Sharing the newest F/W collection of Le Bunny Bleu because it is absolute shoe porn! As I often mention, I’m generally biased towards F/W collections, and this one is not an exception. The amount of holiday colors in this collection is making my fangirl heart beat so fast!
Everything is classy and perfect for everyday use, and you can even own a limited edition Winter Notebook with Crissey's work on the cover if you buy a pair any time soon. Her signature cutesy illustrations are also all over the stores so it makes shopping in Le Bunny Bleu even more enjoyable. Proud BFF moment! I'm Crissey's #1 fan… but you guys all know that already! <3
You can choose which cover to get if you buy a pair from the latest collection. My (obvious) favorite would have to be the girl with roses on her hair! Which Le Bunny Bleu girl is your favorite?
Oxfords that would look great with skater skirts!
I got these spiked zebra ones for myself!
They also recently came out with a new Le Bunny Bleu kids line! I’d totally want to wear matching shoes with my future daughter!
Perfect flats to go with your favorite skinny pants.
High boots for when the weather gets cooler in January/February!
Want the left one so bad!!! The shade of red looks delicious.
For all you pointy toe lovers!
The quintessential Trissey design. I don’t know if we can ever get over sparkly, girly bows!
Wanted to get these too but I have too many oxfords, I think D:
Hope you guys enjoyed that little tour around the Le Bunny Bleu flagship store in Shangri-la East Wing! If you haven’t seen my first post about them yet, you can check it out here. I mentioned that a lot of K-pop stars wear Le Bunny Bleu so you should definitely check the brand out if you’re a fan of K-everything! Crissey is also giving away some notebooks here.
They are having a special ONE DAY SALE tomorrow, November 23. PERFECT TIME TO SHOP FOR YOUR VERY OWN LE BUNNY BLEU SHOES! Enjoy!
Thanks to Access Travel and Tours for making this trip possible! I had so much fun that I had to split this travel diary into 2 parts, which is a pretty crazy thing because Crissey and I were just in Hong Kong for 3 days. We flew in first thing in the morning on our 1st day, and took the last flight out to Manila on our 3rd day. One of the nicest short vacations I’ve had in a long time!
Because Hong Kong’s McCafe was so fancy, we just had to try it. Crissey and I both love strawberry shortcake so we shared a slice (#TrisseyForevs) and enjoyed iced coffee before heading off to the mall for some major shopping.
Eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-ehhh Tsuen Wan. You better ring the alarm. LOL
Freaky poster at Jordan Station. We had to pass by it everyday. LIFE, WHY YOU DO THIS
Splurged at our favorite Sasa in Tsim Sha Tsui. The smaller Sasa stores get super cramped, but this one is an exception. SO MUCH SPACE
I already blogged about The One mall in my last Hong Kong post, but I can’t not drop by this place. I need to check out my favorite Japanese brands!
Spotted SNSD x Baby-G!
Miffy chocolates! Too cute to eat!
earth music&ecology finally opened in The One mall!
Usually the highlight of my trips to Hong Kong is EMODA. They had pink and white coordinates on display, which made me think that whoever dressed this mannequin up probably already knew about the S/S 14 collection beforehand!
The EMODA and MURUA stores are connected, making it so much harder to resist shopping. Crissey and I got matching MURUA tops. We dropped by MURUA twice because the current collection was too pretty.
Houndstooth love at Royal Party!
Pageboy had the cutest suspender skirts/shorts!
The most adorable onesies! Wish we had these back in Manila!
Lowry’s Farm, Jeanasis, etc. at Collect Point in Miramall, that place in between The One Mall and Miramar Shopping Center. Had the time of my life choosing cute pencil skirts for F/W!
You may have already seen me wearing this top on my Instagram before. I knew I had to get it as soon as I laid my eyes on it. Positive vibes + the year of my birth (1988)
SLY, moussy, snidel, Liz Lisa, etc. are all in Miramar Shopping Center.
snidel, why do you always have to be so perfect!
When Crissey and I shop together, it gets very dangerous.
EXO first thing in the morning!
Went to Harbour City early and took outfit shots. Wore an Aland top, Jeanasis skirt, Yesstyle sneakers, and a Proenza Schouler bag. This was also my airport outfit as we were flying back to Manila that evening.
Would wear this in a heartbeat.
Saint Laurent, I love you.
That moment when I found out Style Nanda was opening in i.t. Silvercord and I was 2 weeks too early. Talk about wrong timing!
Because Costume National is always relevant.
