The last time I did a post like this one was August? I’m a horrible blogger! I’m really starting to hate myself for not continuing a lot of stuff this year because I got so busy with my book. Promise to bring back my MOFWs this 2014. I’ll also be updating my blog with the rest of my Instagram posts in the next couple of weeks.
3 months have passed since these pictures and I’ve already forgotten I ever posted some of these on the platform, lol. This has officially transformed into a memory test because I have to remember everything again. At least I can cheat by scrolling down my Instafeed and checking all the captions one by one. This is why social media rocks.
September was one of my most stressful months of the year because I was working double-time on my book, in preparation for the October launch. It was also my hair transformation month and that time when I went to Hong Kong with Crissey!
2) Received this crazy awesome Nordstrom make-up set from Gabrielle Online Shop. I love all the neutrals on the left. I have yet to muster up the courage to use brighter colors on my eyelids haha the colors on the right remain unused for now.
3) Caramel overload with caramel macchiato and caramel belgian waffle from Starbucks!
4) That moment when I started doing Korean-style make-up because I fell in love with Stylenanda’s Park Sora.
5) The cutest, most useful camera bags for my 5D Mk II, 350D and Instax mini 7s. All gifts from Izzo Shop!
6) Thanks to Hot Mess for the top!
7) High Street Central bathroom selfie with Crissey!
8) Sorelle Accessories made me a customized necklace! I’ve always wanted one of these!
9) Ganso Shabuway with the fam bam.
10) My favorite sea salt caramel latte from Umami Hambaagu House. Also, September was also the month when I clearly became obsessed with Ngi Ngi stamps.
11) I didn’t post this on my own Instagram but I took the photo. Crissey posted it on her Instagram! Too funny not to post. Love you forevs, bb
12) The view from The Peak in Hong Kong!
13) Crissey and I went shopping at the MURUA at The One! We always ogle at Momoko Ogihara’s Instagram because we love her style so much! I am also now official LINE, Twitter and Instagram friends with Asami Kotake huhu she’s wonderful
14) OOTD time with Crissey! We didn’t plan our outfits and we ended up being all matchy matchy and couple-like. This is the power of Trissey!
15) Laduree macaron nom nom noms.
16) Limited edition leopard print boxes at Laduree. Fierce stuff.
17) A foretelling of the future! This was one of the earliest moments this year when I started drawing my brows darker and skipped the blonde eyebrow pencil and mascara.
18) Boots I got from H&M in Hong Kong. H&M Philippines, I can’t wait for you to arrive already! 2014, please come sooner!
19) After my major hair transformation. Check out all that hair. Looks monstrous.
20) The hairstylist responsible for my short haircut and red hair! Tweet Chay here!
I wish I could say I didn’t know why I looked so haggard during that time but I knew exactly why, lol. It all seems funny and trivial now but I was literally not getting any sleep as I was constantly working on my book!
21) Short, red hair inspired by Sulli’s Ceci cover! A lot of the Japanese neo-gals I follow also have dark hair now!
22) Just G’s September collection. I wore the military print jacket in an outfit post.
23) Posting because my hair looked pretty good here *smug face* lol
24) My first photo with Bailey since I cut my hair short!
25) Modeling a new SNSD x Baby-G watch from Time Depot!
26) All the CANMAKE goodies I got from the make-up tutorial I did for them and Candy magazine! The foundation and powder are winners. I brought them both with me to my US trip! I can’t be caught dead without the powder nowadays too.
27) At the Summit Media office checking the final proofs of my book! I still can’t believe it happened. Thanks to all those who supported my book! It’s been on the best sellers list for 2 consecutive months now.
28) Always feels so good to come home to this giant baby.
June was my back-to-reality month after all the happy cray that went down during April and May. For most people, it signaled that start of another school year. For me, it felt more like August, when all the midterms are supposed to be. Suddenly, my workload tripled and it seemed as if the previous months existed so I could prepare myself accordingly. Ugh. Just a few weeks/months before I can relax with that secret project I keep on mentioning, but in the meantime… HUSTLE!
At least I’m not 3 months late with my IG Photo Dumps anymore, though I’m well-aware that I still have 2 Kyoto posts and an MOFW Japan pending. Right now, I’m thinking if I should just merge it with my upcoming MOFW Hong Kong since I tend to buy Japanese brands there anyway. Decisions, decisions!
Anyhow, here’s a collection of photos I took back in June. Wow, I was really up and about. Little by little, as I post more IG Photo Dumps, you’ll get to see how much of a hermit I’ve become since then!
