Posting because it’s scorching hot this summer and everyone’s been going to the beach almost every weekend. I’m going to cheat - these were taken way back December 2012, lol. My friends and I decided to get together and go swimming before Christmas… which, when I think about now, was quite an uncommon decision. Swimming in December? How many people do that, really? :D And just in a pool too!
My friends and I regularly meet up after work hours (past 6 or 7 pm) until about midnight, but rarely have we organized anything while the sun is still out. I blame it on the ratio of morning people and night owls in the group (i.e. sometimes I would text Tracy at 3 in the morning and she’d be just as wide awake as I am!).
We haven’t really done much else except have dinner and spend hours together over coffee, ever since we graduated from college and started working. So we committed to waking up early and doing something different for a change of scenery and routine!
Rg being his normal strange self and Kim being a cutie. Like all those who go to Sta. Rosa/West Grove/Nuvali, we stopped by Starbucks for breakfast! I didn’t bother doing my make-up so I’m hiding behind my sunnies! 8D
Old souls. Or not. I thought my friends got a copy of the newspaper for the news. Until I caught them reading the day’s horoscope, hahaha
Interestingly, 3 (including me and my boyfriend) out of 9 in our group are all Sagittarius. All my siblings are Sagittarius as well. *shoots arrows*
Krissy and Drew. He’s doing the Despicable Me minions face.
Tep and Addie on their way to Yellow Cab to order pizza for lunch!
I went around Solenad 2 to take pictures. The heat was intense so I gave up after about… 2 minutes.
Everyone’s iDevices! Spot mine!
Finished ordered pizza. Off to the pool!
Ayala West Grove. We were so lucky we were the only ones there that day! We had this giant pool all to ourselves for the whole day.
Clearly trying our very best not to take cliche group shots.
Also, camwhoring time! Found a nice spot to take pictures and I couldn’t let the opportunity pass!
Tracy joined in!
And then suddenly, everyone! (My legs = so landi)
After lunch and camwhoring, we decided to exchange gifts for Christmas. Kim decided to give us these pretty Forever 21 palettes! Guess which one I got!
Teptep was so happy with the gifts I gave her! Yay!
Finally got to wear my own design for i love koi swimwear. You can wear it with the straps or without. I prefer with the straps because I don’t have enough boobage to hold the swimsuit up… T_T
Back angle because all the yummy pizza went to my abdomen area. Why can’t fat be distributed haha I wish they’d go to my butt or thighs at least!
This one is called “Slumberdoll” and obviously I made it for myself and those with similar taste and body type! Gives you a more curvy silhouette without having to show too much skin. The vertical stripes slims and elongates the torso (since I have a short torso). This particular nautical theme is now out of stock but it comes in other colors such as black x gold (which I also own and even used as a top/bodysuit), pink with white polkadots, blue with big white polkadots (one of my faves), green with small white polkadots, rusty old rose x jewel tone purple, gunmetal gray x pale purple, and teal x gold. Click here to order. :)
I’m far from having a flat stomach (thanks to my lazy ass that seems to be allergic to any kind of exercise of physical activity - I quit even before I start) so I prefer wearing high-waist bikinis and one pieces to hide all the food I eat, hohoho. Will have to find another occasion to wear my other design, “Lolita”!
After swimming it suddenly became dark! But Kim makes everything brighter as usual.
Tracy’s and Krissy’s Baby-Gs! Time Depot will be proud heehee
I played with the eyeshadow palettes and decided to do light make-up on my friends! :D
It drizzled right when we were about to leave, so we were stuck by the pool for a while. Until this double rainbow appeared after the rain! I took it as a sign of good luck for all of us this 2013. <3
After the surprisingly quick drive back to Manila, we had ramen! Everyone didn’t seem to want the day to end. Cheers to 7 or so years of friendship! <3
Happy Easter everyone!
