Our family trip to Orlando was all about theme parks. 2 days Disney, 2 days Universal Studios, and it’s still wasn’t enough. Disney World would probably take you a week to complete! Sound crazy? Not really. There is some sort of adrenaline rush that comes with theme parks - the amount of fun that you’re having will make you forget about your tired feet and sleeplessness.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is one of the 4 (Yes, there are 4!) theme parks in Disney World. The whole place is inspired by the heyday of Hollywood during the ’30s and ’40s.
But really, our main purpose was STAR WARS!
Eat me, you will! If I eat the Darth Vader cookie, will my breathing start sounding like his?
Compared to Magic Kingdom, there were more teenagers and adults in Hollywood Studios. And most of them were there to fawn over the Star Wars rides and characters!
How do I spell the sound that Chewbacca makes when he’s happy?
Boba Fett! /flails
I don’t know why but as a kid I’ve always had a crush on Boba Fett.
Every spring (May-June 2014), the theme park holds a special event called “Star Wars Weekends”. They feature the 501st legion, actual (and not just cosplayers) Star Wars actors’ appearances, Jedi Training Academy classes for little kids, and some ewoks running around the theme park.
There’s also a Jedi Training Academy that happens every hour throughout the whole year!
It was actual scorching hot during our visit, but the kids didn’t seem bothered by it at all, even with their thick robes. Would love my future kid to experience this one day! My boyfriend would totally spaz because he’s a huge Star Wars geek.
The smaller kids trained on stage, while the bigger kids were situated in front. They had to learn a few moves before their skills were tested.
The smaller kids got to battle Darth Vader, while the bigger kids got to spar with Darth Maul.
I want! They should make a similar event for adults too, huhu.
Jedi Duffy! Didn’t know bears were allowed to enroll in the Jedi Training Academy.
R2D2, what did they do to you? You’re my only hope…
Enjoyed our lunch while watching the Padawan Mind Challenge. The kids had to answer some questions about the Clone Wars. The questions were actually pretty difficult!
Start them young. These kids totally knew what they were talking about!
Woot! Stormtrooper cup holder!
Dressed according to the theme park, lol. Really wanted to fit in the vintage exteriors!
Back details. A lot of people were dressed comfortably (t-shirt and shorts) so it was hard to take any good street style photos!
Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage! Was disappointed at Gaston and human!Beast, huu /dreams shattered
Spent a good 5 minutes laughing at this with my mom and my brothers, haha
I’ve never seen Ratatouille! D:
There’s no place like home.
Temporarily transported back to San Francisco. Wasn’t I just here a few days before this photo was shot…
Before dinner, we went to EPCOT to catch the fireworks. Epcot, or Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, opened during the ’80s, and is somewhat like a world fair / world showcase.
The giant sphere at the entrance of the park is called Spaceship Earth.
How Walt Disney envisioned the future. So pretty.
Guess where we ended up staying…
Starts with the letter J. Ends with N.
There was some sort of exhibit inside one of the structures. It was quite old, and actually very funny. I have no idea if they were able to confirm if certain anime characters were really based on ancient Japanese myths.
There was also a Mitsukoshi at Epcot where you can find all sorts of Japanese goodies. You can’t miss this place if you love all things Japanese. I think they were also selling food and beauty products in there!
Remind me to get a PS Vita so I can play FFX/X-2 Remaster already.
Pikachu, I choose you!
Floating Torii in Miyajima? Nope, just EPCOT!
Highlight of the day. It always feels good to conclude a long day at the theme park with fireworks.
Wish we had an extra day just for EPCOT. You can go around the world in only a few hours. PRETTY MUCH MY DREAM! When people ask me what superpower I’d love to have, I always answer with teleportation so I can go anywhere in the world in a matter of seconds.
Spaceship Earth at night. Last Disney post before I start with Universal Studios and Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I’m on a roll!
How can anyone fly to Orlando, and not go to the happiest place on earth? After the red eye flight from San Francisco to Florida, we freshened up a little (Sleep? What is sleep? Kids don’t need sleep. And jetlag only happens to adults.), and headed straight to Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
It still holds the record for the most visited theme park in the world. And boy, was it cramped in there! I got used to the smaller HK and Tokyo Disneyland theme parks where the crowds are usually more manageable, lol. Didn’t stop us from enjoying the rides though!
Disney World, serving happiness for more than 40 years now. Thank God for bringing Walt Disney to the world!
As soon as we entered, there was a parade along the Main Street! Lucky, lucky!
Alternate outfits for Mickey and Minnie. Mickey, your sneaker game…
Little Princess Jasmine waiting for the parade to finish.
Had brunch at Tomorrowland. YAAAS to retro-futurism, but I couldn’t take good photos because THERE WERE STROLLERS PARKED EVERYWHERE. All the pathways were about 50% occupied by baby strollers!
