This tutorial is inspired by the Japanese Mori Girl subculture. Mori in Japanese means forest, and this style is characterized by organic, flowy, layered fabric, as well as earthy tones reminiscent of the trees, flowers, fruits and animals that we see in fairytales. Most Mori girls usually don’t wear a lot of make-up, and everyone knows my style is more retro-girly gyaru, so this look is just my personal non-expert take on the trend. Hope this helps as much as my previous tutorial!
Step 1: Apply gold shimmer on your eyelids. You can use a shimmery brown eyeshadow too, if you want to add more depth to your eyes. I like to keep it simple by just using a barely-there color. Here I’m using the second darkest shade in Majolica Majorca’s GD886 Jeweling Eyes palette.
Step 2: Highlight your brow bone. I’m using the second lightest shadow in Majolica Majorca’s GD886 Jeweling Eyes palette. Sometimes I skip this step if I’m feeling lazy but this really helps in creating a more polished make-up look.
Step 3: Instead of using black eyeliner, try other colors like dark purple or olive green for a fun, refreshing change. You can wing your eyeliner in any direction you want but I like it a little bit downwards to create a more dolly effect. Green would be perfect for mori girls because it’s the most dominant color of the forest!
Step 4: This step is my most favorite part of this look. Since Mori girls wear a lot of light colors, a pop of wine red on your lower lashline wouldn’t hurt.
The inspiration for this? The apple in Snow White, of course!
Step 5: Majolica Majorca’s Lash Enamel Glamour Neo mascara is my new favorite! It’s not so intense compared to other mascaras but it does the whole lengthening trick perfectly.
Step 6: Apply mascara on your bottom lashes.
Step 7: Finish the whole look by applying false eyelashes. You don’t want the plastic-y ones gyarus use, so opt for natural looking ones like these for this particular mori girl look.
Products used: Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Neo mascara, Puff de Cheek blush in Strawberry Macaroon, GD802 Perfect Automatic liquid eyeliner, RD505 Jeweling Eyes pencil eyeliner, GD886 Jeweling Eyes palette (I used the lower left gold shimmer for my eyelids and the upper right shimmer for highlighting my browbones), Rouge Majex BE210 lipgloss, MAC Playing Koi lipstick, Candy doll face powder from Crissey’s Online Shop, Luminous Change eyelashes from Japanese Candy
It’s also my first time to show you photos of myself without enlarging contacts. These are Freshlook Colorblends Amethyst. They’re the same size as my normal eyes, and they look very natural under normal lighting conditions. If you’re iffy about contact lenses, Freshlook is a trusted BFAD/DOH-approved brand that you can easily purchase in optical stores around the Metro.
Also, I’m totes on a roll! Finally got to update my YouTube channel after a year. Here’s my Perfect Donut Hair Bun Tutorial that’s been widely requested since forever:
If you have any questions and tutorial requests, feel free to comment on this entry. I can’t really do complicated ones with lots of colors and blending, but I’m all for ulzzang and gyaru-inspired ones. If anyone gets inspired by this, take a picture and let me see! Hope this tutorial helps. :)
- itsanitaaaaa likes this
- cuzthereaintnohollabackgurl reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- briarhollow likes this
- squky likes this
- makeithappenagain likes this
- thatsuperrkztalastas likes this
- chaputilicious likes this
- sunnyisntshiny likes this
- redlipschindlex likes this
- aamaurora reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- hime-lulu likes this
- yunholmes likes this
- premium-magento-templates reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- unfchoomtop likes this
- worthlessdaydreaming reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- trishielovesxo reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- gismonda likes this
- akynad likes this
- fiddlestar likes this
- piikka likes this
- malwaredetected likes this
- kreeshareyes likes this
- jesuismagnifiique reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- whiteribbonbangle likes this
- ngxc reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- thewallflowerblossoms likes this
- ishy15 reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- asdfghjkllc likes this
- nuthellia likes this
- mydreamcase likes this
- uuuummmmmmmmmmmm likes this
- ivegotnorhythm likes this
- jenn-exclusive likes this
- frostbittensica likes this
- stroboscopiclights reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- stroboscopiclights likes this
- youcreepmeoutsrsly likes this
- blue-embryo reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- dreamsxnostalgia likes this
- iloveroselle07 reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- sanbaljeogin likes this
- pikainspiredby likes this
- lisolaiman likes this
- justabunchofwords likes this
- amemori likes this
- karu-mii likes this