Almost three months overdue, but not entirely irrelevant yet! May was a special month. I went on a sponsored trip to Tokyo, thanks to EMODA, but I also stuffed myself with so much food, it’s surprising I haven’t doubled my weight yet considering my no-diet, no-exercise lazy ass lifestyle. Thanks mom for the metabolism. FOR NOW!
Also, my IG is @tgosingtian and I use Afterlight or Camera 360 for most of my photos. Will make an updated post on the photography apps that I use soon! Keep an eye out for that!
Warning, food porn ahead!
1) Fatty but awesome ramen from Mitsuyado Sei-men along Jupiter! Met up with the girls of Stores Specialists Inc (SSI) to discuss some collabs!
God, I can’t even begin to imagine what I’ll do with all my iPhone 4S cases once I upgrade to a higher model. My current iPhone still works perfectly so I’ll wait for iPhone 6 to come out, I guess!
3) Brotzeit at Shang! Thanks to my brother Calel for introducing this place to us!
4) Because I ran out of Ramune Pink a long time ago, I got myself a new one back when I was in Osaka/Kyoto. The new packaging is a touchy subject, as a lot of people prefer the old one better. Me? I’m part of the very few who prefer this one than the black/silver one with stripes. I’m very partial to black/gold.
5) My default flats nowadays. Pointy shoes have a certain sophisticated feel to them, and I love Poppy Red Shoes for making these weaved ones available for all of us girls to enjoy!
6) Because Kozui (along Tomas Morato) will always be one of my favorites EVER. I really wish they’d open more branches.
7) Paid a visit to the new Morellato in SM North Edsa and got to customize my own bracelets! I had so much fun mixing and matching a whole selection of charms.
8) Annoying selfie! I liked my make-up here so I had to. I almost never wing my eyeliner nowadays, but I used to be so addicted to this extreme style the last few months!
9) Yummy oysters at Locale Gastropub in City Golf.
10) My fave Sea Salt Caramel Latte from Umami at The Grove.
11) My first hearty (because of the bowl) not-so-hearty (because of the size) meal in Narita Airport. Most of the restaurants were already closed by the time my brother and I arrived.
12) OOTD! SLY dress, Lowrys Farm denim jacket, and INGNI headband. Not in photo: black Converse hi-tops!
13) Straight bangs and side bangs! Had pasta dinner with pretty Camille and EMODA’s Kumiko somewhere in Shibuya before the touchMe show.
14-15) OOTDs! EMODA everything. Even iPhone case.
16) My kind of accessories. GYDA bracelet, L.CHANCE rings. All from Japan!
17) Another selfie. Tried out the hair chalk / soft pastels that Glam Effect sent me. Pretty cool but super drying! I’ll stick to photoshopping ombres!
18) Burger Mac & Cheese from Torch in Greenhills! Cast iron mac and cheese served with US Angus Beef patty, OMG.
19) Thanks SNS Accessories for the love and heart rings! Chanel Pearl Drop and Emprise on my nails.
20) OOTD! Dress from PINZA Shibuya 109.
21) Another selfie! EMODA top and earrings.
22) NY Cheescake and milk tea from Subspace Coffee House in Ortigas. Rg and I love hanging out at this dainty Korean cafe! If you’re a fan of K-pop, I’m pretty sure you’ll recognize all the songs that they play here. :) Sometimes they even do latte art inspired by certain boy/girl groups!
23) Vidakush sent me these perfect knuckle rings! Simple, just the way I like my accessories.
24) That awkward moment when I started to not look like myself. My hair went back to blonde over time, and my bangs? Non-existent! Gives off a mature feel, yes?
Got a haircut soon after because my forehead felt naked and I got so conscious when I looked at the mirror and found myself looking like my age (or even older). Bangs can really add to a more youthful appearance. Can I just look 18 forever? Lol
25) Started the month with food, and ended it with food. Happy Wildflour opened in Podium recently! So near where I live <3 Tried their apple pie and latte. Both were lovely!
It takes quite a process for me to look like this.
Sometimes I would get comments like, “You’re a natural beauty!”, and flattered I may be with these types of comments, I’d always reply so honestly with something along the lines of “Oh no! I owe it all to make-up! My eyeliner and circle lenses can be seen from a mile away.” I never fail to admit I look absolutely different without make-up on, but even if it doesn’t bother me much to go out without all this (i.e. if I’m exercising or going out for a late night snack), I still like playing with make-up purely out of love for dollying myself up, more than just looking presentable to other people. <3
Make-up is my favorite complement to my outfits. I love how it makes me feel complete, even if I’m not curling my hair, piling on any accessories or wearing sky-high heels. Changing the color of my eyeshadow, the direction of my eyeliner wing, my lip color etc. can already create so much difference on my face. This is why I look different when I do my own make-up and when other people do it for events and publications. Make-up does wonders, I tell you!
