Crying deep inside because this will be the last of my Japan posts this year, and I won’t be spending Christmas in Fukuoka. I got used to it already - I could totally use some warm Ippudo and Christmas lights at Hakata Station. /tears
The good thing about it is that I can finally do the whole Christmas Eve with relatives thing again, a tradition that I also miss very much! And I’ll still be traveling with my family during the holiday break. We decided to fly to a place we haven’t visited together in 5 years - Taiwan. I’m pretty excited about it because I can’t remember much the last time I went there. I’ll make sure to properly document it this time.
Anyhow, I spent my last day in Tokyo with some Filipino bloggers who are based in Japan. They are an amazing bunch, and I wish they could adopt me so I can join their Japanese fashion escapades regularly! Even if I only met them for the first time, I felt like I knew them already because we shared so many similar interests. They made me feel like I belonged.
Harajuku sun. Don’t be fooled - the weather was horribly bipolar the time I was there. It was right in the middle of summer and autumn, and I suffered so badly from the drastic weather changes and developed a bad cold, aggravated some more by lack of sleep and the adrenaline rush from my EMODA activities.
After my touristy morning at Meiji Shrine, I met up with fellow Filipinos Ashley, Gervin, and Kiko somewhere in Harajuku. They brought their pretty friend Junko along, and it was all so wonderful and kawaii kawaii doki doki hajimemashite lol you get the point. Junko is a popular Japanese blogger, and you might recognize her if you follow some active Japanese Lookbookers! She was so sweet to drop by and meet me even if she had a lot of activities that day! Can I swap faces with her? She is absolutely gorgeous.
Ashley contacted me when I tweeted about going to Tokyo, and I’m really happy that she did because I wouldn’t have had as much fun during this trip if it weren’t for this meet-up!
Junko had to leave early but was kind enough to snap a photo of the 4 of us! Here I am with my new friends Kiko, Gervin and Ashley. Sorely missing them while I type this entry out. I now have more reasons to go back to Tokyo.
I love how we all sort of had matching outfits. Red is totally the color of the season.
We had a fun, spontaneous field trip to Koenji which is located in West Tokyo. I haven’t finished reading 1Q84 yet (I’m only a few pages in) but it’s apparently set here. As is Dare mo shiranai/Nobody Knows, a heart-wrenching movie I was able to watch in Japanese Film class back in college. Don’t watch it if you don’t want to be depressed, huhu I am scarred for life because of that movie
We got lost for a while because it was everyone’s first time here. This couple was lost too. I love the girl’s Chun-Li hair!
We stopped somewhere to check out Google Maps and to camwhore a little because we knew our time together was limited huhu
I changed to flat shoes because of all the walking we had to do! Slip-ons also from EMODA.
Shopping area near the Koenji station.
The cutest neko drawing.
The stores in the area were very quaint! Koenji is supposed to be popular for this kind of fashion, as well as for selling very good used clothing. I wasn’t able to do any shopping but it was nice to just browse through all the pretty.
Old shoes that were glued to the ground.
Kiko and Gervin (who changed to his sporty ninja-inspired look). Somewhere in this area, we found an owl cafe! Ashley was game to try it out but the rest of us were like HUU~ THEY LOOK SCARY!
Now I’m like, why was I afraid of a bird
Bike props. Of course, they have to be kawaii.
The most adorable pink bike.
Not quite summer, not quite fall.
I love the light in Japan. Achieving this quality doesn’t require any effort. Soft, natural lighting wins forever.
Floresta Nature Doughnuts. So cute it would be a shame to eat them.
The donut is looking at our lattes and secretly judging us.
With teacher Ashley! She teaches elementary school kids for work! If I had a teacher like her, no question she would be my instant fave.
Families passed by as we had our little coffee break in a corner. Noticed a lot of kids in this community.
Back in Harajuku before dinner time! My condition was so bad at this point I couldn’t think straight anymore and just wanted to go to bed and sleep. Which I did. The walk back to my hotel felt painfully longer than usual.
I wish I could go back and have more adventures with Kiko, Gervin and Ashley when I’m not sick anymore! Universe, let’s make it happen soon.
I love that all-pink outfit!
Grabbed something to eat in Shibuya before heading back to my hotel. I settled for something quick, and McDonalds was selling McPepper. I couldn’t resist. Way to make myself feel better. With fast food.
