June was my back-to-reality month after all the happy cray that went down during April and May. For most people, it signaled that start of another school year. For me, it felt more like August, when all the midterms are supposed to be. Suddenly, my workload tripled and it seemed as if the previous months existed so I could prepare myself accordingly. Ugh. Just a few weeks/months before I can relax with that secret project I keep on mentioning, but in the meantime… HUSTLE!
At least I’m not 3 months late with my IG Photo Dumps anymore, though I’m well-aware that I still have 2 Kyoto posts and an MOFW Japan pending. Right now, I’m thinking if I should just merge it with my upcoming MOFW Hong Kong since I tend to buy Japanese brands there anyway. Decisions, decisions!
Anyhow, here’s a collection of photos I took back in June. Wow, I was really up and about. Little by little, as I post more IG Photo Dumps, you’ll get to see how much of a hermit I’ve become since then!
1) Late beach outing with my friends. A week later this was taken, rainy season finally arrived in the country, making it almost impossible to enjoy weekends with zero chance of rain.
2) Posted this on my Twitter, but it’s related to the beach photo. That out-of-town trip was the last trip our 7-year-old group of friends was going to have in a while. Kiks is now taking his masters in an art school in San Francisco, and he won’t be back until 2015! Woot, good luck to him!
3) New (and affordable) accessories from Just G. I haven’t been able to visit them last summer so I was surprised to see so many new designs from them!
4) What’s an IG Photo Dump without food porn? This is my favorite seafood salad from UCC. Yes, it has a ton of fried stuff in it. Makes the whole thing taste really good.
5) Selca from the mirror in Just G Megamall. Wearings INGNI top, EMODA pants, bag and necklace, and Gold Dot wedges on a busy errands day.
6) Look who I bumped into on the way out of the mall!
7) Roasted bone marrow from Village Tavern in High Street Central.
8) Another selfie. For some reason, I have so many selfies from last June and almost zero for July-August. Stress, what are you doing to meee
There is always time for annoying selfies.
9) Man, was I vain last June or what?
Wearing a cute cut-out Tracyeinny top!
10) ViVi’s popular July issue which came with a free snidel shirt. I’ve been seeing the shirt so often in Japanese street snaps that it has also become one of my favorite everyday shirts.
11) I don’t know why I look so different here, but it was a good bangs day. This was also the last proper photo of my accidental ombre which I got so tired of eventually.
Wearing an Apartment 8 halter top!
12) I visit Marufuku in Ortigas every month, it seems.
13) Trissey on Independence Day!
14) Our first meeting with the CANMAKE Philippines team at WIld Flour in Podium. L-R: Crissey, Arbee, me, Eri, Sachie and Bea.
15) Went to Caffe Bene to work and was easily tempted to get a mango crunch cake. #skinnyfatproblems
16) Darker hair color fresh from the salon. It stayed this way for about 1 1/2 weeks until it gradually faded to the lighter ash brown I’ve been sporting recently.
This is actually a mix of different levels of ash brown, since I was really set on killing the accidental ombre caused by my bleached ends. The dye used for the bleached parts were a bit darker than the one used for my roots, so it’s hard to say what exact color this is!
Visit my hairstylist Lena at Park Jun’s in Glorietta if you’re interested in this color, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be as ashy if you’ve never had your hair bleached before. Try it anyway!
17) With David and Lissa at the Aeropostale Aero Jam!
18) Dropped by Cupcakes by Sonja’s since I was in Glorietta. Shang branch, please open soon!
19) Intentionally changed the way I did my make-up and went for a simple eyes-bold lips combo for once.
20) Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen on a rainy day.
21) Thanks @houseofjelly on IG for contributing to my already-junk-filled lifestyle. Can’t say no to Nutella and green tea Crunch.
22) @polishedinthecity on IG gave me the prettiest colors! OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest and My Vampire is Buff, ZOYA Toni, Yara and Skylar.
23) Straight hair, don’t care!
24) The placement of the bread in this dish reminds me of bunny ears. This is the truffle pasta I always get in Locale!
25) Fooled around and called this my high fashion alter ego, lol. Actually, I just finished my make-up and decided to camwhore before blowdrying my hair. Check out my pretentious model squint.