When in Harbour City, eat Laduree macarons! I’m so happy there’s Laduree everywhere now so you don’t have to fly all the way to Paris anymore just to get a Laduree fix.
The Laduree charms Crissey and I contemplated on buying, but they were sooo expensive we figured we might as well buy other stuff with the amount.
But these are still haunting us until now. Maybe we should’ve gotten them after all! The pink/blue and mint/lavender ones were perfect for Crissey, while I took a liking to these two darker color schemes.
Ended up spending our money on real macarons. Trissey stomachs are bottomless pits, I tell you.
One of my favorite quotes.
SLY in Harbour City!
Lucky for us, the Mari Kim exhibit was still going on! We originally planned on going to Hong Kong in August, but had to move our flight to September. We were scheduled to fly the day the airport runways got flooded by habagat. Yikes.
I wanted to go so badly to this exhibit and feared mid-September would already be too late, but thanks to the K-pop gods, it was still up when we got there!
Mari Kim’s art would be familiar if you’re a fan of 2NE1 and if you have Peripera cosmetics.
Donguri Republic! Something you shouldn’t miss if you’re into Studio Ghibli films.
Spirited Away bath house!
My Neighbor Totoro mugs.
Suddenly, Lacoste L!VE in Hong Kong! Love the snakeskin collars on the iconic Lacoste polo shirt design.
Kids section of Harbour City = every little fashionista’s dream. Here you can find Baby Dior, Burberry Kids, etc.
Hong Kong Harbour View on a gloomy day that still felt all sunshine and rainbows because I was with Crissey! (Yeees!)
I’m typing this entry out from Chicago, and even if I’m enjoying myself here, I suddenly miss Crissey and this trip we had together! We must make #TrisseyTravels2014 happen, yes?
A few weeks ago, I dragged my lazy butt off to an event. Le gasp! I rarely go to these things, but it helped a lot that Crissey was invited too. Somehow during occasions like these, I’d always, ALWAYS prefer being an invisible bystander, lol. Or a silent admirer from afar.
Good thing fate brought Cheryl (of Beauty Box, in charge of K-Palette, Fuwarie and Fairydrops in the Philippines) and I together some time ago, and we instantly clicked with our mutual love for Japanese beauty products! Really owe her a lot for being one of the first people to bring in new Japanese beauty brands to the Filipino market.
With CANMAKE coming in this year, I really hope there’ll be more Japanese brands coming to Manila in the next few years.
The event was called D. Eye. Y! There were lots of DIY activities for us to do before the event proper started.
Of course, Trissey had to have an obligatory camwhoring shot first.
Then it was Furoshiki time! Furoshiki is a type of traditional Japanese wrapping cloth.
Left one is Crissey’s, right one is mine. We did the large object wrap because we got too amused with the handle concept and the cute ribbon in front!
You can try it yourself too! No need for pins and needles.
Then we also had an option to paint cherry blossoms using the bottom of a bottle.
Crissey didn’t follow instructions but produced the best painting. Obviously, she had the most awesome artistic skills. Nothing new!
Mr. Kinoshita, founder of K-Palette, thanked us for supporting the brand. Did you know that K-Palette doesn’t have a proper marketing team here in the Philippines? It was all thanks to bloggers that the word about this brand got out so fast!
I wanted to talk to him and have a photo with him but I was too shy. Nothing new!
Chief make-up artist Rina Ogata demonstrated how to use their new product - Real Lasting Mega Cute Double eyelid glue. No need for double eyelid surgery! You can just do it yourself (D. Eye. Y. GET IT?)
Basically all you have to do is apply the glue on your preferred crease, wait for the glue to become clear, then shape accordingly with the help of the eyelid stick thing that comes with the glue. So easy!
Voila! Instant crease on the model’s monolids. You can see the huge difference here as one eye was kept make-up and eyelid glue-free.
Mizuho Hakoyama, the eye model for the packaging of Real Lasting Mega Cute Double eyelid glue! She reminded me so much of my friend Keena from college.
Anyhow, I took a photo of her trendy eye make! I saw some girls in Shibuya last spring sporting the same eyeliner trick (and even spazzed about it with Camille). I tried it and it doesn’t suit my current look! Maybe if I cut my hair shorter or go for and edgier haircut and style.
She was also sporting the high blush trend! You can tell she was very Harajuku-inspired. Too bad I wasn’t able to take a photo of her super adorable outfit.
Group photo! Everyone looked perfect while my bangs decided to be ugly for this photo.