I also dropped by the BIC Camera in Shibuya to buy a gift to myself for finishing my book - a new camera! My friend Edric talked me into converting to Fujifilm.
One of the best decisions I made this year. I am so in love with my X Pro 1. It also helped that the salespeople at BIC Camera were kind enough to give me a quick tutorial, as well as tourist discounts on top of the existing promotions that they had.
The next day, I had a few hours to kill early morning before my flight back to Manila.
I went to Ginza, which is a very upscale area in Tokyo that is known for high-end shopping and luxurious everything.
The Uniqlo there is a must-visit because it is huge and beautiful.
The iconic Ginza Wako. There has always been a clock tower in this building since the late 1800s.
I went so early in the morning! There weren’t a lot of people yet.
Would’ve shopped here for my grandma if I only had enough time! She would totally love it in Ginza.
Shortly after this, I had to get my luggage back at the hotel and head to the airport. The best way to go to Haneda Airport from the city is by bus/airport limousine. I took the one in Shibuya Mark City as it was nearest to my hotel.
Last sushi meal in Japan.
Took photos in the bus because I was already missing Japan even if I haven’t left yet.
This guy should have a photo of me taking a photo of him in his camera.
Gloomy day in Shibuya.
A view I can never get tired of.
Tokyo Sky Tree from afar. I haven’t had time to visit it yet, but hopefully next year I can come back and check it out! Another place I should visit is Shimokitazawa. I’ve heard great things about it.
Must make good use of my multiple-entry visaaa. In an ideal world, I would fly to Japan 4 times a year. Once every season.
Watched Shingeki no Kyojin episode 1 and 2 again on the plane. Day made. See you again soon, Tokyo!
I’m in such a good mood today (won Best Wardrobe Blogger at the VSA last night omg thanks everyone), and I’ve nothing better than this entry to cap off a productive work week. This won’t be my last Japan entry for the year though, as I’m invited to Tokyo for the second time this year for EMODA touchMe Collection S/S 2014 with an old friend, Malaysian blogger extraordinaire Cheesie (whom I haven’t seen since this shoot back in 2011!). I’ll also be flying to the US end of October! There is ALWAYS room for more travel entries, yes?
More than the shopping part, I’m more excited to geek out and take tons of photos of the fashion show. I was initially a photographer before I crossed over to personal style blogging, and I can never, ever give it up because it’s already a huge part of me. I feel like my photography has been getting rusty recently, but traveling never fails to refresh my mind and give me new ideas. Can’t wait!
Anyhow, here’s the second part of my Kyoto trip last April. The first part consisted of a half-day tour, while this is the other half of this Kyoto-Nara 1-day tour. Already posted a separate Nara entry to avoid confusion, and well, Kyoto has a special place in my heart and I wanted to drag it on to 3 parts if it were only possible.
No picture of me in this entry because I was too caught up taking pictures and the tour didn’t allow that much free time. This is why I rarely travel with organized tour groups with fixed itineraries. :(
One of my favorite pictures in this post. The bicycles look so light and they look like they’re floating.
First stop was Nijo Castle (二条城), built by Tokugawa Ieyasu, the first shogun of the Edo Period.
REAL NIGHTINGALE FLOORS, OMG. Across the Nightingale Floor a.k.a. Lian Hearn’s first book from the Tales of the Otori triology was pretty much my favorite book way back when I was in highschool. I convinced my younger brother to read the trilogy as well so when we were told that this place had nightingale floors, we totes freaked out.
Nightingale floors are called such because they squeak if someone steps on them (thanks to a few screws), thus being an effective way to detect intruders. Only expert ninjas can probably get away with it without the floor “singing”. We were able to pass through a whole corridor with nightingale floors, and they really sounded like chirping birds.
Ninomaru Palace, the residence and office of the shogun during his visits to Kyoto.
O hai there! Thanks for posing for my picture!
A little traffic on our way to our next destination, so I managed to get a few shots from the bus window. Stalking skills level up~
Love the colors in this one. Autumn feel even if this was taken in spring.
Second visit to Kinkaku-ji (金閣寺) or Golden Pavilion, and it still looks amazeballs! I’ve always visited Kyoto around this time of the year, but I’m so curious what it would look like during fall with the autumn foliage, and during winter with all the snow.
I can easily google photos but being there is a totally different experience.