26) Back to my normal self! Pink cheeks, pink lipstick and soft curls. :)
Almost three months overdue, but not entirely irrelevant yet! May was a special month. I went on a sponsored trip to Tokyo, thanks to EMODA, but I also stuffed myself with so much food, it’s surprising I haven’t doubled my weight yet considering my no-diet, no-exercise lazy ass lifestyle. Thanks mom for the metabolism. FOR NOW!
Also, my IG is @tgosingtian and I use Afterlight or Camera 360 for most of my photos. Will make an updated post on the photography apps that I use soon! Keep an eye out for that!
Warning, food porn ahead!
1) Fatty but awesome ramen from Mitsuyado Sei-men along Jupiter! Met up with the girls of Stores Specialists Inc (SSI) to discuss some collabs!
God, I can’t even begin to imagine what I’ll do with all my iPhone 4S cases once I upgrade to a higher model. My current iPhone still works perfectly so I’ll wait for iPhone 6 to come out, I guess!
3) Brotzeit at Shang! Thanks to my brother Calel for introducing this place to us!
4) Because I ran out of Ramune Pink a long time ago, I got myself a new one back when I was in Osaka/Kyoto. The new packaging is a touchy subject, as a lot of people prefer the old one better. Me? I’m part of the very few who prefer this one than the black/silver one with stripes. I’m very partial to black/gold.
5) My default flats nowadays. Pointy shoes have a certain sophisticated feel to them, and I love Poppy Red Shoes for making these weaved ones available for all of us girls to enjoy!
6) Because Kozui (along Tomas Morato) will always be one of my favorites EVER. I really wish they’d open more branches.
7) Paid a visit to the new Morellato in SM North Edsa and got to customize my own bracelets! I had so much fun mixing and matching a whole selection of charms.
8) Annoying selfie! I liked my make-up here so I had to. I almost never wing my eyeliner nowadays, but I used to be so addicted to this extreme style the last few months!
9) Yummy oysters at Locale Gastropub in City Golf.
10) My fave Sea Salt Caramel Latte from Umami at The Grove.
11) My first hearty (because of the bowl) not-so-hearty (because of the size) meal in Narita Airport. Most of the restaurants were already closed by the time my brother and I arrived.
12) OOTD! SLY dress, Lowrys Farm denim jacket, and INGNI headband. Not in photo: black Converse hi-tops!
13) Straight bangs and side bangs! Had pasta dinner with pretty Camille and EMODA’s Kumiko somewhere in Shibuya before the touchMe show.
14-15) OOTDs! EMODA everything. Even iPhone case.
16) My kind of accessories. GYDA bracelet, L.CHANCE rings. All from Japan!
17) Another selfie. Tried out the hair chalk / soft pastels that Glam Effect sent me. Pretty cool but super drying! I’ll stick to photoshopping ombres!
18) Burger Mac & Cheese from Torch in Greenhills! Cast iron mac and cheese served with US Angus Beef patty, OMG.
19) Thanks SNS Accessories for the love and heart rings! Chanel Pearl Drop and Emprise on my nails.
20) OOTD! Dress from PINZA Shibuya 109.
21) Another selfie! EMODA top and earrings.
22) NY Cheescake and milk tea from Subspace Coffee House in Ortigas. Rg and I love hanging out at this dainty Korean cafe! If you’re a fan of K-pop, I’m pretty sure you’ll recognize all the songs that they play here. :) Sometimes they even do latte art inspired by certain boy/girl groups!
23) Vidakush sent me these perfect knuckle rings! Simple, just the way I like my accessories.
24) That awkward moment when I started to not look like myself. My hair went back to blonde over time, and my bangs? Non-existent! Gives off a mature feel, yes?
Got a haircut soon after because my forehead felt naked and I got so conscious when I looked at the mirror and found myself looking like my age (or even older). Bangs can really add to a more youthful appearance. Can I just look 18 forever? Lol
25) Started the month with food, and ended it with food. Happy Wildflour opened in Podium recently! So near where I live <3 Tried their apple pie and latte. Both were lovely!
Blogging about my Tokyo trip last May first as I want to save Kyoto trip last April as the end of my Japan travel series. I still have a pending MOFW for this but I’m pretty sure I can finish everything before I go to Hong Kong with Crissey next month!