After the event. One-eyed me, and cute-as-always Crissey. So many people complimented her for her blazer! So SNSD Genie with the sailor theme!
I immediately tried using the products when I got home. I already have double eyelids, but I still use eyelid tape sometimes if I want my eyes to look deeper and more dramatic. I think these products will work better for monolids. I felt like my natural crease was fighting with the glue, so in the end, I got not-so-drastic results. Or maybe I just had high expectations, seeing how easily I can manipulate the size of my eyelids with normal eyelid tape.
The only thing eyelid tapes don’t have that these K-Palette eyelid glues have? You can’t tell if someone’s wearing this eyelid glue or not since it dries transparently. And you can also use the pink/glue type as eyelash glue and the orange/tape type as eyelid primer. Double purpose!
K-Palette Real Lasting Mega Cute Double Eyelid products are available at Beauty Bar stores for P695.
June was my back-to-reality month after all the happy cray that went down during April and May. For most people, it signaled that start of another school year. For me, it felt more like August, when all the midterms are supposed to be. Suddenly, my workload tripled and it seemed as if the previous months existed so I could prepare myself accordingly. Ugh. Just a few weeks/months before I can relax with that secret project I keep on mentioning, but in the meantime… HUSTLE!
At least I’m not 3 months late with my IG Photo Dumps anymore, though I’m well-aware that I still have 2 Kyoto posts and an MOFW Japan pending. Right now, I’m thinking if I should just merge it with my upcoming MOFW Hong Kong since I tend to buy Japanese brands there anyway. Decisions, decisions!
Anyhow, here’s a collection of photos I took back in June. Wow, I was really up and about. Little by little, as I post more IG Photo Dumps, you’ll get to see how much of a hermit I’ve become since then!
1) Late beach outing with my friends. A week later this was taken, rainy season finally arrived in the country, making it almost impossible to enjoy weekends with zero chance of rain.
2) Posted this on my Twitter, but it’s related to the beach photo. That out-of-town trip was the last trip our 7-year-old group of friends was going to have in a while. Kiks is now taking his masters in an art school in San Francisco, and he won’t be back until 2015! Woot, good luck to him!
3) New (and affordable) accessories from Just G. I haven’t been able to visit them last summer so I was surprised to see so many new designs from them!
4) What’s an IG Photo Dump without food porn? This is my favorite seafood salad from UCC. Yes, it has a ton of fried stuff in it. Makes the whole thing taste really good.
5) Selca from the mirror in Just G Megamall. Wearings INGNI top, EMODA pants, bag and necklace, and Gold Dot wedges on a busy errands day.
6) Look who I bumped into on the way out of the mall!
7) Roasted bone marrow from Village Tavern in High Street Central.
8) Another selfie. For some reason, I have so many selfies from last June and almost zero for July-August. Stress, what are you doing to meee
There is always time for annoying selfies.
9) Man, was I vain last June or what?
Wearing a cute cut-out Tracyeinny top!
10) ViVi’s popular July issue which came with a free snidel shirt. I’ve been seeing the shirt so often in Japanese street snaps that it has also become one of my favorite everyday shirts.
11) I don’t know why I look so different here, but it was a good bangs day. This was also the last proper photo of my accidental ombre which I got so tired of eventually.
Wearing an Apartment 8 halter top!
12) I visit Marufuku in Ortigas every month, it seems.
13) Trissey on Independence Day!
14) Our first meeting with the CANMAKE Philippines team at WIld Flour in Podium. L-R: Crissey, Arbee, me, Eri, Sachie and Bea.
15) Went to Caffe Bene to work and was easily tempted to get a mango crunch cake. #skinnyfatproblems
16) Darker hair color fresh from the salon. It stayed this way for about 1 1/2 weeks until it gradually faded to the lighter ash brown I’ve been sporting recently.
This is actually a mix of different levels of ash brown, since I was really set on killing the accidental ombre caused by my bleached ends. The dye used for the bleached parts were a bit darker than the one used for my roots, so it’s hard to say what exact color this is!
Visit my hairstylist Lena at Park Jun’s in Glorietta if you’re interested in this color, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be as ashy if you’ve never had your hair bleached before. Try it anyway!
17) With David and Lissa at the Aeropostale Aero Jam!
18) Dropped by Cupcakes by Sonja’s since I was in Glorietta. Shang branch, please open soon!
19) Intentionally changed the way I did my make-up and went for a simple eyes-bold lips combo for once.
20) Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen on a rainy day.
