Styled this outfit to match my limited edition SNSD x Sheen watch that even comes with a special box! Definitely a must-have for K-pop fans and Korean fashion enthusiasts!
This was so timely (sorry I’m not sorry) because I’ve been obsessing over You Who Came From The Stars / My Love From The Star recently! Jun Ji Hyun has such elegant style in the series, and I love how her accessories are always on point. I just finished the last episode last night, and I’m still bawling like a baby.
Since I like to keep my accessories at a minimum, watches never fail to save the day whenever I feel my wrists are too bare. Instead of stacking so many accessories to create crazy arm parties, I prefer just sticking to one or two functional pieces that can speak volumes on their own. This shimmery, shiny Sheen watch from Casio does the job so well.
For inquiries, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Time Depot on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to know more about their selection of products and to be updated with their promos and giveaways.
Took these pictures while waiting for boarding at Kansai Airport. As with all my previous trips to Japan, this particular trip to Osaka and Kyoto felt a little too short. I could’ve used an extra day or two to travel to Kobe or something, but I guess I’ll have to wait until next time. Nonetheless, Japan was still awesome. Nothing new!
With all the traveling that I do, I’m pretty sure some of you guys are curious if I’ve ever had any airport nightmares. Luckily, I’ve never had any weird transfers or unexpected delays, or worse, missed flights. Knock on wood that these will never happen! I guess you can call me paranoid for always arriving at the airport way earlier than the preferred time. You’ll never know! Usually, the check-in counters for my flight are still closed when I get to the airport, lol.
Most people (myself included) nowadays just look at the time on their phones. But when traveling, I always make sure to have two sources. Obsessive-compulsive me is always on schedule (though if the need arises, I can always adjust and be flexible) and looking at the time on my wrist is waaay faster than having to bring out my phone from my bag or pocket.
This particular Casio Sheen watch that I brought to Japan has a face that is entirely covered with SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS. You’ll never need a lot of jewelry with this on your wrist.
You can get it here.
Kept the rest of my airport outfit simple and comfy because I had to wake up at 4 in the morning to get ready.
Stay tuned for my Osaka and Kyoto travel diaries! I’m already bound for Tokyo mid-May so I might just do a single MOFW (My Own Fashion Week) for all. Can’t wait to show you guys what I bought! So many cutesy floral stuff for a change. <3 The exchange rate is wonderful right now so I was able to get a lot of clothes for cheap. AND ALL THE GOLDEN WEEK DISCOUNTS. I die!
1) Coffee and work date with my good friend Tracy at the Caffe Bene in Eastwood. We both cannot work at our own homes because we end up being super unproductive, so we schedule dates at our favorite coffee places to motivate each other to not slack off!
2) As I uploaded these pictures for this post, I realized that I took a lot of these mirror shots last month! Some of the outfits might seem familiar from Lookbook.
3) You’ll see this stripey H&M top twice in this post.
4) What I wore to my cousin’s garden wedding at Tagaytay. Found this long dress on sale at Mango. Borrowed the clutch from my mom who I went shopping with at Miss Selfridge last Christmas.
5) One of the most effective ways to keep yourself in check is to wirte in a gratitude journal. Got this particular one at kikki.K in Singapore last year. Even if I forget to write here sometimes, I make sure that I dedicate a few minutes every day to reflect on the things I should be grateful for on my own.
6) Sukiyaki night with le boyfriend! We love to eat out, and we both love to take photos of our food. Follow him on IG: @rgabunada
7) Wearing jeans! *gasp*
8) Sashimi platter! NOM
9) One of my MOFW Fukuoka posts. Black and white is such a huge trend right now, it seems. I feel like I’m having an extended Christmas because most of my closet has always been filled with these two colors and you can see them everywhere in the mall.
10) Obligatory Bayo dressing room post. Ended up getting the pink/cream version of this top for my Bayo outfit post last January. Now that I think about it, I should’ve gotten the mint one too!