This trip was sponsored by EMODA and touchMe Collection (read about it here), but of course, since I was already there, I just had to extend a few days so I could go around, shop, take hundreds of photos, and be all tourist-y. The preparation for it was a little intense though, as I had to complete another set of VISA requirements even if I just came from Osaka and Kyoto a few weeks before this. It would’ve been ideal if the Japanese embassy already issued multiple-entry visas back then! I was thisclose to almost having to rebook my flight a day later. Phew!
Anyhow, let me deviate a bit and take this opportunity to mention that this blog turned 4 years old yesterday! YAY! And a few months before I created this blog, I went to Tokyo for the first time. I never had the chance to properly make a travel diary for it as the pictures were too outdated already by the time it occurred to me that I could do it, so this is my first official Tokyo travel diary! Quite fitting for my blog’s 4th birthday, eh?
Shibuya’s billboards last May. 4 years ago, I could still remember that they were promoting the J-drama Mr. Brain.
I can’t believe Mr. Brain was 4 years ago alreadyyy *feels old*
Scramble Crossing is known to be super crowded, but my brother and I were able to catch it with not too many people. Visit on an off-hour on a weekday for a more manageable crowd!
Getting a train ticket with my brother Juju. It’s easy to commute around Japan once you get the hang of it. Most of the ticketing machines have an English option so it’s not difficult to understand.
If you really have no idea what to do, you can always ask someone in the area to help you. I’ve never encountered a Japanese person who was unwilling to help in terms of directions! Some of them even make sure that you’re completely okay with your ticket before they leave.
First stop, Akihabara! You cannot miss Yodabashi-Akiba as it’s right by the entrance/exit of the station. 9 stories of gadgets and electronics? Yes please!
I was so tempted to get a Lumix GF6 as the commercials of Ayase Haruka kept on playing inside the trains, but I successfully managed to refrain from doing so as I already have a dSLR that has been working just fine! SELF-DISCIPLINE IS HARD.
They were also selling so many different iPhone cases on the first floor! Ones that you can’t really find anywhere else.
The Akihabara that we all know. Moe moe kyun~
My brother and I decided to walk around a bit as the weather was quite nice and there was supposedly an event in one of the temples nearby.
When we got there, there were already people preparing for the event, but it wasn’t going to start any time soon.
This is what you get for always being early, lol. We had to wait 4-5 hours until it started but we already made an itinerary for the whole day and couldn’t afford to miss any of the spots that we planned to visit. Next time, maybe!
But it was cool that these wooden prayer tablets were Akiba-style too, with the illustrations and all!
Next stop was Tokyo Tower, which we never got to visit the first time we went to Japan. There’s a new, much higher Tokyo Sky Tree now but we figured we might get disappointed if we went to Sky Tree first before Tokyo Tower, lol.
But I think Tokyo Tower is much more iconic even if it is so much older and lower than Sky Tree! It has a charm of its own, and not to mention, Matsujun (and V6 Okada) has a movie named after this very structure… WOOT.
Built in 1958 and obviously patterned after the Eiffel Tower.
You can go up to one of the observation decks for a small fee, but there’s an additional fee if you want to go higher. My brother and I just settled for the one in the middle, where most people went.
There was a robot going around welcoming people to Tokyo Tower. Check out this grandpa-grandson duo looking so amazed!
The city of Tokyo.
Just because Shinjuku is unexpectedly battling it out with Shibuya as my favorite place in Tokyo.
Giant (fake) cherry blossom balls hanging from the ceiling.
And we’re off to another place again. I swear my brother and I went to so many places it was a miracle how our feet survived it all.
Guess where we headed next?
ODAIBA! Far from the city but…OMG GUNDAM. WE HAD TO.
You can’t miss this life-sized Gundam model that I think secretly works. Knowing Japan and how everything must have a function, lol.
I’m pretty sure it will work once aliens come to attack Earth…
Details. All the yummy details.
Obligatory tourist-y picture with the Gundam. Sue me for having a photo with the Gundam but not with Tokyo Tower. CHECK OUT MY PRIORITIES.
