June was my back-to-reality month after all the happy cray that went down during April and May. For most people, it signaled that start of another school year. For me, it felt more like August, when all the midterms are supposed to be. Suddenly, my workload tripled and it seemed as if the previous months existed so I could prepare myself accordingly. Ugh. Just a few weeks/months before I can relax with that secret project I keep on mentioning, but in the meantime… HUSTLE!
At least I’m not 3 months late with my IG Photo Dumps anymore, though I’m well-aware that I still have 2 Kyoto posts and an MOFW Japan pending. Right now, I’m thinking if I should just merge it with my upcoming MOFW Hong Kong since I tend to buy Japanese brands there anyway. Decisions, decisions!
Anyhow, here’s a collection of photos I took back in June. Wow, I was really up and about. Little by little, as I post more IG Photo Dumps, you’ll get to see how much of a hermit I’ve become since then!
1) Late beach outing with my friends. A week later this was taken, rainy season finally arrived in the country, making it almost impossible to enjoy weekends with zero chance of rain.
2) Posted this on my Twitter, but it’s related to the beach photo. That out-of-town trip was the last trip our 7-year-old group of friends was going to have in a while. Kiks is now taking his masters in an art school in San Francisco, and he won’t be back until 2015! Woot, good luck to him!
3) New (and affordable) accessories from Just G. I haven’t been able to visit them last summer so I was surprised to see so many new designs from them!
4) What’s an IG Photo Dump without food porn? This is my favorite seafood salad from UCC. Yes, it has a ton of fried stuff in it. Makes the whole thing taste really good.
5) Selca from the mirror in Just G Megamall. Wearings INGNI top, EMODA pants, bag and necklace, and Gold Dot wedges on a busy errands day.
6) Look who I bumped into on the way out of the mall!
7) Roasted bone marrow from Village Tavern in High Street Central.
8) Another selfie. For some reason, I have so many selfies from last June and almost zero for July-August. Stress, what are you doing to meee
There is always time for annoying selfies.
9) Man, was I vain last June or what?
Wearing a cute cut-out Tracyeinny top!
10) ViVi’s popular July issue which came with a free snidel shirt. I’ve been seeing the shirt so often in Japanese street snaps that it has also become one of my favorite everyday shirts.
11) I don’t know why I look so different here, but it was a good bangs day. This was also the last proper photo of my accidental ombre which I got so tired of eventually.
Wearing an Apartment 8 halter top!
12) I visit Marufuku in Ortigas every month, it seems.
13) Trissey on Independence Day!
14) Our first meeting with the CANMAKE Philippines team at WIld Flour in Podium. L-R: Crissey, Arbee, me, Eri, Sachie and Bea.
15) Went to Caffe Bene to work and was easily tempted to get a mango crunch cake. #skinnyfatproblems
16) Darker hair color fresh from the salon. It stayed this way for about 1 1/2 weeks until it gradually faded to the lighter ash brown I’ve been sporting recently.
This is actually a mix of different levels of ash brown, since I was really set on killing the accidental ombre caused by my bleached ends. The dye used for the bleached parts were a bit darker than the one used for my roots, so it’s hard to say what exact color this is!
Visit my hairstylist Lena at Park Jun’s in Glorietta if you’re interested in this color, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be as ashy if you’ve never had your hair bleached before. Try it anyway!
17) With David and Lissa at the Aeropostale Aero Jam!
18) Dropped by Cupcakes by Sonja’s since I was in Glorietta. Shang branch, please open soon!
19) Intentionally changed the way I did my make-up and went for a simple eyes-bold lips combo for once.
20) Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen on a rainy day.
21) Thanks @houseofjelly on IG for contributing to my already-junk-filled lifestyle. Can’t say no to Nutella and green tea Crunch.
22) @polishedinthecity on IG gave me the prettiest colors! OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest and My Vampire is Buff, ZOYA Toni, Yara and Skylar.
23) Straight hair, don’t care!
24) The placement of the bread in this dish reminds me of bunny ears. This is the truffle pasta I always get in Locale!
25) Fooled around and called this my high fashion alter ego, lol. Actually, I just finished my make-up and decided to camwhore before blowdrying my hair. Check out my pretentious model squint.