1) Late beach outing with my friends. A week later this was taken, rainy season finally arrived in the country, making it almost impossible to enjoy weekends with zero chance of rain.
2) Posted this on my Twitter, but it’s related to the beach photo. That out-of-town trip was the last trip our 7-year-old group of friends was going to have in a while. Kiks is now taking his masters in an art school in San Francisco, and he won’t be back until 2015! Woot, good luck to him!
3) New (and affordable) accessories from Just G. I haven’t been able to visit them last summer so I was surprised to see so many new designs from them!
4) What’s an IG Photo Dump without food porn? This is my favorite seafood salad from UCC. Yes, it has a ton of fried stuff in it. Makes the whole thing taste really good.
5) Selca from the mirror in Just G Megamall. Wearings INGNI top, EMODA pants, bag and necklace, and Gold Dot wedges on a busy errands day.
6) Look who I bumped into on the way out of the mall!
7) Roasted bone marrow from Village Tavern in High Street Central.
8) Another selfie. For some reason, I have so many selfies from last June and almost zero for July-August. Stress, what are you doing to meee
There is always time for annoying selfies.
9) Man, was I vain last June or what?
Wearing a cute cut-out Tracyeinny top!
10) ViVi’s popular July issue which came with a free snidel shirt. I’ve been seeing the shirt so often in Japanese street snaps that it has also become one of my favorite everyday shirts.
11) I don’t know why I look so different here, but it was a good bangs day. This was also the last proper photo of my accidental ombre which I got so tired of eventually.
Wearing an Apartment 8 halter top!
12) I visit Marufuku in Ortigas every month, it seems.
13) Trissey on Independence Day!
14) Our first meeting with the CANMAKE Philippines team at WIld Flour in Podium. L-R: Crissey, Arbee, me, Eri, Sachie and Bea.
15) Went to Caffe Bene to work and was easily tempted to get a mango crunch cake. #skinnyfatproblems
16) Darker hair color fresh from the salon. It stayed this way for about 1 1/2 weeks until it gradually faded to the lighter ash brown I’ve been sporting recently.
This is actually a mix of different levels of ash brown, since I was really set on killing the accidental ombre caused by my bleached ends. The dye used for the bleached parts were a bit darker than the one used for my roots, so it’s hard to say what exact color this is!
Visit my hairstylist Lena at Park Jun’s in Glorietta if you’re interested in this color, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be as ashy if you’ve never had your hair bleached before. Try it anyway!
17) With David and Lissa at the Aeropostale Aero Jam!
18) Dropped by Cupcakes by Sonja’s since I was in Glorietta. Shang branch, please open soon!
19) Intentionally changed the way I did my make-up and went for a simple eyes-bold lips combo for once.
20) Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen on a rainy day.
21) Thanks @houseofjelly on IG for contributing to my already-junk-filled lifestyle. Can’t say no to Nutella and green tea Crunch.
22) @polishedinthecity on IG gave me the prettiest colors! OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest and My Vampire is Buff, ZOYA Toni, Yara and Skylar.
23) Straight hair, don’t care!
24) The placement of the bread in this dish reminds me of bunny ears. This is the truffle pasta I always get in Locale!
25) Fooled around and called this my high fashion alter ego, lol. Actually, I just finished my make-up and decided to camwhore before blowdrying my hair. Check out my pretentious model squint.
26) Back to my normal self! Pink cheeks, pink lipstick and soft curls. :)
Almost three months overdue, but not entirely irrelevant yet! May was a special month. I went on a sponsored trip to Tokyo, thanks to EMODA, but I also stuffed myself with so much food, it’s surprising I haven’t doubled my weight yet considering my no-diet, no-exercise lazy ass lifestyle. Thanks mom for the metabolism. FOR NOW!
Also, my IG is @tgosingtian and I use Afterlight or Camera 360 for most of my photos. Will make an updated post on the photography apps that I use soon! Keep an eye out for that!
Warning, food porn ahead!
1) Fatty but awesome ramen from Mitsuyado Sei-men along Jupiter! Met up with the girls of Stores Specialists Inc (SSI) to discuss some collabs!
God, I can’t even begin to imagine what I’ll do with all my iPhone 4S cases once I upgrade to a higher model. My current iPhone still works perfectly so I’ll wait for iPhone 6 to come out, I guess!
3) Brotzeit at Shang! Thanks to my brother Calel for introducing this place to us!
4) Because I ran out of Ramune Pink a long time ago, I got myself a new one back when I was in Osaka/Kyoto. The new packaging is a touchy subject, as a lot of people prefer the old one better. Me? I’m part of the very few who prefer this one than the black/silver one with stripes. I’m very partial to black/gold.