1) Celebrated my boyfriend RG’s birthday at Draft in Rockwell! Had this yummy meal all to myself while he ordered a scrumptious burger. NOM
2) Salmon sashimi at Marufuku in Ortigas.
3) Macarons at Chez Karine in Serendra.
5) Squinty eyes and pretty plants on a very sunny day. L-R: me (lol my legs are so landi), Tracy, Teptep, Kim and Krissy
6) Awesome double rainbow after a perfect weekend getaway with your equally perfect friends.
7) Celebrated my eldest twin brothers Chase and Juju’s birthday at Nanbantei at High Street Central. SO MUCH FOOD, DECEMBER. A few weeks prior to this occasion, I also celebrate my birthday on November 24 while my youngest brother celebrates it on November 27. Then it’s my boyfriend’s turn on December 3, before my brothers who celebrate theirs on December 10. Yep, we’re all Sagittarius.
8) Wearing my Baby-G x Ke$ha watch from Time Depot.
9) Had a shoot for ETC’s Etcetera with fellow bloggers Camille and Laureen! Thanks to all those who tweeted me good stuff about it. Actually, there were even some people who thought it was going to be a weekly thing. Huu, sorry guys. I wish it were possible to just do those cutesy videos on TV and NEVER speak, lol.
10) Got sent ProStyle Fuwarie hair styling mists right after it became available here in Manila. I’ve been using this for quite a while now (check out my Beauty Must-Haves post last January 2012) and I’m so happy they’re finally here! The one who brought it to the Philippines discovered it on my blog first. :D
11) Wearing my Haute Lifestyle dress for my boyfriend’s cousin’s wedding.
12) My favorite Brooklyn Omelette from Borough in The Podium.
13) With my niece Zoe at my grandparents’ (her great grandparents’) house for Christmas Day lunch.
14) Pizza and drinks at Locale Gastropub in City Golf with my boyfriend the night before I flew to Japan.
15) My happy self after arriving at our hotel room in Fukuoka. Wearing a JEANASIS sweater which was a gift from my boyfriend from the Collect Point in Singapore.
16) My fashion bibles! (SCawaii not in picture)
17) Ippudo ramen right after dropping our stuff at the hotel.
18) Okonomiyaki in Hiroshima!
19) Floating Torii in Miyajima!
20) Got myself the Vanilla Onyx body mist from MURUA! The other two I gave to my friends as late Christmas presents.
21) Wearing new purchases! EGOIST bag, SpRay jacket, CECIL McBEE sweater
22) Ramen again! From one of the restaurants in Ramen Stadium Canal City.
23) The cutest bath stuff at Tokyu Hands at Hakata Station. <3
24) Still at Tokyu Hands. TOY CAMERA HEAVEN! I got myself a Megane Cam but I wish I had all the money in the world to buy everything, lol. And I wish I already knew that I was going to get an Instax from my boyfriend for our anniversary in January because they had a complete row just dedicated to Fuji film.
25) Spotted these luxurious-looking macarons at one of my favorite places, the food section of Hankyu department store. The packaging and the colors make them look so precious.
26) Ichigo overload. It’s not too evident in the photo but these are HUGE. And insanely expensive!
27) The Japanese have the best food presentations ever! Everything is so cute, you wouldn’t want to ruin them by digging in!
28) Added one more CANMAKE blush to my already growing collection of Japanese brand blushes. The other one I gave to Crissey as a late Christmas gift. Gave in to consumerism and got myself this limited edition Hello Kitty eyelash glue just because the packaging was too cute to resist.
29) New rings from L.CHANGE at Canal City. Unfortunately, my favorite one on the right recently got lost/stolen/IDK. :( So I’m really careful with the other rings now.
30) My last meal in Japan. :( BRING ME BACKKK
While having lunch with Crissey (who gave me these adorable Tous Les Jour macarons) at La Creperie, I brought out one of my digital toy cameras for us to play with. In the end, iPhone quality is still a million times better, but once in a while it’s overly fun to do that lomo concept where you don’t get to see the pictures until you have the film developed, or in this case, until you plug the camera into your computer. This kind of photo quality reminds me of my old Kodak Easyshare from way back 2004. But at least that camera had a viewfinder, haha. Suddenly I’m extra grateful for that.