Kyoto Imperial Palace (京都御所) for the first time. This was the former residence of the Emperor of Japan until 1869, when the capital was moved to Tokyo. This place is super strict - you need to have a large tour group with you or else you can’t go in. You also cannot drift away from your group for some reason, so it was quite hard for me to take pictures.
So clean. Looks too perfect to be true.
Fine spring weather!
The most important part of the palace. Through Jomeimon Gate is the Shishinden or the Hall of State Ceremonies.
Emperors Taisho and Showa’s enthronement ceremonies were held here.
These details are everything.
Time to leave Kyoto for Nara for a while! In the background you can see those cool riverbanks where students usually hang out. Well, I’m not sure if they actually hang out here but at least they always do in manga/anime/J-dramas, lol.
Snapped this from the bus window on the way to Nara. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think this is Ninna-ji temple? Really wanted to check this place out but we only had limited time!
One day, I’ll go to Kyoto during fall. I’ll definitely make it happen because I’ve already been here twice and I still can’t get enough. I feel like there are so many places to see and temples to visit and take pictures of. I’m such a history geek and I love being able to experience passing through the exact same corridors as some of the greatest people who ever lived.
Nara tour done! You can check it out here.
Now we’re back in Kyoto! This was our last night so we decided to just check out the areas near the Kyoto Station. This one is a department store called Avanti.
First stop, RIENDA! I’m honestly not too fond of their current A/W 13 collection, but their S/S 13 collection was, imo, their best collection to date. I blogged about it here.
Reminds me of my old hair! Long and brown with bangs. On one side of the store, they were selling really pretty lingerie too but I’m partial to practical ones like strapless bandeaus, lol.
Yes, nothing can beat moussy. Blogged about this brand here.
First time I didn’t buy anything from Cecil McBee! I prefer their A/W stuff in general.
Spotted, pretty Jun Hasegawa modeling Baby-G. She cut hair super short now and she looks better than ever. Of course, I’m biased because I have short hair too, lol.
Multi-colored kicks at huge discounts! Very K-pop style! These reminded me so much of Crissey, especially the pink ones.
Long tour day ended with a wonderful dinner at Morita-Ya. It’s on the 11th floor of Isetan in Kyoto Station.
Beef that melts in your mouth! We were also seated beside a huge window with a great night view of Kyoto. Must go back. Trips to Kyoto seem to get better every time.
June was my back-to-reality month after all the happy cray that went down during April and May. For most people, it signaled that start of another school year. For me, it felt more like August, when all the midterms are supposed to be. Suddenly, my workload tripled and it seemed as if the previous months existed so I could prepare myself accordingly. Ugh. Just a few weeks/months before I can relax with that secret project I keep on mentioning, but in the meantime… HUSTLE!
At least I’m not 3 months late with my IG Photo Dumps anymore, though I’m well-aware that I still have 2 Kyoto posts and an MOFW Japan pending. Right now, I’m thinking if I should just merge it with my upcoming MOFW Hong Kong since I tend to buy Japanese brands there anyway. Decisions, decisions!
Anyhow, here’s a collection of photos I took back in June. Wow, I was really up and about. Little by little, as I post more IG Photo Dumps, you’ll get to see how much of a hermit I’ve become since then!
1) Late beach outing with my friends. A week later this was taken, rainy season finally arrived in the country, making it almost impossible to enjoy weekends with zero chance of rain.
2) Posted this on my Twitter, but it’s related to the beach photo. That out-of-town trip was the last trip our 7-year-old group of friends was going to have in a while. Kiks is now taking his masters in an art school in San Francisco, and he won’t be back until 2015! Woot, good luck to him!
3) New (and affordable) accessories from Just G. I haven’t been able to visit them last summer so I was surprised to see so many new designs from them!
4) What’s an IG Photo Dump without food porn? This is my favorite seafood salad from UCC. Yes, it has a ton of fried stuff in it. Makes the whole thing taste really good.
5) Selca from the mirror in Just G Megamall. Wearings INGNI top, EMODA pants, bag and necklace, and Gold Dot wedges on a busy errands day.
6) Look who I bumped into on the way out of the mall!
7) Roasted bone marrow from Village Tavern in High Street Central.
8) Another selfie. For some reason, I have so many selfies from last June and almost zero for July-August. Stress, what are you doing to meee
There is always time for annoying selfies.
9) Man, was I vain last June or what?
Wearing a cute cut-out Tracyeinny top!