5) My default flats nowadays. Pointy shoes have a certain sophisticated feel to them, and I love Poppy Red Shoes for making these weaved ones available for all of us girls to enjoy!
6) Because Kozui (along Tomas Morato) will always be one of my favorites EVER. I really wish they’d open more branches.
7) Paid a visit to the new Morellato in SM North Edsa and got to customize my own bracelets! I had so much fun mixing and matching a whole selection of charms.
8) Annoying selfie! I liked my make-up here so I had to. I almost never wing my eyeliner nowadays, but I used to be so addicted to this extreme style the last few months!
9) Yummy oysters at Locale Gastropub in City Golf.
10) My fave Sea Salt Caramel Latte from Umami at The Grove.
11) My first hearty (because of the bowl) not-so-hearty (because of the size) meal in Narita Airport. Most of the restaurants were already closed by the time my brother and I arrived.
12) OOTD! SLY dress, Lowrys Farm denim jacket, and INGNI headband. Not in photo: black Converse hi-tops!
13) Straight bangs and side bangs! Had pasta dinner with pretty Camille and EMODA’s Kumiko somewhere in Shibuya before the touchMe show.
14-15) OOTDs! EMODA everything. Even iPhone case.
16) My kind of accessories. GYDA bracelet, L.CHANCE rings. All from Japan!
17) Another selfie. Tried out the hair chalk / soft pastels that Glam Effect sent me. Pretty cool but super drying! I’ll stick to photoshopping ombres!
18) Burger Mac & Cheese from Torch in Greenhills! Cast iron mac and cheese served with US Angus Beef patty, OMG.
19) Thanks SNS Accessories for the love and heart rings! Chanel Pearl Drop and Emprise on my nails.
20) OOTD! Dress from PINZA Shibuya 109.
21) Another selfie! EMODA top and earrings.
22) NY Cheescake and milk tea from Subspace Coffee House in Ortigas. Rg and I love hanging out at this dainty Korean cafe! If you’re a fan of K-pop, I’m pretty sure you’ll recognize all the songs that they play here. :) Sometimes they even do latte art inspired by certain boy/girl groups!
23) Vidakush sent me these perfect knuckle rings! Simple, just the way I like my accessories.
24) That awkward moment when I started to not look like myself. My hair went back to blonde over time, and my bangs? Non-existent! Gives off a mature feel, yes?
Got a haircut soon after because my forehead felt naked and I got so conscious when I looked at the mirror and found myself looking like my age (or even older). Bangs can really add to a more youthful appearance. Can I just look 18 forever? Lol
25) Started the month with food, and ended it with food. Happy Wildflour opened in Podium recently! So near where I live <3 Tried their apple pie and latte. Both were lovely!
April was the time when I went to Osaka, Kyoto and Nara, but for some reason I didn’t really bother documenting other stuff that happened during the rest of the month. But I took a ton of pictures of food, which officially makes April my ultimate pig-out month so far. Even in Japan, I was eating like every 3 hours or so, lol.
My IG is @tgosingtian btw!
1) Obligatory selfie to start this post! What’s Instagram without annoying selfies?
2) My favorite salad from La Creperie. IT HAS EGG AND BACON. NOM
3) Nachos from Friday’s because le boyfriend loves nachos in general and could probably eat them everyday.
4) Ramen at Kichitora of Tokyo
5) Apple pie, most chocolate cake, black sesame and salted caramel ice cream!
6) I can’t remember what happened during this day but all I know is that I ordered pizza. And it was good.
7) Sleepy dog! (Follow Bailey on IG @mybebebailey)
8) Massive Hiroshima Oysters at Marufuku!
9) This was just 2 months ago when Bailey was still sooo small! Now she is 36 pounds or so!
10) Thanks to @crownedvelvet on IG for these cases!
11) Le Bunny Bleu is finally in Manila thanks to Yhansy!
12) Wonderful dinner at TWG. Spinach Fettuccini and TWG Tea Salad.
13) Macarons in all colors! At TWG
14) The most adorable nail polish, thanks to Rin of Luscious Closet (@lusciouscloset on IG)
15) My cousin Gilainne got married! <3
16) Flowers for the bridesmaids and sponsors
17) Took this picture of her right after she got ready! Blooming!
18) With her new husband Justin! Congratulations guys!
19) Touchdown Osaka!
20) Had okonomiyaki as my first meal as soon as I landed in the airport.
21) Osaka Castle!