I never want to pretend and say I’m not wearing any make-up in my photos and then fish for compliments about my “natural beauty”… unless I’m really not wearing any make-up. In this case, I must pat myself on the back for probably doing something good to my skin/body to fool people into thinking I’ve layers of make-up on. While I’ll never resort to anything drastic like plastic surgery, I really do make an effort to enhance my features by using a lot of products. If I wake-up and my double eyelids have temporarily disappeared, I’ll even use double eyelid tape.
Here are my favorite products as of this writing.
P.S. People react differently to products. While these might work perfectly on me, your skin might be more suited to something better!
Base: Lovefille Nude Face Veil, CANMAKE Milky Moist Base, Candy Doll Makeup Base
Nude Face Veil has the same kind of transparency and consistency as Smashbox’s primer, which I used to really initially like until I broke out like crazy some time 2-3 years ago. I use this when I feel like I won’t have time to touch up my make-up the whole day.
The Milky Moise Base is something I use on days when I just feel like going out with minimal amounts of make-up. I always pair this with my Ettusais BB Cream (picture below) because both of them are very light and perfect for that no make-up look.
Candy Doll’s Makeup Base is my default base. My foundation glides on so well after.
Foundation: Candy Doll loose powder, Ettusais BB mineral cream, Revlon PhotoReady 005 Natural Beige liquid foundation and 020 Light/Medium powder
On light make-up days, I pair the BB cream and the Candy Doll loose powder. On heavy make-up days, I pair the Revlon PhotoReady liquid foundation and the powder.
On very confused days, I use 1 layer of Revlon PhotoReady under 1 layer of Ettusais BB cream, and 1 layer of Revlon PhotoReady powder with hints of Candy Doll loose powder.
I’m actually an in-between PhotoReady 004 and 005 but it would be such a waste to have to buy two all the time so I just settled for the 005 since I get darker March-June anyway. I’m on my 3rd bottle now and I super swear by this foundation! Of course, this is all because I have dry skin. A lot of make-up artists I know and some make-up gurus on YouTube prefer the coverage of Revlon’s ColorStay line, which is more suitable for oily skin.
I used to be a faithful BB cream user until I realized how most of them made me look a little gray…? And then I discovered Ettusais BB Cream which does not have a white/gray cast at all. Plus points since it’s also available in 3 different shades compared to the usual one-color-fits-all type of thing.
Eyelids: CANMAKE Perfect Brown Eyes Palette, Majolica Majorca GD886 Jeweling Eyes Palette, tokidoki x Sephora Sandy in the City palette, Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion, Topshop gold eyeshadow, Dolly Wink gold cream eyeshadow
All very neutral colors since I fail at applying eyeshadow. Normally I would just use one color for my lids and one color to highlight my brow bone.
And yes, everything is glittery so it won’t look too obvious if I make a mistake. :)
Eyes: Garnier Light BB Eye Roll-on, Heavy Rotation blonde eyebrow mascara, Dolly Wink (otona) blonde eyebrow pencil, Dolly Wink black liquid eyeliner, Palty Glitter pencil eyeliner in black and silver, Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Neo mascara, Dolly Wink volume mascara
Most of these products I’ve already shown in my past make-up tutorials.
I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH FALSIES! I was born with typical Asian lashes that are straight and long but very sparse. Sometimes mascara alone won’t cut it so I always turn to false eyelashes to make my eyes bigger and look less sleepy.
Most of the falsies I use are Asian brands because they come in these very affordable 5-in-1 packs so I don’t have to stock individually. I also prefer ones that fan out at the ends or those with small spaces in between, something that most Japanese brands like Dolly Wink, Diamond Lash and Luminous Change all carry.
Cheeks: Candy Doll Carrot Orange blush, NARS Orgasm, Revlon matte powder blush, Candy Doll Strawberry Pink blush
Orgasm was my default blush until I outgrew my peach blush phase. Now I’m more into deep, dolly pink shades.
The Candy Doll Carrot Orange blush is my go-to summer blush. Looks great with a tan!