10) ViVi’s popular July issue which came with a free snidel shirt. I’ve been seeing the shirt so often in Japanese street snaps that it has also become one of my favorite everyday shirts.
11) I don’t know why I look so different here, but it was a good bangs day. This was also the last proper photo of my accidental ombre which I got so tired of eventually.
Wearing an Apartment 8 halter top!
12) I visit Marufuku in Ortigas every month, it seems.
13) Trissey on Independence Day!
14) Our first meeting with the CANMAKE Philippines team at WIld Flour in Podium. L-R: Crissey, Arbee, me, Eri, Sachie and Bea.
15) Went to Caffe Bene to work and was easily tempted to get a mango crunch cake. #skinnyfatproblems
16) Darker hair color fresh from the salon. It stayed this way for about 1 1/2 weeks until it gradually faded to the lighter ash brown I’ve been sporting recently.
This is actually a mix of different levels of ash brown, since I was really set on killing the accidental ombre caused by my bleached ends. The dye used for the bleached parts were a bit darker than the one used for my roots, so it’s hard to say what exact color this is!
Visit my hairstylist Lena at Park Jun’s in Glorietta if you’re interested in this color, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be as ashy if you’ve never had your hair bleached before. Try it anyway!
17) With David and Lissa at the Aeropostale Aero Jam!
18) Dropped by Cupcakes by Sonja’s since I was in Glorietta. Shang branch, please open soon!
19) Intentionally changed the way I did my make-up and went for a simple eyes-bold lips combo for once.
20) Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen on a rainy day.
21) Thanks @houseofjelly on IG for contributing to my already-junk-filled lifestyle. Can’t say no to Nutella and green tea Crunch.
22) @polishedinthecity on IG gave me the prettiest colors! OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest and My Vampire is Buff, ZOYA Toni, Yara and Skylar.
23) Straight hair, don’t care!
24) The placement of the bread in this dish reminds me of bunny ears. This is the truffle pasta I always get in Locale!
25) Fooled around and called this my high fashion alter ego, lol. Actually, I just finished my make-up and decided to camwhore before blowdrying my hair. Check out my pretentious model squint.
26) Back to my normal self! Pink cheeks, pink lipstick and soft curls. :)
Almost three months overdue, but not entirely irrelevant yet! May was a special month. I went on a sponsored trip to Tokyo, thanks to EMODA, but I also stuffed myself with so much food, it’s surprising I haven’t doubled my weight yet considering my no-diet, no-exercise lazy ass lifestyle. Thanks mom for the metabolism. FOR NOW!
Also, my IG is @tgosingtian and I use Afterlight or Camera 360 for most of my photos. Will make an updated post on the photography apps that I use soon! Keep an eye out for that!
Warning, food porn ahead!
1) Fatty but awesome ramen from Mitsuyado Sei-men along Jupiter! Met up with the girls of Stores Specialists Inc (SSI) to discuss some collabs!
God, I can’t even begin to imagine what I’ll do with all my iPhone 4S cases once I upgrade to a higher model. My current iPhone still works perfectly so I’ll wait for iPhone 6 to come out, I guess!
3) Brotzeit at Shang! Thanks to my brother Calel for introducing this place to us!
4) Because I ran out of Ramune Pink a long time ago, I got myself a new one back when I was in Osaka/Kyoto. The new packaging is a touchy subject, as a lot of people prefer the old one better. Me? I’m part of the very few who prefer this one than the black/silver one with stripes. I’m very partial to black/gold.
5) My default flats nowadays. Pointy shoes have a certain sophisticated feel to them, and I love Poppy Red Shoes for making these weaved ones available for all of us girls to enjoy!
6) Because Kozui (along Tomas Morato) will always be one of my favorites EVER. I really wish they’d open more branches.
7) Paid a visit to the new Morellato in SM North Edsa and got to customize my own bracelets! I had so much fun mixing and matching a whole selection of charms.
8) Annoying selfie! I liked my make-up here so I had to. I almost never wing my eyeliner nowadays, but I used to be so addicted to this extreme style the last few months!
9) Yummy oysters at Locale Gastropub in City Golf.
10) My fave Sea Salt Caramel Latte from Umami at The Grove.
11) My first hearty (because of the bowl) not-so-hearty (because of the size) meal in Narita Airport. Most of the restaurants were already closed by the time my brother and I arrived.