21) Thanks @houseofjelly on IG for contributing to my already-junk-filled lifestyle. Can’t say no to Nutella and green tea Crunch.
22) @polishedinthecity on IG gave me the prettiest colors! OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest and My Vampire is Buff, ZOYA Toni, Yara and Skylar.
23) Straight hair, don’t care!
24) The placement of the bread in this dish reminds me of bunny ears. This is the truffle pasta I always get in Locale!
25) Fooled around and called this my high fashion alter ego, lol. Actually, I just finished my make-up and decided to camwhore before blowdrying my hair. Check out my pretentious model squint.
26) Back to my normal self! Pink cheeks, pink lipstick and soft curls. :)
Took some time off last weekend to visit Le Bunny Bleu with Crissey. I actually already wore this brand last February 2012, when LeBunny Bleu New York contacted me to wear their shoes! Of course, being easily enticed by all things cute, I agreed without a doubt!
This time, now that they just opened in Manila, I just want to help spread the news about them as I really love the brand from the bottom of my blogger heart. It’s not hard to love them, really! Even K-pop girl groups love their shoes!
SNSD Seohyun and Sica wearing the same gold shoes during IGAB perfs, Taeyeon wearing the most adorable tiffany blue accent oxfords, 4minute Hyuna and SISTAR Dasom wearing the same oxfords in different colors, and Wonder Girls Sohee wearing yellow cap toe oxfords. (Effort lang with the collage! The things I do to prove a point.)
SNSD Sooyoung, Yoona, Sunny, KARA Gyuri, 4minute Jihyun, KARA Jiyoung, After School UEE, Kahi, Wonder Girls Yoobin, Jewelry Yewon, S.E.S. Eugene, have all worn LeBunnies too!
Because I’m a silent fan of K-pop (though you might have already seen occasional gushing on my Twitter), I also decided to get a pair of oxfords for myself and managed to convince Crissey to try oxfords for the first time. Here goes Trissey again with their matchy matchy couple items!
The flagship store opened in Shangri-la East Wing, which is so ideal for me because it’s my favorite mall/hangout. The second branch will open in Glorietta 5 soon so watch out for that if Shang is too further north.
Pretty interiors! Reminds me of the quirky cafes I was able to briefly visit in Korea years ago!
Wish they’d open a cafe inside the store!
Pink, ribbons and bunnies. You can’t get any girlier than this.
Trissey’s initial pick! Until reality hit us and made us realize that we might be too old for this, lol.
My favorite oxfords, OMG. But my size was already sold-out. UGH. Those neon soles are perfect.
Crissey’s dream shoes! Looks similar from the one I wore last year, but these ones are pastel for spring/summer.
Obligatory mirror shot of Trissey! My top coincidentally matched the interiors!
Oxford love. I was drawn to the one in the middle at first (blue being my favorite color), but opted for a bolder, more unique design in the end!
Got this mug along with my purchase! <3
They also have dainty sneakers (there is such a thing, lol)
Just because Crissey is cute and is a self-proclaimed bunny.
Met the pretty owner Zerline who was wearing statement pink + gray oxfords. Crissey and I got the brown + white version of this exact design, and we already plan to bring our Le Bunnies with us when we go to Hong Kong later this month!
If you haven’t heard, CANMAKE is finally going to be available in the Philippines some time this year. After a million years, we don’t have to hoard overseas anymore! CANMAKE coming to the Philippines has always been a dream of mine since I’ve been using their products for as long as I can remember. Time to save up in time for their opening (September, maybe!) because I’m so tempted to stock up on… well, everything.
Last weekend, 1/2 of the CANMAKE team met up with Trissey (Tricia + Crissey) for the second time to bond over coffee and good food, as well as to brainstorm about cooperating with each other. Lots of projects are lined up after the launch, and the ideas are making me impatient and immensely excited because the brand’s goals are really aligned with our goals. Let’s work together to bring a certain Japanese aesthetic to Manila in one way or another. The movement has caught on long ago in other countries (Taiwan, HK, etc.) but better late than never, right? I can only see things going forward from here.
Chief Make-up Artist Bea’s make-up stash, complete with ALL of CANMAKE’s products. Can I have this for Christmas?
Somewhere, Crissey is busy drooling over CANMAKE’s famous Cream Cheek blushes. She only has 2-3 colors left before she completes her collection!
Eye Nuance eyeshadow trios in the middle of the Powder Cheek blushes and Jewel Eyes eyeshadows. I’m almost running out of my favorite Eye Nuance (second from left) which I have been using everyday for the past couple of months!