What’s wrong, Aladdin?
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE. Oops, wrong movie.
Disney couples dancing on stage! So cute.
While my parents and brothers were having coffee somewhere (We finally got to admit to ourselves that we are full-grown caffeine-dependent adults, not kids, lol), I managed to catch another parade!
Just in time for my favorite Disney movie - Beauty and the Beast!
SO MANY THINGS HAPPENING IN DISNEY WORLD, SO LITTLE TIME. One short toilet break, and you might just miss the important events. I’m so lucky I got to catch this particular parade, because the floats were beautiful! Also got to see the characters up close without having to line up for a photo.
First time to see Anna and Elsa (and Olaf)!
The Princess and the Frog. Tiana and Prince Naveen’s costumes <3
And at last I see the liiight~
Peter Pan and Wendy say hello!
Tink is not amused!
HIGHLIGHT OF THE PARADE. Ariel was everything. The float was perfect, and nothing hurt.
Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it.
The fairies from Sleeping Beauty!
Maleficent was showing back then, and with all the movie hype, it was only natural for the people to cheer when this badass steampunk dragon started breathing fire!
You don’t say!
Every little girl’s dream.
There was a store in Disney World just dedicated to these costumes! To be a young girl again…
Make your own lightsaber. More Star Wars photos in my next post!
HAGGARD. But wait, let me take an #ootd…
It was my mom’s birthday, so we went to a fancy place for dinner - Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Boardwalk. But I couldn’t remember most of it as I was pretty much dead from exhaustion/lack of sleep/jetlag, haha. This is what I get from not exercising!
Disney Hollywood Studios, Universal Studios, and a separate Wizarding World of Harry Potter post coming soon!
Flashback to my childhood. I loved everything Minnie Mouse and refused to use any pencil other than the red and white polkadot one that my mom gave me one Christmas. Until now, I still vividly remember how it looked like. There was a little Minnie figurine attached at the end, where the erasers usually go.
When I turned 18, my cake was also Minnie-themed!
I’m pretty sure we’ll see more checkered patterns next season, but I’m certainly not wearing them just because they’re currently trendy. My mom has always had a penchant for plaids and checkers, and I’m certain that she passed it on to me. Every time we’d go shopping together, she’d automatically go to either the section where all the black are, or to the section where all the plaids and checkers are. I found myself developing the same habit throughout the years.
I’ve also been very partial to sharp angles and straight lines, etc. (as mentioned here) so this pattern is expected of me and my style. Crissey is the exact opposite - she is drawn to curved lines, and this clearly reflects on her drawing style, as well as on some of her fashion choices. In a way, I guess we are what we wear.
Speaking of Crissey, fate brought us together last Sunday when we coincidentally went to the same store in the same mall at the same time. Neither of us knew each other’s whereabouts so we totally freaked out at what happened. That night, we talked about horror movies (she loves to scare herself, and I also get curious, lol) until we fell asleep. I woke up at exactly 3 AM after an immensely strange dream where I saw Crissey die as she fell into a large gap while we were going down the escalator. In an attempt to find her body, I looked down the gap only to find it pitch black. After a few minutes of mourning because I didn’t know what to do and I really thought she was gone forever, Crissey miraculously found her way back up and immediately told me, in her usual cheery tone, that she fell 21 stories… and that “OMG, Greenhills pala yung nasa baba!" I was dying (lol) of laughter when I relayed the story to my brother. That punchline I can’t even.
Also, I should mention that in my dream, while we were going down the escalator, Crissey was holding a giant squash and a broom. Stop haunting my dreams, witch (of course, the moe magical girl type) Crissey!
Sorry for the Instawillgoplaces delay! Anyhow, feast your eyes on plentiful food porn, travel photos and a couple of annoying photos of myself, teehee.
1) Really really really good Mac and Cheese and Truffle Pizza at one of my new favorite places to eat/hang out, Locale Gastrobar in Pasig. NOM.
2) Camwhoring in the dressing room at the Apartment 8 launch with Lissa, Camille, Patricia, Vern and Verniece.
3) Pigged out at Wildflour Café + Bakery with my boyfriend RG after a long day at The Mind Museum. Totally craving for all these right now. Can’t wait to go back!
4) MAC Ruby Woo lipstick and matching red nails! Sweater from Forever 21.
5) After getting a bangs trim and a blowdry at my usual salon. I should do this hairstyle more often…
6) Attended the Ateneo Bonfire as usual, to celebrate the 5th straight championship for the UAAP Basketball team! Boyfriend and I are both proud Ateneans :D
7) The first time I dyed my hair darker after a long time. It’s (Schwarzkopf) Igora Royal 5-65 on light brown, previously bleached hair. 7-65 for the non-bleached parts like roots. Baby steps to making the color even. It was frustrating when the color on my roots and the rest of my hair would fade differently, so my hairstylist decided to use two different colors (from the same family) then. Complex stuff.