12) OOTD! SLY dress, Lowrys Farm denim jacket, and INGNI headband. Not in photo: black Converse hi-tops!
13) Straight bangs and side bangs! Had pasta dinner with pretty Camille and EMODA’s Kumiko somewhere in Shibuya before the touchMe show.
14-15) OOTDs! EMODA everything. Even iPhone case.
16) My kind of accessories. GYDA bracelet, L.CHANCE rings. All from Japan!
17) Another selfie. Tried out the hair chalk / soft pastels that Glam Effect sent me. Pretty cool but super drying! I’ll stick to photoshopping ombres!
18) Burger Mac & Cheese from Torch in Greenhills! Cast iron mac and cheese served with US Angus Beef patty, OMG.
19) Thanks SNS Accessories for the love and heart rings! Chanel Pearl Drop and Emprise on my nails.
20) OOTD! Dress from PINZA Shibuya 109.
21) Another selfie! EMODA top and earrings.
22) NY Cheescake and milk tea from Subspace Coffee House in Ortigas. Rg and I love hanging out at this dainty Korean cafe! If you’re a fan of K-pop, I’m pretty sure you’ll recognize all the songs that they play here. :) Sometimes they even do latte art inspired by certain boy/girl groups!
23) Vidakush sent me these perfect knuckle rings! Simple, just the way I like my accessories.
24) That awkward moment when I started to not look like myself. My hair went back to blonde over time, and my bangs? Non-existent! Gives off a mature feel, yes?
Got a haircut soon after because my forehead felt naked and I got so conscious when I looked at the mirror and found myself looking like my age (or even older). Bangs can really add to a more youthful appearance. Can I just look 18 forever? Lol
25) Started the month with food, and ended it with food. Happy Wildflour opened in Podium recently! So near where I live <3 Tried their apple pie and latte. Both were lovely!
April was the time when I went to Osaka, Kyoto and Nara, but for some reason I didn’t really bother documenting other stuff that happened during the rest of the month. But I took a ton of pictures of food, which officially makes April my ultimate pig-out month so far. Even in Japan, I was eating like every 3 hours or so, lol.
My IG is @tgosingtian btw!
1) Obligatory selfie to start this post! What’s Instagram without annoying selfies?
2) My favorite salad from La Creperie. IT HAS EGG AND BACON. NOM
3) Nachos from Friday’s because le boyfriend loves nachos in general and could probably eat them everyday.
4) Ramen at Kichitora of Tokyo
5) Apple pie, most chocolate cake, black sesame and salted caramel ice cream!
6) I can’t remember what happened during this day but all I know is that I ordered pizza. And it was good.
7) Sleepy dog! (Follow Bailey on IG @mybebebailey)
8) Massive Hiroshima Oysters at Marufuku!
9) This was just 2 months ago when Bailey was still sooo small! Now she is 36 pounds or so!
10) Thanks to @crownedvelvet on IG for these cases!
11) Le Bunny Bleu is finally in Manila thanks to Yhansy!
12) Wonderful dinner at TWG. Spinach Fettuccini and TWG Tea Salad.
13) Macarons in all colors! At TWG
14) The most adorable nail polish, thanks to Rin of Luscious Closet (@lusciouscloset on IG)
15) My cousin Gilainne got married! <3
16) Flowers for the bridesmaids and sponsors
17) Took this picture of her right after she got ready! Blooming!
18) With her new husband Justin! Congratulations guys!
19) Touchdown Osaka!
20) Had okonomiyaki as my first meal as soon as I landed in the airport.
21) Osaka Castle!
22) Buy all the lashes in Japan! (I have a fear of running out of false lashes for some reason so I tend to splurge on a lot whenever I can)
23) Selfie! Pink cheeks and pink lips!
24) Make-up close-up.
25) Yummy beef at Morita-ya in Kyoto.
28) My last meal in Osaka, huhu.
29) Wore my Casio Sheen watch at the airport. Got it from Time Depot.
30) Thanks to Mariah of @bluedotpastries on IG for the cupcakes!
31) Went to Starbucks and the barista put this smiley on my drink! Cute!
32) My own pair from the new Keds x Taylor Swift collection! Thanks @KedsPH on IG!
33) Summer feel selfie!
