Lunch dates with Crissey last February. I met some of her lovely friends (Riz and Keita) and we all had the nicest food. For some reason, Trissey’s luck is extra high every time we’re together. We never end up at a bad restaurant!
She also gave me a late Christmas gift - the Laduree keychain that I wanted since last October! We spotted it in Hong Kong but ultimately decided not to buy it because it was quite pricey and we’d rather buy macarons. Of course, Trissey being Trissey, food has to be the priority, lol. She remembered that I wanted it so badly, and had someone in Japan buy it for her. So sweet! I immediately put it on my favorite bag as soon as I arrived home that day. Hopefully, it won’t snag my clothes. :D
Merci mon amour!
Happy …th birthday, Crissey!
I purposefully left your age out because you are the perfect example of age-defying anyway. How many vials of unicorn blood have you consumed so far? Please share with us mere mortals your fountain of youth because we’d totally love to have some of that too, please? 8 years of friendship and I feel like I’m the only one drastically changing, lol why
On a serious note though, everyone around you would know that the not-so-secret secret for looking the way you do lies in your perpetually happy-go-lucky and positive disposition! Thank you for always being the bright ball of sunshine that you are.
I hope your birthday will involve lots of rainbow vomit and cute photos of corgis, among other things… like maybe a chance encounter with your future boyfriend/husband. Yii. The world needs more little (sorry) Crisseys who people like me can always count on!
The last time I did a post like this one was August? I’m a horrible blogger! I’m really starting to hate myself for not continuing a lot of stuff this year because I got so busy with my book. Promise to bring back my MOFWs this 2014. I’ll also be updating my blog with the rest of my Instagram posts in the next couple of weeks.
3 months have passed since these pictures and I’ve already forgotten I ever posted some of these on the platform, lol. This has officially transformed into a memory test because I have to remember everything again. At least I can cheat by scrolling down my Instafeed and checking all the captions one by one. This is why social media rocks.
September was one of my most stressful months of the year because I was working double-time on my book, in preparation for the October launch. It was also my hair transformation month and that time when I went to Hong Kong with Crissey!
2) Received this crazy awesome Nordstrom make-up set from Gabrielle Online Shop. I love all the neutrals on the left. I have yet to muster up the courage to use brighter colors on my eyelids haha the colors on the right remain unused for now.
3) Caramel overload with caramel macchiato and caramel belgian waffle from Starbucks!
4) That moment when I started doing Korean-style make-up because I fell in love with Stylenanda’s Park Sora.
5) The cutest, most useful camera bags for my 5D Mk II, 350D and Instax mini 7s. All gifts from Izzo Shop!
6) Thanks to Hot Mess for the top!
7) High Street Central bathroom selfie with Crissey!
8) Sorelle Accessories made me a customized necklace! I’ve always wanted one of these!
9) Ganso Shabuway with the fam bam.
10) My favorite sea salt caramel latte from Umami Hambaagu House. Also, September was also the month when I clearly became obsessed with Ngi Ngi stamps.
11) I didn’t post this on my own Instagram but I took the photo. Crissey posted it on her Instagram! Too funny not to post. Love you forevs, bb
12) The view from The Peak in Hong Kong!
13) Crissey and I went shopping at the MURUA at The One! We always ogle at Momoko Ogihara’s Instagram because we love her style so much! I am also now official LINE, Twitter and Instagram friends with Asami Kotake huhu she’s wonderful
14) OOTD time with Crissey! We didn’t plan our outfits and we ended up being all matchy matchy and couple-like. This is the power of Trissey!
15) Laduree macaron nom nom noms.
16) Limited edition leopard print boxes at Laduree. Fierce stuff.
17) A foretelling of the future! This was one of the earliest moments this year when I started drawing my brows darker and skipped the blonde eyebrow pencil and mascara.
18) Boots I got from H&M in Hong Kong. H&M Philippines, I can’t wait for you to arrive already! 2014, please come sooner!
19) After my major hair transformation. Check out all that hair. Looks monstrous.
20) The hairstylist responsible for my short haircut and red hair! Tweet Chay here!
I wish I could say I didn’t know why I looked so haggard during that time but I knew exactly why, lol. It all seems funny and trivial now but I was literally not getting any sleep as I was constantly working on my book!
21) Short, red hair inspired by Sulli’s Ceci cover! A lot of the Japanese neo-gals I follow also have dark hair now!
22) Just G’s September collection. I wore the military print jacket in an outfit post.
23) Posting because my hair looked pretty good here *smug face* lol
24) My first photo with Bailey since I cut my hair short!
25) Modeling a new SNSD x Baby-G watch from Time Depot!
26) All the CANMAKE goodies I got from the make-up tutorial I did for them and Candy magazine! The foundation and powder are winners. I brought them both with me to my US trip! I can’t be caught dead without the powder nowadays too.
27) At the Summit Media office checking the final proofs of my book! I still can’t believe it happened. Thanks to all those who supported my book! It’s been on the best sellers list for 2 consecutive months now.
28) Always feels so good to come home to this giant baby.
Sharing the newest F/W collection of Le Bunny Bleu because it is absolute shoe porn! As I often mention, I’m generally biased towards F/W collections, and this one is not an exception. The amount of holiday colors in this collection is making my fangirl heart beat so fast!
Everything is classy and perfect for everyday use, and you can even own a limited edition Winter Notebook with Crissey's work on the cover if you buy a pair any time soon. Her signature cutesy illustrations are also all over the stores so it makes shopping in Le Bunny Bleu even more enjoyable. Proud BFF moment! I'm Crissey's #1 fan… but you guys all know that already! <3
You can choose which cover to get if you buy a pair from the latest collection. My (obvious) favorite would have to be the girl with roses on her hair! Which Le Bunny Bleu girl is your favorite?