It was huge. And absolutely lovely. We went around Diver City for a short while before we decided to go back to the city before rush hour arrived.
Passed by Fuji TV on the way back to the station. Some kids were having their school field trip there.
This scenery. If you’ve seen Odaiba in J-dramas, you’d notice that there’s always going to be a shot of this scenery where you can see Rainbow Bridge and (even if it’s not too clear in this photo) Tokyo Tower.
There’s a fake Statue of Liberty here somewhere but this girl was more photogenic TBH
A peaceful and squeaky-clean park near Aqua City. Wish we had similar parks here in Manila!
Before heading back to Shibuya for dinner, we passed by Ginza and added yet another place to our day’s agenda. By this time, I was already quite tired though! I would’ve been less tired if I didn’t bring my 24-70 lens with me and brought the 40 pancake lens instead, but hey, ALL FOR GOOD PHOTOS.
I think I was extra tired during this trip in general because I just came from a week-long trip to Osaka and Kyoto which was also quite hectic and I’m generally unhealthy with no proper diet and exercise. Good luck to me!
Shibuya by night! All the pretty lights.
The famous Starbucks / Tsutaya in Shibuya.
ROLA. Love her so much. Her IG is amazing, and her daily outfits are all so lust-worthy. <3 I couldn’t get a copy of this book so I took a photo of the billboard instead. /cry
touchMe After Party truck ad on our way back to our hotel, before we crashed onto our beds in an instant. Productive day!
The next day, my brother and I decided to go visit Harajuku, Shinjuku and Omotesando!
It was fairly early in the morning so there weren’t a lot of people yet, but I was pretty shocked at how different the Takeshita Dori sign is now compared to 4 years ago! Lots of construction going on in the area as well.
Woohoo! Can you spot me and my brother?
Summer knit + floral pants + clear bag. All trendy items this summer!
Rainbow tutu! Not my thing but it’s adorable. Lisa Frank memories.
Girly shoes on sale! Would’ve gone crazy if I were still in my Liz Lisa stage!
My brother did some shopping in Jimsinn which has been around Harajuku for a long time. They sell some nice punk-ish clothes and on the ceiling of the store are signatures from famous rockstars from all over the world.
The shop staff was an interesting fellow too! He practiced his English with us and he was really good!
L.CHANCE is my favorite place to buy accessories. You can find it everywhere but this place in Takeshita Dori has a 2nd floor that sells discounted items from previous seasons too.
I actually hate that it’s everywhere because I find something to buy EVERY SINGLE TIME. And it’s not even suuuper cheap! Gomenasai, wallet.
Hot item from Liz Lisa’s spring/summer collection.
Harajuku fashion! I used to love this kind of fashion a long time ago, though I never really found the courage to wear it as it’s not so much my personality. I really commend those like Reese (doesn’t this mannequin look like her?) who can pull this style off so well without looking forced at all!
Colors everywhere! And yet another multi-colored tutu!
Unique sneaker design from Lollipunks, a brand that sells fairy kei stuff (if my memory serves me right). Not something I would wear but it’s adorable nonetheless!
Near the end of Takeshita Dori is this underground WEGO store that you can’t miss!
Tokyu Plaza Omotesando / Harajuku
Matsuko Deluxe! And a mini Masami Nagasawa!
Chanel and Margiela in Omotesando.
Took a break from walking! A-ha! The opportunity to take a proper outfit shot! Wearing a dress from SLY, bag from Moussy, headband from INGNI and (whoa) sneakers from Converse! Must wear comfy shoes when traveling!
I also had a denim jacket from Lowrys Farm inside my bag. Didn’t expect for summer to arrive so soon in Japan so I overpacked a bit, thinking spring was going to be a bit longer. I was wrong! u_u
After a quick lunch, my brother and I headed to Shinjuku.
My first stop was RANDA!
Then we went to Shinjuku Lumine EST where I bought my white blazer set from EMODA. It was sold-out in Shibuya 109 so I was ecstatic when I found it in Shinjuku! Ended up wearing it for touchMe collection, and regretting not getting it in blue and black. HERE I GO AGAIN with my one style-many colors habit.