Sachie and Yukie straight from Tokyo! I coincidentally met Sachie on my flight to Tokyo (c/o EMODA) last May. Her husband owns a store in Shinjuku, and my brother actually went there to buy some clothes.
What are the chances? Destiny much? Thanks universe for making this happen! We also joked about chalking it all up to being lucky because we have double the luck, both being dragons (Chinese Zodiac)!
Random note: Ever since ToraDora came out a few years ago, Crissey and I have also found it especially interesting that we’re tiger and dragon BFFs. And yes, I also lovingly joke about Crissey maybe being the same height as Taiga too!
(Grife Zara top, Romwe skirt, Ferreti heels, Studio Boheme x Crissey Bow Happy satchel) Hype this look on Lookbook here.
I’ve had this bag for a long time now and have used it a number of times already, but I can’t forgive myself for only being able to shoot it now. I’m so proud of my BFF Crissey for this amazing design collaboration, as it definitely put a much higher standard on customized satchel designs. The bows really made it so distinct, and I love how it’s so “Crissey” in that cute way that we all know her for.
To balance out the cuteness, I paired the satchel with a long-sleeved top and a high-waist leatherette skirt… a.k.a. my uniform. Be proud though? I’m really trying my best to add in new elements to my usual outfits, like this trendy v-neck style that seems to be all the rage now. I still get a little conscious about the neckline. Baby steps towards a more mature style…
Only proves how long I’ve been keeping my chest fully covered, lol. Conservative much!
1) Trissey (Tricia + Crissey) bonding after so long! We spent almost a whole day together - it was loads of fun, especially with the kind of silliness that is always expected from our duo. <3
2) Pat from Apartment 8 treated us to cake in the middle of shooting. Of course, with something as cute as this, you’d expect us to take photos and Instagram first before digging in!
3) Valentines-themed cupcakes at Sonja’s in Serendra! Not what I ordered (since my favorite from them is their Red Velvet) but too cute not to Instagram, lol.
4) Spent a lazy afternoon in Starbucks reading this book. Little did I know that my angkong (grandfather) would pass away the next day. It’s the first time I’m explicitly talking about it but I pretty much spent most of my February afternoons and evenings at the hospital and at his wake (even on Valentines Day), thus the lessened activity on my blog during this month. He was in and out of the hospital for heart-related problems most of 2012 as well.
As of this writing, it’s been exactly 49 days since his burial. We actually just came from the cemetery to visit him again and pay our respects. He’s in a better place now. <3
5) Quick lunch at Yabu!
6) Valentines-themed shoot with James and Ericka!
7) Heart-shaped donuts at Krispy Kreme. A ton of people commented on my IG saying that they look like heart-shaped ground meat, lol.
8) MEXX outing with blogger friends! With Lissa, Laureen and David.
9) Chocolate-covered strawberries for Valentines thanks to Pond’s!
10) Received pretty flowers from Krissy and Ericka <3
11) Flowers for my angkong, 3 days after the burial. In his mausoleum — “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness.”
12) Sweet pink hair (or wig) and make.
14) Little things! Mini Canon USB from @osgenshop on IG and mini Celine ear plug from @crownedvelvet on IG. Yes, that’s a page of ViVi with Sara Mary on it!
15) Wore this to the Young Market Masters Awards (YMMA). Simple black shift dress from Mango and bag from Forever 21.
16) Strawberry mousse!
17) Pink and white outfit in preparation for spring/summer.
18) Wearing the very popular Apartment 8 peekaboo shoulder top! So happy it got wonderful reviews from people after I wore it, as all their stocks were sold out twice, and people still want it to this day! <3
19) Suddenly, dark hair after a disaster at my previous salon! It has since then faded to my current hair color which is still a little messy, but at least I already cut all the damaged parts off!
Wearing Orly Frisky nail polish from @polishedinthecity on IG.
20) Alice in Wonderland vibes at the ob for shu uemura event at SoFA! Macarons everywhere!
21) Blue top and necklace from Forever 21, bag from Moussy (Japan), and inset skirt leggings from Yesstyle. My hair was pretty much fried at this point…
22) Met up with my best friends at The Old Spaghetti House and got this cheesy penne pasta. NOM.
23) Second time to see Crissey! <3 We were invited to a web show called Live, Love, Lolz by Tita K! But first we had dinner together, and spent the rest of our time camwhoring in a small bathroom, lol.