Lips: Lime Crime Cosmo Pop and Coquette, Revlon Color Burst Soft Nude, Revlon Super Lustrous Primrose, MAC Angel, Pink Nouveau, Freckletone, Shy Girl, Lavushca lipstick, Candy Doll Ramune Pink and Apricot Beige
I forgot to include my red lippies here, but I figured I don’t really use them often anyway! Most of my favorite lipsticks are nude, orange and pink. MAC Freckletone and Candy Doll Ramune Pink are usually my lip colors in my blog entries.
Since it would be impractical to bring all my make-up along when I go out, I normally just bring the essentials, which go into this Marc by Marc Jacobs x Sweet pouch that serves as my make-up bag.
Inside you can find: face powder + brush, liquid eyeliner, mascara, eyelash curler, 2 lipsticks, blush + brush, and eyelash glue if I know I’ll be wearing falsies for a long time. You’ll never what might happen to your lashes! I like using Candy Doll lash glue but a good alternative would be the one The Face Shop sells.
Cleansing/skincare: Shu Uemura cleansing oil, Aquamoist Collagen Moisture lotion (toner) and cream (moisturizer), Leyende Face Canvas Mango Butter moisturizer
I’m on my 3rd giant Shu Uemura cleansing oil bottle! This is the bottle I just use when I travel. I can never use anything else to remove my make-up. One giant bottle lasts me more than half a year so it’s all worth it.
If I’m not too lazy, I’d tone and moisturize after cleansing. I know I should do it everyday though. Make-up can only do so much (I am not as poreless as I seem to be, but it helps to always have a large aperture and good lighting when having your photos taken), so I take care of my skin in more natural ways since I tend to skip toning and moisturizing when I’m tired. Getting lots of sleep and drinking lots of water will always save your skin from pimples and blemishes. I’m quite lucky to have non acne-prone skin, thanks to my parents’ genes, but I still get a few little blemishes here and there whenever I forget to take care of myself.
Recently I’ve been exercising twice a week (for strength), and I’ve noticed how much better my no make-up face looks now compared to before. Sweat all the dirt out, wash your face properly, and be surprised that you actually have a natural glow.
Hair: Fuwarie hairstyling mist, Schwarzkopf Bonacure Color Save conditioner spray, Lucido-L designing whip, TRESemme hairspray, argan oil, Lucido-L designing lotion
Hair products for the hair vain. Most of these products I just use before or after I style my hair, for damage protection and for my curls to stay longer. I get OC when it comes to buying hairstyling products because I dislike the smell of most hairsprays. Good thing ProStyle and Lucido all have fruity scents!
After I went blonde, argan oil saved my hair. This bottle was just given to me by my hairstylist, but I plan to research more on where to get the best argan oil for cheap after I finish this.
Looking for haircare products specifically for blonde hair. Hit me up if you know anything!
Scents: Harajuku Lovers Baby, Clean Sweet Layer, Clean, Clean Shower Fresh, Clean Outdoor Shower Fresh
I’ve been a huge fan of CLEAN fragrances for a long time and even if I try so hard to find alternatives, I can’t. These are the only scents I can stand smelling on myself for long periods of time. Anything that’s floral, musky or fruity on my skin just tends to annoy me. It’s rather hard to find stocks of CLEAN but if you’re lucky, you can find them locally in Rustan’s. They’re also usually available in department stores abroad.
Harajuku Lovers’ Limited Edition (not the normal one) Baby perfume is the only other perfume variant I can stand. It comes with a super cute doll (which matches the rest of my pink room), serving another purpose as decoration.
I’m partial to very fresh soap-y scents that make me smell like a baby or like I just got out of the shower. What kind of perfume do you like?
So many beauty products, and I’m still not bankrupt yet? My BPI My ePrepaid MasterCard lets me budget properly since I can load whatever amount I like and I’d be forced to stop impulse buying when it runs out, especially when I’m abroad. This card works just fine in these other countries as well, just as long as they accept MasterCard.
You won’t get billed for your purchases like a credit card and you won’t have to link your card to an existing savings account like a debit card. So ideal for shopaholics who don’t like carrying lots of cash with them since you can treat your My ePrepaid MasterCard as a wallet of sorts.
Not only are the products I use only found in stores abroad like Sasa and Sephora, but they’re also sold in a lot of online stores that specialize in Asian beauty products. If online shopping was as easy as applying for a card, loading it, using it to pay, reloading it and using it over and over again, then I’m sure more people will be able to experience these products that aren’t available locally. This card also supports PayPal so just imagine all the online shopping you can do.
Interested? Click on the banner on my sidebar for more information and for application. I’ve already used mine a number of times! My recent purchase was a pair of cat eye sunglasses in time for summer. :)