Didn’t take so many photos in Shinjuku because my back was already killing me at this point. I can’t wait for the time (maybe year 3000+) where humans can invent cameras that are as light as a feather. BRB, putting self into cryogenic sleep now…
Shinagawa! My brother and I transferred hotels from somewhere in Shibuya to Shinagawa because EMODA booked us there. 4 years ago, my family also stayed in the same area! Nostalgic feels!
My brother and I went on separate ways on our last day in Tokyo. He went to get his left-handed guitar somewhere, and I spent lunchtime and early afternoon with Camille at Shibuya 109.
By this time, I was already like my 3rd or 4th visit to Shibuya 109 in a span of a few days. Am I crazy? Most probably.
Saw Hamada Britney on the way out of 109. Also spotted Suzuki Nana on my first visit. This place is crawling with famous people!
And beautiful shop staff who make you wish you looked just liked them.
First agenda with Camille? PURIKURA! We went to the SEGA game center in Shibuya.
We had so much fun tinkering with these photo booth machines that we wish we could bring back home to Manila!
Because the Japanese level of beauty is so high, we’ll just settle for cheating. *low self-esteem tears* Kidding aside, PURIKURA = INSTANT PHOTOSHOP. They edit the pictures so fast! Makes you so giddy to take the next photo because it miraculously makes everyone look like a ViVi model!
Big eyes and clear skin in a matter of a few seconds! You can even add make-up, fake lashes and change your hair color. I swear you can go into one of these things with zero make-up on and come out looking like a goddess.
Nino CM! Also ABC-Mart is like heaven for fans of Converse, Nike, Puma, Adidas, Vans, etc. My brothers often find something to buy here, usually at discounted prices. I got my black sneakers from an ABC-Mart too!
Aww, time to part ways with Camille who met up with her mom and sister shortly after I helped her take outfit shots with her camera. My brother happened to be around the area too so we spent our last few hours in Shibuya checking out places we haven’t been to yet.
I hate rain, if I’m traveling. But I like it when I’m spending the whole day inside my house. Agree? :)
WC by Chinatsu Wakatsuki flagship store. I saw her during the EMODA touchMe show. I died a little inside because she was drop-dead gorgeous. T_T
Shibuya OIOI / Marui! LOVE. Though all of the clothes here are generally more expensive than the ones in 109. But brands like snidel can be found here. <3
Last photo before I tucked my camera away and spent my last few hours resting! I started to feel sick (prolly because I overworked myself carrying so much shopping + my camera that weighs like a baby) so my brother and I went back to the Shinagawa area so the atmosphere is generally more relaxed and chill! We ended up eating at some fancy European-inspired place in the station that served the most amazing pasta. I can’t think of an ending more perfect than that! <3
Two Kyoto posts coming right up!
Last week, EMODA flew me and Camille to Tokyo to cover their touchMe A/W 2013 fashion show. It was a real privilege, as touchMe is strictly invitation-only, and I am completely aware that without EMODA’s help, I wouldn’t stand a chance among the hundreds and thousands of Japanese EMODA fans who would kill to sit in the show.
The show started around 9PM at Belle Salle, Shibuya Garden, so we had a few hours free before the event. Kumiko, the awesome lady who guided us throughout the night, accompanied us to Shibuya 109 to shop for our outfits for the event. Earlier that day, I already bought a full-EMODA coordinate at the Shinjuku Lumine EST store… but that did not stop me for shopping again!
Check out our giant paper bags of goodies. Goodbye to all the money in my wallet, but everything was just too shiny. I especially love the current S/S collection as it’s very resort-like (appropriate for Manila throughout the year!) and most of the items are classic, just the way I like my clothes.
One of the best things I like about the brand is how it’s very influenced by Western high street and blogger fashion, which are two of my greatest style influences too. The way the individual items are styled together make it distinctly EMODA, but the individual items (on their own) are versatile enough to be worn by those not exactly interested in styling it the same way the shop staff and models do. The brand appeals to a very wide audience in this way. As long as you like clean, classic, minimalist styles, EMODA’s items will definitely speak to you. Even my mom likes EMODA!
Anyhow, Camille and I both got some nifty novelty items for free because we shopped A LOT. We got the cutest MODE style towels and pillow cases.