SO I’m trying to get back into the habit of taking pictures of things other than fashion. Thankfully iPhoneography and Instagram have been constant reminders. I started my Internet presence doing something similar to this post, and I never want to let go. Just very spontaneous and candid. Nothing too contrived. It is so easy to continue with what’s popular or what sells the most, but it feels absolutely horrible when you realize that you’re losing a little bit of yourself along the way. I will not lose this personal side of my blog ever (again). I will remain steadfast.
1. Got gel nail polish in time for my Melbourne trip. I had these done at Indigo Salon, the same salon where I have my hair done. This here is Orly GelFX in First Kiss.
2) Couldn’t help but take a picture of my Baby G Sunny (red) and Jessica (white + silver) watches beside my old Yoona (white + gold) watch from Time Depot. Speaking of SNSD, I still haven’t gotten tickets to the concert on January yet! A bit torn on what tickets to get because it’s not a solo concert! I still wish I could get an all-access photographer pass though.
I watched BIG BANG two weeks ago and I regret not getting the best tickets! NEXT TIME
3) Wise words from… well, the back of one of the cubicles in the female restroom at the NAIA2 airport.
4) One of my Melbourne outfits - JEANASIS coat, Romwe top, Forever 21 skirt, H&M flats. Opted for flats because I had a lot of walking to do!
5) Wonderful latte art at Famish’d, a little salad bar along Little Collins. Coffee in Melbourne is serious business.
6) THE BEST CHEESE STICKS IN THE WORLD! Pie Face, I miss you already.
7) Annoyingly shiny shoes with my Motel Rocks printed pants and H&M maroon sweater.
8) Drew, Tracy, Kiks, Kim, Tep and Adi. I’ve got the silliest best friends! One day, at Fully Booked, they grabbed a copy of the magazine I was on, and asked all the salespeople if they recognized me from the cover trolololol
Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported us last September! I wouldn’t have been on the cover if it weren’t for the people behind the magazine and the people who continually read my blog even after all these years!
10) Matchy matchy nails with the blue on my pants. This one is from Tony Moly.
11) Glittery sweater from H&M, floral print pants from Romwe, necklace from EMODA, overused bag from Mango (it’s my default travel bag).
12) Eat all the Japanese food! Lunch date with my boyfriend at Omakase. I swear I can eat Japanese food everyday, if it weren’t too expensive.
13) Beauty Bar Dashing Diva nails in Diamond District. If you’ve noticed, I change my nail polish very often. It’s one of my very quiet obsessions - 4 days is my limit when it comes to giving my nails a rest from all the nail polish. I need to have color on my nails! Nails would probably be the last thing people would notice in my pictures, but it’s something like earrings which I feel naked without.
No amount of fame or fortune can replace friends you can keep forever.
Everyone’s just so incredibly kind, talented and gorgeous. Too amazing.
September 16, 2010. Dinner with awesome friends.
with THE tumblr superstars at manila design week 2010 day 3! @triciagosingtian @saabmagalona . we were talking about tricia, she is such a tumblr superstar, she tumbles all cute things and even if she just tumbles about her eye color for the day, she gets an average of 500 likes! wow diba! i dont have to say this even, im sure you are already a follower! hehe. i dont have to say anything about saab, im sure youre a her follower na din haha! can i just say, ang hirap magpa picture sa dalawang to, kasi everyone wanted a photo with them haha, si ryan natulak pa daw ng avid fans hahahaha
@Garovs: But I don’t even have 1% of your cuteness <3
With Domz at the SuperSale Bazaar at The Grove. <3
Trissey. <3 We wore the same shorts today without planning it.
LOL @ height difference. ILU CRISSEY.