It’s about time I got a black watch! I’ve always had a penchant for white and gold ones that I never get to pay any attention to other colors. And besides, I think my style mantra already says so much about my color choices in general - stick to whatever’s safe, classic and will never, ever go out of style. True enough, I think this one’s for keeps. I’m a little crazy about Casio’s Sheen line nowadays, especially since I chanced upon a few advertisements of Mika Nakashima and Girls Generation endorsing them while I was in Japan. Flawless choice of endorsers, okay? <3 I’m so glad we have access to all the shiny watches here in Manila too!
There is an abundance of lines in this outfit, and I’m loving every centimeter of it. I resurrected these shoes from a long time ago! Right now, clear/transparent elements on shoes are quite big, and I’m glad this pair has already been lying around on my shoe rack for a while. If you’ve noticed, I’ve also been into a lot of open-toe footwear recently! There’s nothing else quite as spring and summer, I think.
If there needs to be any proof to how my style can be quite bipolar, I think these two looks would be the best ones to show. Both are trendy B&W. Both make use of the same earrings and shoes. Both feature patterns that we normally see anywhere.
Styling them to suit completely different moods only takes some slight adjustments, contrary to popular belief. It’s not too hard, if you know what kind of elements you have to inject in your look.
Sexy rocker chic with the IT patterns of the moment. The V-neck top and high-waisted origami skirt create a really interesting play with diagonal lines! But I made sure to balance it all out with a boxy vest. There’s nothing like a little leather to achieve that nobody-messes-with-me kind of look!
Sweet goody two shoes look with polkadots and ribbons! What else could be a sweeter combination? Ribbons, regardless of color, will ALWAYS make for a cute statement. I also have to mention that the top is super sheer and is absolutely perfect for the insanely hot weather that we’ve been having in Manila! I heard today was the hottest day of the week. T_T It also comes in mint green with white polkadots, though I hope they also come out with a vertical stripes version in the future!
Thanks to Tracy Monsod for taking my photos.
I dub thee *the* IT skort of the season. If you follow fashion blogs closely enough, I’m pretty sure you’ve seen this design already worn in so many different ways. But definitely not yet in this color! Thanks to Apartment 8 for coming out with this mint color!
The sailor top is from way back their holiday collection, but I think it’s still super appropriate for summer because it gives that cutesy, youthful vibe while being both classy and functional as well. In a way that it lets your arms and pits breathe, lol.
As you may have already noticed, I cut my hair shorter and dyed my hair lighter! I’m more than happy with it as I finally got rid of all the damaged ends, and my roots are growing out fast enough to make the previously bleached parts look like I actually went for the ombre look on purpose. Even if I didn’t!
Off-shoulder tops and dresses have been around for the longest time (I remember wearing a lot of them back when I was in 7th grade), but I’m so glad they’re officially “in” this spring/summer. This top is *the* example of a perfect combination of sexy and cute (Crazy, Stupid, Love, anyone?) and I absolutely love the long, slouchy sleeves that balance out the bare skin on top. Dare to bare your shoulders for a subtle sexy “come hither” effect that’s sure to make a statement!
I wore a very similar top back in December (see here), only from a different website and a different color, but YAY we can finally rejoice since Apartment 8 decided to make it in different colors! I’m eyeing the black and white ones next! XOXO
Photos by Rg Gabunada
I can’t even start talking about this top. I have to have it in all colors possible! For girls with small shoulders like me, this is seriously the best style to show them off. The high neckline and the cuffed sleeves make it all the more perfect. Striking a balance between sweet and sexy is difficult, and this top pulls it off so well by providing peekaboo cutouts in the right places.
Somehow, before I knew it, I found myself going back to this sweet style again. I blame it on the major life changes that has been happening recently. Let’s just say that it involves a lot of ties being cut off, both in physical and emotional aspects. Because I can’t go on sulking forever, I’ve just learned to accept these things that I can’t change and have no control over. Praying about them every night keeps me sane.
Anyhow, speaking of going back to sweet style, I’m quite proud that this has zero black or white in it. Huzzah! I missed this so much. Apartment 8’s Blair is back with a new look, and no, it’s not about this wig that people think is my real hair, or my newly revamped pre-summer layout. XOXO
Now available at the Apartment 8 FB page, as well as the 1st and 3rd floors of Greenhills Shoppesville Arcade, The Ramp Crossings – Glorietta, TriNoma and Shangri-La, Robinsons Galleria Dept. Store, and Pop Culture, Alabang Town Center.
Last December 19, I attended a wedding with a strict formal dress code. I wore a periwinkle blue dress that must be the most perfect fitting dress that I’ve ever owned in my entire life. I thought my lack of curves was a hopeless case but this dress made me think otherwise. With a proper fit, you can turn a straight tree stump body into something like this! I’m thoroughly impressed - I was panicking for a dress two weeks before the wedding when the Apartment 8 team volunteered to make me one, under their made-to-order Haute Lifestyle brand, and finished the dress in only 2 weeks. They got all my measurements right the first time, and my first fitting was a breeze. Haute Lifestyle, you are doing it right! <3 I’m sure most of my readers who are still in highschool are still looking for prom or graduation ball dresses around this time, so I definitely recommend contacting them asap. The dress’ design was a collaboration between me and the brand, and that was pretty fun to do too. :D
For more details, email them at email@example.com, visit them at 33B Scout Borromeo, South Triangle, Quezon City, or call them at 709-7338 / 0917-5751502.