34) Got these goodies from Kate Spade Saturday in Japan! Huu, I wish they’d open in other parts of Asia too. ;_;
35) WOODCEPTION! I got this iPhone case for my boyfriend somewhere in Shinsaibashi. Made from real wood! :D
If you’ve been following my Instagram closely, you’ve probably already noticed how much of a foodie I am. Blame it on family habits where we bond over good food every chance we get! Dinner is one thing, but desserts (and coffee!) are always an undisputed given when it comes to capping off a long, stressful work week.
I think I got my massive sweet tooth from my mom, who was the first one to actually tell me about Cupcakes by Sonja years ago, when it opened in Serendra. Fast forward to 7 years later, and they’ve finally opened a new branch in Glorietta 2, complete with a new industrial, quirky-modern feel! Thanks to the cupcake gods for answering all our prayers. Soon to open are new stores in Shangri-la, Greenhills, Eastwood, and TriNoma. Us northerners can now join in the fun without having to brave through hours of traffic in the south!
I love them for finally updating the logo though I think I love them more for still keeping the light tiffany blue boxes for their cupcake take-outs! It was wise for them to keep some of their signature qualities, which they have always been known for. It’s not difficult to love something that tastes (and looks) so good. And not to mention, Cupcakes by Sonja was one of the first of its kind to open in Manila. I’m pretty sure they set the standards pretty high!
I was able to sit down with Sonja (pronounced son-jah, not son-yah) Ocampo herself for a quick chat when I visited the store last week, and she was so incredibly precious and inspiring! She is now officially one of my life pegs in the future. I asked her which cupcake was her favorite, and she said it would have to be the Valrhona Flourless Chocolate Cupcake as she absolutely loves classic dark chocolate!
So I took pictures of the new store to share with my readers, because I’m a little evil like that. This entry will definitely leave you craving for a cupcake. Lucky are the ones who just live near Glorietta and Serendra.
Don’t worry about me - I recently got myself 6 Red Velvet Vixens and have only finished 2 so far. 4 to go before I go back to Sonja’s to replenish my cupcake stash!
Don’t you just love the new logo?
The new Glorietta 2 store is located at the second floor bridgeway. What could be a more suitable location than this? Many people pass through this area daily, and it’d be so ideal for people to easily take home a cupcake or two before leaving the area for their homes.
This is just 1/3 of the whole cupcake display in the store. There will definitely be a perfect one for each person. Kids would love the colorful, super sweet ones, while there are also options for the older ones and those who aren’t too fond of getting intense sugar rushes!
Chocolate Surprise (P80)
Berry Delight Strawberry Cupcake (P115)
My favorite red velvets. I seriously haven’t tried anything that has beaten these ones from Sonja. <3 HEARTS ALL OVER!
Yes, I can eat this everyday and not get tired of it. (Though that’s seriously gonna be a recipe for diabetes, lol)
Open kitchen! It was so interesting to watch how they did everything!
Cute details on the walls. It’s the little details the make all the difference, as I always say!
My favorite piece of furniture in the new Sonja’s! Gradient bench! I want one!
Cupcake toppings in the most adorable jars.
Cookies and brownies are also available, not just cupcakes! This must be heaven.
There’s a menu by the counter with descriptions for each of their products. There are non-refrigerated cupcakes, refrigerated cupcakes, mini cupcakes, and other goodies.
Coffee! I got myself an iced caramel latte which was very good. I should try the hazelnut latte next time!
This chair will be the death of me! At sign!
No two chairs were the same in the store, making it such a unique sight to behold.
Vanilla Sunshine (P65). Pastel fluffy goodness that’s sure to attract many girls’ attention!
Peppermint Patty (P72). Tastes like Christmas, which is my favorite time of the year.
S’mores Tart (P88). Layers of rich dark chocolate ganache, marshmallow fluff and honey-cinnamon graham in a buttery chocolate crust, topped a freaaaaking caramelized marshmallow. (I reached my breaking point there. Too much perfection in one cupcake - I can’t deal)
Cookie Monster (P85). There is some sort of cookie dough filling inside that will make your mind blow.
Peanut Butter Nutella (P95). If you don’t love nutella, then shame on you. No, but seriously.
Pistachio Berries and Cream (P120). My latest discovery! Brown butter pistachio cupcake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream icing. Doesn’t get any better than this. <3
I am so happy they are embracing social media now! Makes it easier to share this food porn with everyone. Sorry for the major cupcake spazzing - I’ll stop now! But I really cannot wait for it to open in Shang and Ewood because that means I can go everyday, LOL!