8) BIG BANG concert! Definitely one of the highlights of 2012. <3 I made sure to schedule my flight to Hong Kong the next day and not on the day of the concert!
Went with my Juju, Calel and his girlfriend Farrah who is a huuuge K-pop fan. We both screamed our lungs out during the concert like crazy people, lol. Sadly can’t go to the DFKC but I’m still crossing my fingers for a solo SNSD concert or a possible SM Town Manila. :(
9) As soon as my friend Jee and I arrived in Hong Kong, we splurged on giant strawberries at the supermarket. Yum!
10) Hong Kong Disneyland with Jee! She bought the cutest Marie cat ears because she super loves cats, and I got myself a nice limited edition Halloween Minnie headband.
11) Benico x Hello Kitty Petit Macaron blushes in PM03 and PM04 in Sasa for about HKD99 each. Still using these blushes now, especially the purple/pink one.
12) Stocked up on some of my favorite lashes! Sasa, just come to Manila already! T_T
13) Had dinner with the family at UCC as soon as I came back to Manila! Absolutely in love with their seafood salad. Pricey but so good.
14) And yet another dinner with the family. This time at Italianni’s in Eastwood Mall. We all clearly missed each other too much. That, or we all have bottomless pits as stomachs.
15) Before I knew it, I was out of the country again! Here’s a pretty view of Jakarta.
16) Borobudur Temple!
17) Prambanan Temple!
18) The most adorable Alice in Wonderland stickers I found at a random stall in a mall in Jakarta. Alice and I have the same hair! :D
19) Japanese burger with truffle cream sauce at UMAMI in The Grove. My siblings and I also love going to this place for coffee and dessert! Try their sea salt caramel coffee. <3
20) The yummiest comfort food at Borough in The Podium with my family. Brooklyn Omelette, I love you forever.
21) Homemade paella made by my talented brother Calel!
22) Bangs! With Camille at the Apartment 8 Holiday Collection shoot.
23) My super sweet boyfriend surprised me with flowers the night before my birthday! He also baked a layered chocolate cookie dough and oreo cake which we both ate at midnight. He worked on it for 5 straight hours! Intense.
The perks of having a boyfriend who loves to cook and bake. I fail at everything related to the kitchen, lol.
24) I didn’t post this on Instagram but I just found this too cute not to share! I was taking my usual outfit photos in front of the mirror when he decided to photobomb me. :D
Pink and princess-y look while I still can. Dress is something I got in Korea a long time ago. Maybe I should schedule a trip to Seoul again this year…
25) He treated me to Wafu in Greenhills for my birthday lunch. So. Freaking. Good. I can eat Japanese food everyday.
26) Then we spent most of the night with the rest of my family at Mom and Tina’s. First time to treat all of them for my birthday instead of the usual. For the past 24 years it has always been my parents paying for everything but I wanted to give back by treating them out for dinner for once. Made me feel like an adult! :D
27) My dad surprised me with cake (which I ended up paying for also, lol) with a color scheme and design that matched the color of my top and the curls on my hair! 8D
28) Light make-up and shiny gold accents.
'Til next time! I'll probably do a separate entry for my December Instagram photos. Follow me @tgosingtian for live updates!
It’s the end of the week, and I’m afraid I’ll have to end My Own Fashion Week Hong Kong today. It has been so fun, being able to wear all my new purchases and feature brands from a specific country for 7 consecutive days. I started this whole concept for the heck of it, but somehow I feel so clingy every time I reach the last day of every series. I was planning on going straight to MOFW Fukuoka when I get back from my trip in Janaury, but it seems like it won’t be long until I hold another one of these things this month. :D
I’m spicing things up in my next MOFW, so please do watch out for that. If I had to give a clue about it, it will just be one word. BATIK!
Anyhow, I saved the best for last for this edition of MOFW Hong Kong. Giordano has always been one of the most trusted brands I’ve known when it comes to classics and basics. As a kid, I owned quite a number of plain v-neck and round collar tees and straight-cut denims from them. Although I somewhat eventually outgrew them as I decided to experiment more with fashion and integrate trends into my personal style, this Disney x Giordano collaboration made me think twice about my decision to let this brand go off my radar.
Houndstooth-print Mickey silhouette on a batwing hoodie with the most adorable Mickey ears attached to the hood? No one in their right mind will overlook this kind of perfection. Totes love Disney, but hats off to Giordano for this modern take on our favorite childhood character. Never thought I’d ever go the street/urban wear route, but I couldn’t help it. And you all know exactly why. <3
Too bad this collab won’t ever be released here in Manila! But this shouldn’t stop you guys from visiting the nearest Giordano. See you all again next time for another round of My Own Fashion Week! Expect the next one 2-3 weeks from now. :D