Oxfords that would look great with skater skirts!
I got these spiked zebra ones for myself!
They also recently came out with a new Le Bunny Bleu kids line! I’d totally want to wear matching shoes with my future daughter!
Perfect flats to go with your favorite skinny pants.
High boots for when the weather gets cooler in January/February!
Want the left one so bad!!! The shade of red looks delicious.
For all you pointy toe lovers!
The quintessential Trissey design. I don’t know if we can ever get over sparkly, girly bows!
Wanted to get these too but I have too many oxfords, I think D:
Hope you guys enjoyed that little tour around the Le Bunny Bleu flagship store in Shangri-la East Wing! If you haven’t seen my first post about them yet, you can check it out here. I mentioned that a lot of K-pop stars wear Le Bunny Bleu so you should definitely check the brand out if you’re a fan of K-everything! Crissey is also giving away some notebooks here.
They are having a special ONE DAY SALE tomorrow, November 23. PERFECT TIME TO SHOP FOR YOUR VERY OWN LE BUNNY BLEU SHOES! Enjoy!
Thanks to Access Travel and Tours for making this trip possible! I had so much fun that I had to split this travel diary into 2 parts, which is a pretty crazy thing because Crissey and I were just in Hong Kong for 3 days. We flew in first thing in the morning on our 1st day, and took the last flight out to Manila on our 3rd day. One of the nicest short vacations I’ve had in a long time!
Because Hong Kong’s McCafe was so fancy, we just had to try it. Crissey and I both love strawberry shortcake so we shared a slice (#TrisseyForevs) and enjoyed iced coffee before heading off to the mall for some major shopping.
Eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-ehhh Tsuen Wan. You better ring the alarm. LOL
Freaky poster at Jordan Station. We had to pass by it everyday. LIFE, WHY YOU DO THIS
Splurged at our favorite Sasa in Tsim Sha Tsui. The smaller Sasa stores get super cramped, but this one is an exception. SO MUCH SPACE
I already blogged about The One mall in my last Hong Kong post, but I can’t not drop by this place. I need to check out my favorite Japanese brands!
Spotted SNSD x Baby-G!
Miffy chocolates! Too cute to eat!
earth music&ecology finally opened in The One mall!
Usually the highlight of my trips to Hong Kong is EMODA. They had pink and white coordinates on display, which made me think that whoever dressed this mannequin up probably already knew about the S/S 14 collection beforehand!
The EMODA and MURUA stores are connected, making it so much harder to resist shopping. Crissey and I got matching MURUA tops. We dropped by MURUA twice because the current collection was too pretty.
Houndstooth love at Royal Party!
Pageboy had the cutest suspender skirts/shorts!
The most adorable onesies! Wish we had these back in Manila!
Lowry’s Farm, Jeanasis, etc. at Collect Point in Miramall, that place in between The One Mall and Miramar Shopping Center. Had the time of my life choosing cute pencil skirts for F/W!
You may have already seen me wearing this top on my Instagram before. I knew I had to get it as soon as I laid my eyes on it. Positive vibes + the year of my birth (1988)
SLY, moussy, snidel, Liz Lisa, etc. are all in Miramar Shopping Center.
snidel, why do you always have to be so perfect!
When Crissey and I shop together, it gets very dangerous.
EXO first thing in the morning!
Went to Harbour City early and took outfit shots. Wore an Aland top, Jeanasis skirt, Yesstyle sneakers, and a Proenza Schouler bag. This was also my airport outfit as we were flying back to Manila that evening.
Would wear this in a heartbeat.
Saint Laurent, I love you.
That moment when I found out Style Nanda was opening in i.t. Silvercord and I was 2 weeks too early. Talk about wrong timing!
Because Costume National is always relevant.
When in Harbour City, eat Laduree macarons! I’m so happy there’s Laduree everywhere now so you don’t have to fly all the way to Paris anymore just to get a Laduree fix.
The Laduree charms Crissey and I contemplated on buying, but they were sooo expensive we figured we might as well buy other stuff with the amount.
But these are still haunting us until now. Maybe we should’ve gotten them after all! The pink/blue and mint/lavender ones were perfect for Crissey, while I took a liking to these two darker color schemes.
Ended up spending our money on real macarons. Trissey stomachs are bottomless pits, I tell you.
One of my favorite quotes.
SLY in Harbour City!
Lucky for us, the Mari Kim exhibit was still going on! We originally planned on going to Hong Kong in August, but had to move our flight to September. We were scheduled to fly the day the airport runways got flooded by habagat. Yikes.
I wanted to go so badly to this exhibit and feared mid-September would already be too late, but thanks to the K-pop gods, it was still up when we got there!
Mari Kim’s art would be familiar if you’re a fan of 2NE1 and if you have Peripera cosmetics.
Donguri Republic! Something you shouldn’t miss if you’re into Studio Ghibli films.
Spirited Away bath house!
My Neighbor Totoro mugs.
Suddenly, Lacoste L!VE in Hong Kong! Love the snakeskin collars on the iconic Lacoste polo shirt design.
Kids section of Harbour City = every little fashionista’s dream. Here you can find Baby Dior, Burberry Kids, etc.
Hong Kong Harbour View on a gloomy day that still felt all sunshine and rainbows because I was with Crissey! (Yeees!)
I’m typing this entry out from Chicago, and even if I’m enjoying myself here, I suddenly miss Crissey and this trip we had together! We must make #TrisseyTravels2014 happen, yes?