11) Outfit for a meeting. EMODA top, Just G jacket.
12) Outfit for dinner with my family at High Street Central. Zara top, dazzlin skirt.
13) RG and I have been officially together for 2 years last January 23rd! He sent me flowers first thing in the morning. How sweet. <3
14) Had our anniversary lunch at Premio The Fort, where I had this amazing olive oil poached salmon. I finished the whole thing. NOM
15) Finally got an Instax Mini too, thanks to him. He couldn’t find plain border film so he ended up buying whatever was available - this interesting rainbow gradient film that apparently so many people on IG like! I’d still prefer plain ones though. :D
16) Hiroshima Oyster set at Yabu! Not as big as the real oysters in Hiroshima (which I was fortunate enough to try last December), but still super good! They stuffed a lot of small oysters inside. NOM
17) Dyed my hair lighter last month.
Though as of this writing, my hair is about 3 inches shorter. Had to let go of all the damaged parts after so long. I had to curl my hair every time I wanted to make it look decent. So tedious! To think my hair color is high maintenance enough.
Currently looking for a new Japanese or Korean salon to do my next hair color! I’ve been going to the same one for the past 5 years that I think its time to give other salons a chance.
18) Lastly, this outfit! Can’t wear red for a few weeks/months now because of some Chinese traditions I have to follow, so we’ll finally see less of this color for now…
Since I’ve been posting a lot of red, white and black for this series of MOFW, I figured I should just continue with it and not force myself to wear something I don’t want to wear, just because all my recent posts have been looking quite similar. Maybe because it’s almost Chinese New Year (or Valentines?) that I’ve been bringing out all the reds out of my closet, or maybe it’s only another one of my strange color accent phases. Wear one color every day for a week. I think I’m one of the very few who can live with this. Shows how passionate I can be for something!
But anyway, it’s not really the red that I want to emphasize here, but my bag, which is one of my most favorite purchases during my trip to Japan! It’s from the brand EGOIST, which you might find familiar if you’re an avid reader of JELLY and SCawaii. They sell quite a lot of black and white clothes, but what sets the brand apart from other MODE brands like EMODA and MURUA is that they offer more mature and feminine silhouettes, and sexy-meets-edgy pieces. Not only do they sell clothes but also accessories, shoes and bags which are all very stylish and up-to-date with trends.
Speaking of trends, studs have been all the rage for the past couple of months, and EGOIST was there when it all started. This bag was only one of the many bags that made use of studs in their designs, but this bag was *the* winner. Don’t you think it’s genius to just put the studs on one side, and make the opposite side plain? It’s like having 2 different bags! <3 I can show the plain part of the bag if my outfit is intricate, and the studded part if my outfit is super simple.
Officially my first outfit post for 2013! Clearly I’m trying to start the year off with a more mature look that I’m quite into nowadays. Somehow I’ve been feeling my age recently, and I’ve finally realized that I can’t be all cutesy forever… after 4 years of already being 20-something. I guess I can always be young at heart, if there is any consolation? And while I still can’t see signs of aging on my face (in my ideal world, this will never even happen huhu), I might as well try to pass off as a teenager from time to time and see if I’ve still got my charms intact. Wish me luck!
Anyhow, it’s a new year again and I’m most thankful for guys who have stayed with me since the start. I’ve been a little invisible in the outside world last year, if anyone ever noticed. Part of my 2012 resolutions was to do a reality check (by constantly reminding myself with how I started and the people who helped me get to where I am now) and a life detox (in terms of toxic relationships built on the questionable things). Real life had its way with me and I traveled and traveled like the world was really going to end. So many things these eyes have seen. I learned to let go and not concern myself with things that actually aren’t so important. Gone are the days when I would sulk over a bad comment or a false rumor about myself, and the days when I would be fixated on my follower/like/hype/comment count. If you extend your horizons, the things happening to you might look surprisingly small. And they did, after *literally* putting myself out there for the world to see.