After shopping, we had pasta for dinner somewhere around Shibuya. Then we rushed to the event location for some picture taking.
This iconic background! If you follow Japanese magazines, you might have already seen this a few times. Many famous Japanese models and icons have their photos taken against this background. When it was our turn, a part of me went “I CAN DIE NOW!”
But then again, the show had not even started yet at this point. So maybe after the show, lol.
Outfits for the night. I opted for simple black and white, while Camille went for a spring-y blue and green coordinate.
I wish I had enough time to take outfit shots of other people because everyone who attended the show were all so freaking beautiful and well-dressed, you’d think they’re all models.
Just after being seated (front row, baby), I noticed a ton of famous models pass by. I normally don’t get starstruck but when it comes to the Japanese personalities that I only get to see in magazines? That’s a different story.
I saw Mai Miyagi about 3 times, AMIAYA, Wei Son, a lot of BLENDA models, Chinatsu Wakatsuki, etc. I was pretty sure that there were a lot more in the event hall, but everything happened so fast. My eyes couldn’t keep up! (On a semi-related note, I also saw Nana Suzuki the day before and Hamada Britney the day after - both in 109!) Hearts all over, anyway. Also shows how big of a brand EMODA is among the Japanese fashion scene/crowd.
The show started shortly after Camille and I were seated, and it lasted for about 20-30 minutes. Took a ton of photos, as usual, and I hope these do justice to the clothes.
This collection is called BUDDY CLOSET. Absolutely obsessed with everything. It’s all a tasteful mix of masculine and feminine elements, and the colors are all so rich and creamy. I was quite surprised with the brown items, but they all worked so well with the bright blues and reds in the end. Don’t know if it’s just me, but a lot of the coordinates reminded me of London street fashion.
No words, but “I covet”. <3
This outfit was my favorite. Warm and fuzzy feels for A/W? Yes please!
A classy way of doing print-on-print. Same print but opposite colors.
The models were officially successful in making red eyebrows look cool.
I can’t even begin with this black series. The fabric is to die for! So classy, and I have some sort of inexplicable desire to touch it.
Same fabric for tops and bottoms seemed to be HUGE in this collection.
Printed bottoms and flat-brimmed caps are still in! The same themes are also present in their current S/S collection, though I think I prefer the darker neutrals that are coming up soon as I am biased with anything black and white.
Love how the orange hair accents give so much life to the dark outfits. Perhaps we’ll be seeing the EMODA team and/or staff with orange ombres later this year?
This fabric. This coat. <3
After the show, we were lucky enough to be briefly introduced to EMODA Producer Ena Matsumoto (So petite and thin-framed!) who is one of my many style icons. She was too nice to spend a few minutes to take pictures with us, as she was busy and in demand that night, and I knew we were taking a bit of her time! Made my heart melt.
She greeted us with “Hello! I am Ena, EMODA Producer!” then she asked Kumiko how to say “Nice to meet you!” in English. After we also introduced ourselves, I greeted her “Omedetou!” then she was like “Sankyu!” while rubbing her belly.
And I was like… OMG WHAT?! (in my head) I just congratulated her for the show!
Kumiko and I were so surprised because we didn’t know she was pregnant! Ena must have seen our faces, and she said “Baby!” to help clear the confusion. So excited for her! Maybe in the future EMODA will release limited edition maternity clothes! Ena will be the most chic mom ever.
There is nothing more fitting than to say that this person is responsible for making EMODA the brand that it is now. It is so admirable that she and her team have a vision of making it global one day, instead of just settling in one place. I see this vision happening very clearly, and I can’t wait for EMODA to tickle the fancies of the world’s fashion lovers.
I asked if I could take a few seconds of her time to snap about 2 solo photos of her and she gladly obliged with a wide smile on her face. But she switched back to “cool” mode as soon as I pointed the camera at her!
Spotted EMODA Press manager Erina Abe on the way out of the event hall. <3 She is wearing one of the skirts that is included in an on-going EMODA A/W 2013 exhibition. Want! I wish I could’ve stayed longer to catch the exhibition!
Thanks to these people for making it all happen! I really wish I can attend more Japanese fashion shows in the future, especially since I am more than happy to spread the love to international fans. I used to just dream about attending stuff like TGC and touchMe, so this was really an overwhelming experience.