26) Back to my normal self! Pink cheeks, pink lipstick and soft curls. :)
If you’ve been following my Instagram closely, you’ve probably already noticed how much of a foodie I am. Blame it on family habits where we bond over good food every chance we get! Dinner is one thing, but desserts (and coffee!) are always an undisputed given when it comes to capping off a long, stressful work week.
I think I got my massive sweet tooth from my mom, who was the first one to actually tell me about Cupcakes by Sonja years ago, when it opened in Serendra. Fast forward to 7 years later, and they’ve finally opened a new branch in Glorietta 2, complete with a new industrial, quirky-modern feel! Thanks to the cupcake gods for answering all our prayers. Soon to open are new stores in Shangri-la, Greenhills, Eastwood, and TriNoma. Us northerners can now join in the fun without having to brave through hours of traffic in the south!
I love them for finally updating the logo though I think I love them more for still keeping the light tiffany blue boxes for their cupcake take-outs! It was wise for them to keep some of their signature qualities, which they have always been known for. It’s not difficult to love something that tastes (and looks) so good. And not to mention, Cupcakes by Sonja was one of the first of its kind to open in Manila. I’m pretty sure they set the standards pretty high!
I was able to sit down with Sonja (pronounced son-jah, not son-yah) Ocampo herself for a quick chat when I visited the store last week, and she was so incredibly precious and inspiring! She is now officially one of my life pegs in the future. I asked her which cupcake was her favorite, and she said it would have to be the Valrhona Flourless Chocolate Cupcake as she absolutely loves classic dark chocolate!
So I took pictures of the new store to share with my readers, because I’m a little evil like that. This entry will definitely leave you craving for a cupcake. Lucky are the ones who just live near Glorietta and Serendra.
Don’t worry about me - I recently got myself 6 Red Velvet Vixens and have only finished 2 so far. 4 to go before I go back to Sonja’s to replenish my cupcake stash!
Don’t you just love the new logo?
The new Glorietta 2 store is located at the second floor bridgeway. What could be a more suitable location than this? Many people pass through this area daily, and it’d be so ideal for people to easily take home a cupcake or two before leaving the area for their homes.
This is just 1/3 of the whole cupcake display in the store. There will definitely be a perfect one for each person. Kids would love the colorful, super sweet ones, while there are also options for the older ones and those who aren’t too fond of getting intense sugar rushes!
Chocolate Surprise (P80)
Berry Delight Strawberry Cupcake (P115)
My favorite red velvets. I seriously haven’t tried anything that has beaten these ones from Sonja. <3 HEARTS ALL OVER!
Yes, I can eat this everyday and not get tired of it. (Though that’s seriously gonna be a recipe for diabetes, lol)
Open kitchen! It was so interesting to watch how they did everything!
Cute details on the walls. It’s the little details the make all the difference, as I always say!
My favorite piece of furniture in the new Sonja’s! Gradient bench! I want one!
Cupcake toppings in the most adorable jars.
Cookies and brownies are also available, not just cupcakes! This must be heaven.
There’s a menu by the counter with descriptions for each of their products. There are non-refrigerated cupcakes, refrigerated cupcakes, mini cupcakes, and other goodies.
Coffee! I got myself an iced caramel latte which was very good. I should try the hazelnut latte next time!
This chair will be the death of me! At sign!
No two chairs were the same in the store, making it such a unique sight to behold.
Vanilla Sunshine (P65). Pastel fluffy goodness that’s sure to attract many girls’ attention!
Peppermint Patty (P72). Tastes like Christmas, which is my favorite time of the year.
S’mores Tart (P88). Layers of rich dark chocolate ganache, marshmallow fluff and honey-cinnamon graham in a buttery chocolate crust, topped a freaaaaking caramelized marshmallow. (I reached my breaking point there. Too much perfection in one cupcake - I can’t deal)
Cookie Monster (P85). There is some sort of cookie dough filling inside that will make your mind blow.
Peanut Butter Nutella (P95). If you don’t love nutella, then shame on you. No, but seriously.
Pistachio Berries and Cream (P120). My latest discovery! Brown butter pistachio cupcake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream icing. Doesn’t get any better than this. <3
I am so happy they are embracing social media now! Makes it easier to share this food porn with everyone. Sorry for the major cupcake spazzing - I’ll stop now! But I really cannot wait for it to open in Shang and Ewood because that means I can go everyday, LOL!