Sorry for the Instawillgoplaces delay! Anyhow, feast your eyes on plentiful food porn, travel photos and a couple of annoying photos of myself, teehee.
1) Really really really good Mac and Cheese and Truffle Pizza at one of my new favorite places to eat/hang out, Locale Gastrobar in Pasig. NOM.
2) Camwhoring in the dressing room at the Apartment 8 launch with Lissa, Camille, Patricia, Vern and Verniece.
3) Pigged out at Wildflour Café + Bakery with my boyfriend RG after a long day at The Mind Museum. Totally craving for all these right now. Can’t wait to go back!
4) MAC Ruby Woo lipstick and matching red nails! Sweater from Forever 21.
5) After getting a bangs trim and a blowdry at my usual salon. I should do this hairstyle more often…
6) Attended the Ateneo Bonfire as usual, to celebrate the 5th straight championship for the UAAP Basketball team! Boyfriend and I are both proud Ateneans :D
7) The first time I dyed my hair darker after a long time. It’s (Schwarzkopf) Igora Royal 5-65 on light brown, previously bleached hair. 7-65 for the non-bleached parts like roots. Baby steps to making the color even. It was frustrating when the color on my roots and the rest of my hair would fade differently, so my hairstylist decided to use two different colors (from the same family) then. Complex stuff.
8) BIG BANG concert! Definitely one of the highlights of 2012. <3 I made sure to schedule my flight to Hong Kong the next day and not on the day of the concert!
Went with my Juju, Calel and his girlfriend Farrah who is a huuuge K-pop fan. We both screamed our lungs out during the concert like crazy people, lol. Sadly can’t go to the DFKC but I’m still crossing my fingers for a solo SNSD concert or a possible SM Town Manila. :(
9) As soon as my friend Jee and I arrived in Hong Kong, we splurged on giant strawberries at the supermarket. Yum!
10) Hong Kong Disneyland with Jee! She bought the cutest Marie cat ears because she super loves cats, and I got myself a nice limited edition Halloween Minnie headband.
11) Benico x Hello Kitty Petit Macaron blushes in PM03 and PM04 in Sasa for about HKD99 each. Still using these blushes now, especially the purple/pink one.
12) Stocked up on some of my favorite lashes! Sasa, just come to Manila already! T_T
13) Had dinner with the family at UCC as soon as I came back to Manila! Absolutely in love with their seafood salad. Pricey but so good.
14) And yet another dinner with the family. This time at Italianni’s in Eastwood Mall. We all clearly missed each other too much. That, or we all have bottomless pits as stomachs.
15) Before I knew it, I was out of the country again! Here’s a pretty view of Jakarta.
16) Borobudur Temple!
17) Prambanan Temple!
18) The most adorable Alice in Wonderland stickers I found at a random stall in a mall in Jakarta. Alice and I have the same hair! :D
19) Japanese burger with truffle cream sauce at UMAMI in The Grove. My siblings and I also love going to this place for coffee and dessert! Try their sea salt caramel coffee. <3
20) The yummiest comfort food at Borough in The Podium with my family. Brooklyn Omelette, I love you forever.
21) Homemade paella made by my talented brother Calel!
22) Bangs! With Camille at the Apartment 8 Holiday Collection shoot.
23) My super sweet boyfriend surprised me with flowers the night before my birthday! He also baked a layered chocolate cookie dough and oreo cake which we both ate at midnight. He worked on it for 5 straight hours! Intense.
The perks of having a boyfriend who loves to cook and bake. I fail at everything related to the kitchen, lol.
24) I didn’t post this on Instagram but I just found this too cute not to share! I was taking my usual outfit photos in front of the mirror when he decided to photobomb me. :D
Pink and princess-y look while I still can. Dress is something I got in Korea a long time ago. Maybe I should schedule a trip to Seoul again this year…
25) He treated me to Wafu in Greenhills for my birthday lunch. So. Freaking. Good. I can eat Japanese food everyday.
26) Then we spent most of the night with the rest of my family at Mom and Tina’s. First time to treat all of them for my birthday instead of the usual. For the past 24 years it has always been my parents paying for everything but I wanted to give back by treating them out for dinner for once. Made me feel like an adult! :D
27) My dad surprised me with cake (which I ended up paying for also, lol) with a color scheme and design that matched the color of my top and the curls on my hair! 8D
28) Light make-up and shiny gold accents.
‘Til next time! I’ll probably do a separate entry for my December Instagram photos. Follow me @tgosingtian for live updates!
It’s finally Christmas! Share the love and happiness, but let’s not forget to celebrate the birth of Jesus amidst the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. Hope everyone’s having a wonderful time right now! Sending the warm and fuzzy Christmas wishes to all. <3
This batik dress was the welcome gift from Alleira that I was talking about in my first Indonesia travel post. I ended up using it after all, despite it being in XL size, for a number of reasons. The quality of this dress is nothing short of amazing, and I wouldn’t trade the print and the design for anything else. It’s something that not everyone can reproduce, so it looks like I’ll be keeping it in my closet for a long time. For these pictures, I just used a ton of pins at the back to make the dress fit better, but I do have plans to have it altered to my size soon.
Now available at the Apartment 8 online store, 1st and 3rd floor Greenhills Shoppesville Arcade, The Ramp Crossings – Glorietta, TriNoma and Shangri-La, Robinsons Galleria Dept. Store, and Pop Culture, Alabang Town Center.