When I was a kid, I used to be obsessed with watches. I don’t quite remember why, but I always asked for watches whenever my parents would offer to give me something. Not clothes, not toys, not food. Now that I think about it, I was a strange kid with a strange obsession!
My favorite watch was this green and blue Little Mermaid one I wore back in 3rd grade. Ariel was the highlight of the watch’s face, while Sebastian, Flounder, and other characters like Prince Eric and Ursula were on the watch’s strap. I’d always wear it to school, with my black and white uniform and the required black and white hair accessories. Suddenly, among the sea of blacks and whites, there was a colorful watch on someone’s wrist.
I also remember wearing my Baby G watches to death back in 5th grade. I had a pink and white one that had a cool blue-ish backlight that was so popular among my friends back then. Somehow, when you’re a kid, anything that lights up is automatically considered cool! Like those rubber shoes with red blinking lights that until now I still see on the coolest kids I know.
In high school, I also had a number of watches that I used. Most of them were thin-ish ones that had cute patterns and designs like polkadots and flowers! I guess the school rule on “no jewelry and colored hair accessories” made me feel like the only kind of fun I could inject in my black and white uniform was a watch, because my school didn’t have any guidelines about it.
I’d watch the time incessantly during class. “5 more minutes before this class ends!” or ”Only 10 minutes left before the next class begins!” And you know how looking at the time so often makes it so much slower?
"Cellphones can also tell the time, so why wear a watch?", I thought to myself. I also felt like it was so hard to match my existing watches with the rest of my wardrobe all of a sudden. No more Catholic school uniforms after spending a decade or so wearing them? I needed a style intervention… badly. So I ditched wearing watches during my whole stay in Ateneo because I didn’t want to be bothered with what to wear while I was busy studying (haha)
Last month, I found myself falling in love all over again. Almost 6 years of not wearing watches, and then suddenly, this shining beauty! Of course, I found my taste had changed through the years too since I never owned any similar watches before. I think, more than wearing watches to tell the time, I consider them more as an added fashion accessory now.
Sheen is a line by Casio targeted to young sophisticated ladies who are into these kinds of sparkly and girly designs. Nakashima Mika endorses these watches, so just imagine how enthusiastic I was when I found out I could get my hands (wrists?) on my own Sheen watch. And you all know how much of a sucker I am when it comes to Japanese brands, lol.
If you’re interested in getting your own Sheen watch, drop by any Time Depot branch since they’re the authorized distributors of Casio here in the Philippines. I got mine in Rockwell, and they volunteered to fix the metal links for me so the watch can fit my wrist perfectly. Awesome service! <3 Here's the link to the watch that I own, btw!
- yorishiota likes this
- maclariza likes this
- alittlelessofyou likes this
- ddangkong likes this
- sippinonthatbrandi reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- skittlesinmybloodstream reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- arielaxxi reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- majudalcorso reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- babiefortin likes this
- fuckyeahulzzangcuties reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- lettersfromdana likes this
- anime-hentai likes this
- hapa-rae reblogged this from loveandgarbage
- loveandgarbage reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- myfadedjeans likes this
- inspiring-image reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- imsofuckingdone likes this
- dreaming-about-larry likes this
- yorbee reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- julianausma likes this
- tancolobobita likes this
- lisaokee likes this
- n4ked3y3s likes this
- ilovemodelling reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- fashbug reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- preawxo reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- themonsterrr reblogged this from tim-taem
- mindsofmoondust likes this
- stoptheworldiwanagetoff likes this
- asweetbuttlepop reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- tim-taem reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- peachfangas likes this
- arrogantlampshade likes this
- elizabeth-rachel likes this
- intergalactic-fiend reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- haromoni likes this
- lovelyalexis likes this
- g3r4ld reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- larvitard likes this
- lizettetan likes this
- thelittlemisscrazyme likes this
- ihxabhelle reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- insouciancx likes this
- mayehreal likes this
- debataholicness reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- debataholicness likes this
- jenneeyg reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- aeivryn likes this
- ahkina likes this
- angprinsesangmalayo likes this