1) First dibs! Got these ob for shu uemura products at the intimate event they held to launch these adorable limited edition goodies.
3) Macarons at Bar Dolci.
4) Wrong Ramen at Burgos Circle, The Fort.
5) 8 scoops of this Chocolate Earthquake from Swensen’s. Shared this with my ice-cream loving friends, and finished this bowl in 5 minutes.
6) Fuss-free all-black outfit on a busy errands day! Black oversized top and leggings from Topshop.
7) One of my ESPRIT looks!
8) Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen at the new Shangri-la East Wing.
9) Finally cut my hair short! My hair was too damaged that I couldn’t go out without curling it (and further damaging it in the process) or hiding the damaged parts in a bun. Ugh. At one point, I couldn’t comb through the ends anymore so I had no choice but to cut it all off. Coincidentally, I was obsessing over long bobs for so long (thus the fluffy wig in my outfit photos last month) that the 7 or so inch cut didn’t hurt too bad.
I’m currently a new and loyal customer at Park Jun’s in Glorietta! A nice Korean girl named Lena cuts and colors my hair now. This is where I also buy my new MUCOTA (Japanese brand) shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment. So far it’s been wonderful in reviving my close-to-dying hair.
How did I achieve this hair length? I had saved photos of my girl crush Olivia Palermo’s long bob (or “lob”) on my phone! Showed it to Lena and she got it instantly. I was so happy. It was all so cathartic too.
As of this writing, it’s about 1 1/2 inches shorter, thanks to Rumiringo and Rui Kotobuki inspiration <3
10) With my brother’s girlfriend Farrah who is just the cutest girl ever! <3
11) At the Lacoste L!ve event with David and Lissa. DAVID’S JACKET, I COVET.
12) Reunited and it feels so good. Not an entirely new combination of bloggers, if you’ve been following my blog for a while now. Comment if this group looks familiar :)
13) Wearing my book print top and jelly bag from Lacoste L!ve.
14) Chanel Fatal Rouge polish thanks to I Do Nails and Chapi Green lenses from Japanese Candy. I’m always wearing pink blush and pink lipstick now. I can’t remember the last time I opted for coral or red…
15) With Kana Odawara-Evangelista (our translator), Yoshio Koiwai, Youhei Harada, Shudai Shiota, Daisuke Hashimoto, Katsuya Inagaki and Yuuga Suzuki! HAKUHODO (with TNC, Inc.) conducted an interview about lifestyle and trends among young people, and in my case, they focused more on fashion, cosmetics, travels, and the other things that I write here on my blog!
We also talked about my previous trips to Japan, and how I found out about Japanese culture and fashion. One of them ended up singing the first line to L’arc’s The Fourth Avenue Cafe when I mentioned how my older brothers have been fans for as long as I can remember.
16) Thanks to @crownedvelvet and @quirky_minds (on IG) for these iPhone cases!
17) US Ribeye and oyster teppanyaki at Akira in the new Shangri-la East Wing! Shang has always been my favorite mall ever since I was a kid, and my family often goes there for dinner or shopping. Most of the time I would bump into Crissey as well because it’s also her family’s favorite hangout!
18) Picked this baby girl up from a trusted labrador breeder outside Manila. Welcome to the Gosingtian family, baby Bailey! We had to think of a name that started with the letter B as Bailey’s parents’ names also started with the same letter. My brother’s initial suggestion was to name her Bog. Bog the dog, lol. I was like, “No way! It’s totally not a cute girl name!” :( (edit: or even a name fit for anyone or anything that is as cute as this)
So I named our first family dog Bailey. Our driver called her Billy Joe when he first thought it was a boy. Then he changed it to Billie Jean when he found out it was a girl, hahaha
Everyone’s attention is now focused on her. <3
19) Macarons at Bizu!
20) And yet another heavy dinner at Borough. Where I order the same thing. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Darn it, Brooklyn Omelette. Why do you have to be so good? My cholesterol is not pleased.
21) Just one of those lazy, minimal make-up days…
22) ONIONS. ONIONS EVERYWHERE! Had dinner with the family at Lugang in Greenhills. My dad’s choice, of course! Chinese cuisine is my least favorite but…
23) …xiao long bao is my only exception. <3
24) I keep doing this pose now. Sad attempt to show off my current nail colors and arm/finger candy at the same time, heehee
25) Bailey after one week with us. My mom has been so patient and loving with her, which I think can buy me and my siblings some time before she starts talking about grandchildren.