But enough about me! This is supposed to be about EMODA!
Here’s a video of the show:
1) Celebrated my boyfriend RG's birthday at Draft in Rockwell! Had this yummy meal all to myself while he ordered a scrumptious burger. NOM
2) Salmon sashimi at Marufuku in Ortigas.
3) Macarons at Chez Karine in Serendra.
5) Squinty eyes and pretty plants on a very sunny day. L-R: me (lol my legs are so landi), Tracy, Teptep, Kim and Krissy
6) Awesome double rainbow after a perfect weekend getaway with your equally perfect friends.
7) Celebrated my eldest twin brothers Chase and Juju’s birthday at Nanbantei at High Street Central. SO MUCH FOOD, DECEMBER. A few weeks prior to this occasion, I also celebrate my birthday on November 24 while my youngest brother celebrates it on November 27. Then it’s my boyfriend’s turn on December 3, before my brothers who celebrate theirs on December 10. Yep, we’re all Sagittarius.
8) Wearing my Baby-G x Ke$ha watch from Time Depot.
9) Had a shoot for ETC’s Etcetera with fellow bloggers Camille and Laureen! Thanks to all those who tweeted me good stuff about it. Actually, there were even some people who thought it was going to be a weekly thing. Huu, sorry guys. I wish it were possible to just do those cutesy videos on TV and NEVER speak, lol.
10) Got sent ProStyle Fuwarie hair styling mists right after it became available here in Manila. I’ve been using this for quite a while now (check out my Beauty Must-Haves post last January 2012) and I’m so happy they’re finally here! The one who brought it to the Philippines discovered it on my blog first. :D
11) Wearing my Haute Lifestyle dress for my boyfriend’s cousin’s wedding.
12) My favorite Brooklyn Omelette from Borough in The Podium.
13) With my niece Zoe at my grandparents’ (her great grandparents’) house for Christmas Day lunch.
14) Pizza and drinks at Locale Gastropub in City Golf with my boyfriend the night before I flew to Japan.
15) My happy self after arriving at our hotel room in Fukuoka. Wearing a JEANASIS sweater which was a gift from my boyfriend from the Collect Point in Singapore.
16) My fashion bibles! (SCawaii not in picture)
17) Ippudo ramen right after dropping our stuff at the hotel.
18) Okonomiyaki in Hiroshima!
19) Floating Torii in Miyajima!
20) Got myself the Vanilla Onyx body mist from MURUA! The other two I gave to my friends as late Christmas presents.
21) Wearing new purchases! EGOIST bag, SpRay jacket, CECIL McBEE sweater
22) Ramen again! From one of the restaurants in Ramen Stadium Canal City.
23) The cutest bath stuff at Tokyu Hands at Hakata Station. <3
24) Still at Tokyu Hands. TOY CAMERA HEAVEN! I got myself a Megane Cam but I wish I had all the money in the world to buy everything, lol. And I wish I already knew that I was going to get an Instax from my boyfriend for our anniversary in January because they had a complete row just dedicated to Fuji film.
25) Spotted these luxurious-looking macarons at one of my favorite places, the food section of Hankyu department store. The packaging and the colors make them look so precious.
26) Ichigo overload. It’s not too evident in the photo but these are HUGE. And insanely expensive!
27) The Japanese have the best food presentations ever! Everything is so cute, you wouldn’t want to ruin them by digging in!
28) Added one more CANMAKE blush to my already growing collection of Japanese brand blushes. The other one I gave to Crissey as a late Christmas gift. Gave in to consumerism and got myself this limited edition Hello Kitty eyelash glue just because the packaging was too cute to resist.
29) New rings from L.CHANGE at Canal City. Unfortunately, my favorite one on the right recently got lost/stolen/IDK. :( So I’m really careful with the other rings now.
30) My last meal in Japan. :( BRING ME BACKKK
Sorry for the Instawillgoplaces delay! Anyhow, feast your eyes on plentiful food porn, travel photos and a couple of annoying photos of myself, teehee.
1) Really really really good Mac and Cheese and Truffle Pizza at one of my new favorite places to eat/hang out, Locale Gastrobar in Pasig. NOM.
