Dumping all these outfits in here before the year ends. 2013 has been a great year for me, and it is probably one that I will never, ever forget. I think my style has changed drastically this year, especially after I got my hair cut and dyed a totally different style from what everyone has been used to all these years. Looking back, it was one of those many decisions that I need to put into my list of impulsive things I did that changed my life for the better.
Today also marks the last day of my 31 Days of Style with Candy! You might have noticed that I’ve been extra active on Lookbook this month and this was the reason why. It’s mostly a story about layering and wearing outerwear. I hope it won’t go away any time soon for those who still need inspiration for cold weather dressing in the next couple of months!
Speaking of Candy, I did a number of medium-length hair tutorials for them last November! I don’t think I’ve mentioned this here before but it’s better late than never, right? I noticed a lot of the girls who went to my book signing events also cut their hair to medium-length - you girls might want to check the videos out for a last minute New Year makeover!
I’ll be leaving for Taiwan soon so I’ll just be queuing posts again while I’m gone! Happy New Year!
It’s another season of cut-outs, and I am so in. Well, it’s been around for a long time, but I couldn’t really push myself to go completely out of my comfort zone with waist-baring, back-revealing ones that will compromise my usually-conservative style. I find that there are more options for cut-outs now, and my favorite kind would be the ones that show off the neck and shoulders.
Here are three outfits that clearly show my growing obsession for cut-out details. They range from subtle to something more obvious, and I can’t wait to get my hands on more creative cut-out placements in the future.
Pardon the overuse of girly skater skirts for these looks. This formula has become some sort of uniform for me recently!
I know this may seem a little ridiculous seeing how the temperature has recently gone up to 37 or 38 C, but there *is* a way to layer properly this summer - wear a sleeveless top, and a blazer that’s made of the thinnest material. It’s pretty much the same as wearing just one long-sleeved top. But a lot more fun! Thankfully, Bayo knows us so well that most of their summer pieces are super friendly to all of us who are dying from the heat. (I am sweating as I write this!)
Now here’s something that every Potterhead should have, I think. It doesn’t really state Hogwarts anywhere and I know the school is in Scotland but it reminds me so much of Harry Potter all the same. <3
When in accessory-doubt, just wear clothes with embellishments. These two items from Chicwish are a match made in heaven because of this. The detailed collar makes for a good necklace alternative, while the little pearl studs on the skirt are on the same level as my hands, serving as alternatives to arm/finger candy.
1) Coffee and work date with my good friend Tracy at the Caffe Bene in Eastwood. We both cannot work at our own homes because we end up being super unproductive, so we schedule dates at our favorite coffee places to motivate each other to not slack off!
2) As I uploaded these pictures for this post, I realized that I took a lot of these mirror shots last month! Some of the outfits might seem familiar from Lookbook.
3) You’ll see this stripey H&M top twice in this post.
4) What I wore to my cousin’s garden wedding at Tagaytay. Found this long dress on sale at Mango. Borrowed the clutch from my mom who I went shopping with at Miss Selfridge last Christmas.
5) One of the most effective ways to keep yourself in check is to wirte in a gratitude journal. Got this particular one at kikki.K in Singapore last year. Even if I forget to write here sometimes, I make sure that I dedicate a few minutes every day to reflect on the things I should be grateful for on my own.
6) Sukiyaki night with le boyfriend! We love to eat out, and we both love to take photos of our food. Follow him on IG: @rgabunada
7) Wearing jeans! *gasp*
8) Sashimi platter! NOM
9) One of my MOFW Fukuoka posts. Black and white is such a huge trend right now, it seems. I feel like I’m having an extended Christmas because most of my closet has always been filled with these two colors and you can see them everywhere in the mall.
10) Obligatory Bayo dressing room post. Ended up getting the pink/cream version of this top for my Bayo outfit post last January. Now that I think about it, I should’ve gotten the mint one too!
11) Outfit for a meeting. EMODA top, Just G jacket.
12) Outfit for dinner with my family at High Street Central. Zara top, dazzlin skirt.
13) RG and I have been officially together for 2 years last January 23rd! He sent me flowers first thing in the morning. How sweet. <3
14) Had our anniversary lunch at Premio The Fort, where I had this amazing olive oil poached salmon. I finished the whole thing. NOM
15) Finally got an Instax Mini too, thanks to him. He couldn’t find plain border film so he ended up buying whatever was available - this interesting rainbow gradient film that apparently so many people on IG like! I’d still prefer plain ones though. :D
16) Hiroshima Oyster set at Yabu! Not as big as the real oysters in Hiroshima (which I was fortunate enough to try last December), but still super good! They stuffed a lot of small oysters inside. NOM
17) Dyed my hair lighter last month.
Though as of this writing, my hair is about 3 inches shorter. Had to let go of all the damaged parts after so long. I had to curl my hair every time I wanted to make it look decent. So tedious! To think my hair color is high maintenance enough.
Currently looking for a new Japanese or Korean salon to do my next hair color! I’ve been going to the same one for the past 5 years that I think its time to give other salons a chance.
18) Lastly, this outfit! Can’t wear red for a few weeks/months now because of some Chinese traditions I have to follow, so we’ll finally see less of this color for now…