Finally, gone are the days when I would always do dark, droopy eyes! I feel like I’ve really matured when it comes to doing my eye make-up recently. Blame it on my obsession on Japanese magazines (SCawaii and JELLY are my two new bibles after ViVi), and how they’re all crazy about winging their eyeliner upwards, after so many years of attempting to replicate that doll-like look with eyeliner that curves down (though I still do this, tbh).
I’m totally chalking this up to the whole MODE gyaru revolution, which takes a lot of inspiration from Western fashion and beauty trends. Those like me who graduated from Popteen/Popsister have now found something new, edgy (and less kawaii) and age-appropriate to follow. I’m turning 24 on the 24th of November. I think it’s about time I grow up? :P
Anyhow, I hope you can try to get a copy of SCawaii October 2012 issue with Kojima Haruna (Coincidentally, my AKB bias!) for more cat eyes inspiration! It has about 4-5 pages just showing different ways how to do it. This particular style in this tutorial is something like a combination of my favorite techniques shown in the magazine. :)
1. After putting eyeshadow primer all over your eyelids, apply a neutral shimmer eyeshadow. I’m using the lightest shade of my CANMAKE Eye Nuance (#27 Golden Kuchen) eyeshadow trio.
2. Apply a darker shade of brown. I’m using the middle shade from my CANMAKE Eye Nuance (#27 Golden Kuchen) eyeshadow trio. You can actually use any color since the magic of this make-up style doesn’t rely heavily on eyeshadow.
3. Wing it! I’m using MAKEMANIA DATA Gradation Tip Shadow in light brown. Follow the natural angle of your bottom lash line.
4. Using the same eyeshadow pen, draw a line under your eyes.
5. Draw a thin line using K-Palette Jet Black eyeliner.
6. Wing it! I like my cat eyeliner more subtle so I draw a slight curve instead of a sharp, blunt angle.
7. Almost done! Now it’s time for mascara. I’m using Fairydrops Platinum Mascara (pink), which is perfect for both lengthening and volumizing. It’s a gift from heaven for those with sparse Asian lashes.
8. Do the same with your bottom lashes.
9. Get some eyelash glue, stick your falsies as close to your lashline as possible and there you have it. I’m using Diamond Lash brand ones that I got from Japan. I also put eyelid tape from Etude House (or was it Tony Moly?) because imho falsies look better with parallel eyelids.
I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial as much as I did! This is my most favorite one so far because it’s quite easy to do and it’s not too intense to wear daily. You can wear it with pink lipstick like me, or with red lipstick for a more classic, sophisticated look. I haven’t really tried wearing this with nude lipstick yet, but I can already feel that it might end up looking too pale, if you don’t match it with dark, smokey eyes.
As always, much thanks to Japanese Candy for my pretty circle lenses!
Some of the products that I used for this look: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Okuma Concealer in 02 Yellow Beige, CANMAKE lipstick in Marshallow Pink, Fairydrops film type mascara, MAKEMANIA DATA eyeshadow pen, K-Palette Jet Black liquid eyeliner, K-palette eyebrow tint, Benico x Hello Kitty petit macaron can cheek blush in PM03.
Feel free to comment if you have any questions :D Let me know if this works for you!
- palemoonbaby likes this
- soshii-hime likes this
- melancholyaoi likes this
- rabbitmagic likes this
- pikapikaphantom likes this
- friendlystray likes this
- sparklingbutt reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- lionee likes this
- shot-of-gold likes this
- kochita likes this
- kawaiidreamchu likes this
- merroki likes this
- youdrewmecartoons likes this
- fluxella likes this
- drownedpotato likes this
- six-cups-of-tea likes this
- thirteenstruckdead likes this
- ofcorgisandmakeup likes this
- lovebeautymar likes this
- emiipyon likes this
- vibianlily reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- vibianlily likes this
- megshroom likes this
- thereason-0 reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- thereason-0 likes this
- aph-ijsland likes this
- amazu-n likes this
- iqitkagepro likes this
- anjxunicorn likes this
- iambearbear reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- ruriyuki likes this
- av3b likes this
- mylahishere likes this
- geelagarcia likes this
- razonrollz reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- makeithappenagain likes this
- harlowequinn reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces and added:
- virginskank likes this
- bitch-toast likes this
- thebriiightside likes this
- irachan18 likes this
- sweetthuyvan likes this
- mahnamahna likes this
- morghulis-dohaeris likes this
- sandypoo likes this
- tsyren likes this
- tehsketchpadgirl reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces
- fishmannnnn reblogged this from triciawillgoplaces