2) Camwhoring in the dressing room at the Apartment 8 launch with Lissa, Camille, Patricia, Vern and Verniece.
3) Pigged out at Wildflour Café + Bakery with my boyfriend RG after a long day at The Mind Museum. Totally craving for all these right now. Can’t wait to go back!
4) MAC Ruby Woo lipstick and matching red nails! Sweater from Forever 21.
5) After getting a bangs trim and a blowdry at my usual salon. I should do this hairstyle more often…
6) Attended the Ateneo Bonfire as usual, to celebrate the 5th straight championship for the UAAP Basketball team! Boyfriend and I are both proud Ateneans :D
7) The first time I dyed my hair darker after a long time. It’s (Schwarzkopf) Igora Royal 5-65 on light brown, previously bleached hair. 7-65 for the non-bleached parts like roots. Baby steps to making the color even. It was frustrating when the color on my roots and the rest of my hair would fade differently, so my hairstylist decided to use two different colors (from the same family) then. Complex stuff.
8) BIG BANG concert! Definitely one of the highlights of 2012. <3 I made sure to schedule my flight to Hong Kong the next day and not on the day of the concert!
Went with my Juju, Calel and his girlfriend Farrah who is a huuuge K-pop fan. We both screamed our lungs out during the concert like crazy people, lol. Sadly can’t go to the DFKC but I’m still crossing my fingers for a solo SNSD concert or a possible SM Town Manila. :(
9) As soon as my friend Jee and I arrived in Hong Kong, we splurged on giant strawberries at the supermarket. Yum!
10) Hong Kong Disneyland with Jee! She bought the cutest Marie cat ears because she super loves cats, and I got myself a nice limited edition Halloween Minnie headband.
11) Benico x Hello Kitty Petit Macaron blushes in PM03 and PM04 in Sasa for about HKD99 each. Still using these blushes now, especially the purple/pink one.
12) Stocked up on some of my favorite lashes! Sasa, just come to Manila already! T_T
13) Had dinner with the family at UCC as soon as I came back to Manila! Absolutely in love with their seafood salad. Pricey but so good.
14) And yet another dinner with the family. This time at Italianni’s in Eastwood Mall. We all clearly missed each other too much. That, or we all have bottomless pits as stomachs.
15) Before I knew it, I was out of the country again! Here’s a pretty view of Jakarta.
16) Borobudur Temple!
17) Prambanan Temple!
18) The most adorable Alice in Wonderland stickers I found at a random stall in a mall in Jakarta. Alice and I have the same hair! :D
19) Japanese burger with truffle cream sauce at UMAMI in The Grove. My siblings and I also love going to this place for coffee and dessert! Try their sea salt caramel coffee. <3
20) The yummiest comfort food at Borough in The Podium with my family. Brooklyn Omelette, I love you forever.
21) Homemade paella made by my talented brother Calel!
22) Bangs! With Camille at the Apartment 8 Holiday Collection shoot.
23) My super sweet boyfriend surprised me with flowers the night before my birthday! He also baked a layered chocolate cookie dough and oreo cake which we both ate at midnight. He worked on it for 5 straight hours! Intense.
The perks of having a boyfriend who loves to cook and bake. I fail at everything related to the kitchen, lol.
24) I didn’t post this on Instagram but I just found this too cute not to share! I was taking my usual outfit photos in front of the mirror when he decided to photobomb me. :D
Pink and princess-y look while I still can. Dress is something I got in Korea a long time ago. Maybe I should schedule a trip to Seoul again this year…
25) He treated me to Wafu in Greenhills for my birthday lunch. So. Freaking. Good. I can eat Japanese food everyday.
26) Then we spent most of the night with the rest of my family at Mom and Tina’s. First time to treat all of them for my birthday instead of the usual. For the past 24 years it has always been my parents paying for everything but I wanted to give back by treating them out for dinner for once. Made me feel like an adult! :D
27) My dad surprised me with cake (which I ended up paying for also, lol) with a color scheme and design that matched the color of my top and the curls on my hair! 8D
28) Light make-up and shiny gold accents.
'Til next time! I'll probably do a separate entry for my December Instagram photos. Follow me @tgosingtian for live updates!