Of course, most of Bailey’s stuff are pink. Even her first water bowl was a cute heart-shaped pink one that she absolutely loved playing with. And you know how all labradors love water… (we eventually got her one of those water bottle dispenser things that you attach to her crate so it’s easier and a lot less messy)
26) Ended the month of March with a giant plate of sashimi. <3
Posting because it’s scorching hot this summer and everyone’s been going to the beach almost every weekend. I’m going to cheat - these were taken way back December 2012, lol. My friends and I decided to get together and go swimming before Christmas… which, when I think about now, was quite an uncommon decision. Swimming in December? How many people do that, really? :D And just in a pool too!
My friends and I regularly meet up after work hours (past 6 or 7 pm) until about midnight, but rarely have we organized anything while the sun is still out. I blame it on the ratio of morning people and night owls in the group (i.e. sometimes I would text Tracy at 3 in the morning and she’d be just as wide awake as I am!).
We haven’t really done much else except have dinner and spend hours together over coffee, ever since we graduated from college and started working. So we committed to waking up early and doing something different for a change of scenery and routine!
Rg being his normal strange self and Kim being a cutie. Like all those who go to Sta. Rosa/West Grove/Nuvali, we stopped by Starbucks for breakfast! I didn’t bother doing my make-up so I’m hiding behind my sunnies! 8D
Old souls. Or not. I thought my friends got a copy of the newspaper for the news. Until I caught them reading the day’s horoscope, hahaha
Interestingly, 3 (including me and my boyfriend) out of 9 in our group are all Sagittarius. All my siblings are Sagittarius as well. *shoots arrows*
Krissy and Drew. He’s doing the Despicable Me minions face.
Tep and Addie on their way to Yellow Cab to order pizza for lunch!
I went around Solenad 2 to take pictures. The heat was intense so I gave up after about… 2 minutes.
Everyone’s iDevices! Spot mine!
Finished ordered pizza. Off to the pool!
Ayala West Grove. We were so lucky we were the only ones there that day! We had this giant pool all to ourselves for the whole day.
Clearly trying our very best not to take cliche group shots.
Also, camwhoring time! Found a nice spot to take pictures and I couldn’t let the opportunity pass!
Tracy joined in!
And then suddenly, everyone! (My legs = so landi)
After lunch and camwhoring, we decided to exchange gifts for Christmas. Kim decided to give us these pretty Forever 21 palettes! Guess which one I got!
Teptep was so happy with the gifts I gave her! Yay!
Finally got to wear my own design for i love koi swimwear. You can wear it with the straps or without. I prefer with the straps because I don’t have enough boobage to hold the swimsuit up… T_T
Back angle because all the yummy pizza went to my abdomen area. Why can’t fat be distributed haha I wish they’d go to my butt or thighs at least!
This one is called “Slumberdoll” and obviously I made it for myself and those with similar taste and body type! Gives you a more curvy silhouette without having to show too much skin. The vertical stripes slims and elongates the torso (since I have a short torso). This particular nautical theme is now out of stock but it comes in other colors such as black x gold (which I also own and even used as a top/bodysuit), pink with white polkadots, blue with big white polkadots (one of my faves), green with small white polkadots, rusty old rose x jewel tone purple, gunmetal gray x pale purple, and teal x gold. Click here to order. :)
I’m far from having a flat stomach (thanks to my lazy ass that seems to be allergic to any kind of exercise of physical activity - I quit even before I start) so I prefer wearing high-waist bikinis and one pieces to hide all the food I eat, hohoho. Will have to find another occasion to wear my other design, “Lolita”!
After swimming it suddenly became dark! But Kim makes everything brighter as usual.
Tracy’s and Krissy’s Baby-Gs! Time Depot will be proud heehee
I played with the eyeshadow palettes and decided to do light make-up on my friends! :D
It drizzled right when we were about to leave, so we were stuck by the pool for a while. Until this double rainbow appeared after the rain! I took it as a sign of good luck for all of us this 2013. <3
After the surprisingly quick drive back to Manila, we had ramen! Everyone didn’t seem to want the day to end. Cheers to 7 or so years of friendship! <3
Happy Easter everyone!