22) Buy all the lashes in Japan! (I have a fear of running out of false lashes for some reason so I tend to splurge on a lot whenever I can)
23) Selfie! Pink cheeks and pink lips!
24) Make-up close-up.
25) Yummy beef at Morita-ya in Kyoto.
28) My last meal in Osaka, huhu.
29) Wore my Casio Sheen watch at the airport. Got it from Time Depot.
30) Thanks to Mariah of @bluedotpastries on IG for the cupcakes!
31) Went to Starbucks and the barista put this smiley on my drink! Cute!
32) My own pair from the new Keds x Taylor Swift collection! Thanks @KedsPH on IG!
33) Summer feel selfie!
34) Got these goodies from Kate Spade Saturday in Japan! Huu, I wish they’d open in other parts of Asia too. ;_;
35) WOODCEPTION! I got this iPhone case for my boyfriend somewhere in Shinsaibashi. Made from real wood! :D
1) First dibs! Got these ob for shu uemura products at the intimate event they held to launch these adorable limited edition goodies.
3) Macarons at Bar Dolci.
4) Wrong Ramen at Burgos Circle, The Fort.
5) 8 scoops of this Chocolate Earthquake from Swensen’s. Shared this with my ice-cream loving friends, and finished this bowl in 5 minutes.
6) Fuss-free all-black outfit on a busy errands day! Black oversized top and leggings from Topshop.
7) One of my ESPRIT looks!
8) Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen at the new Shangri-la East Wing.
9) Finally cut my hair short! My hair was too damaged that I couldn’t go out without curling it (and further damaging it in the process) or hiding the damaged parts in a bun. Ugh. At one point, I couldn’t comb through the ends anymore so I had no choice but to cut it all off. Coincidentally, I was obsessing over long bobs for so long (thus the fluffy wig in my outfit photos last month) that the 7 or so inch cut didn’t hurt too bad.
I’m currently a new and loyal customer at Park Jun’s in Glorietta! A nice Korean girl named Lena cuts and colors my hair now. This is where I also buy my new MUCOTA (Japanese brand) shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment. So far it’s been wonderful in reviving my close-to-dying hair.
How did I achieve this hair length? I had saved photos of my girl crush Olivia Palermo’s long bob (or “lob”) on my phone! Showed it to Lena and she got it instantly. I was so happy. It was all so cathartic too.
As of this writing, it’s about 1 1/2 inches shorter, thanks to Rumiringo and Rui Kotobuki inspiration <3
10) With my brother’s girlfriend Farrah who is just the cutest girl ever! <3
11) At the Lacoste L!ve event with David and Lissa. DAVID’S JACKET, I COVET.
12) Reunited and it feels so good. Not an entirely new combination of bloggers, if you’ve been following my blog for a while now. Comment if this group looks familiar :)
13) Wearing my book print top and jelly bag from Lacoste L!ve.
14) Chanel Fatal Rouge polish thanks to I Do Nails and Chapi Green lenses from Japanese Candy. I’m always wearing pink blush and pink lipstick now. I can’t remember the last time I opted for coral or red…
15) With Kana Odawara-Evangelista (our translator), Yoshio Koiwai, Youhei Harada, Shudai Shiota, Daisuke Hashimoto, Katsuya Inagaki and Yuuga Suzuki! HAKUHODO (with TNC, Inc.) conducted an interview about lifestyle and trends among young people, and in my case, they focused more on fashion, cosmetics, travels, and the other things that I write here on my blog!
We also talked about my previous trips to Japan, and how I found out about Japanese culture and fashion. One of them ended up singing the first line to L’arc’s The Fourth Avenue Cafe when I mentioned how my older brothers have been fans for as long as I can remember.
16) Thanks to @crownedvelvet and @quirky_minds (on IG) for these iPhone cases!
17) US Ribeye and oyster teppanyaki at Akira in the new Shangri-la East Wing! Shang has always been my favorite mall ever since I was a kid, and my family often goes there for dinner or shopping. Most of the time I would bump into Crissey as well because it’s also her family’s favorite hangout!
18) Picked this baby girl up from a trusted labrador breeder outside Manila. Welcome to the Gosingtian family, baby Bailey! We had to think of a name that started with the letter B as Bailey’s parents’ names also started with the same letter. My brother’s initial suggestion was to name her Bog. Bog the dog, lol. I was like, “No way! It’s totally not a cute girl name!” :( (edit: or even a name fit for anyone or anything that is as cute as this)
So I named our first family dog Bailey. Our driver called her Billy Joe when he first thought it was a boy. Then he changed it to Billie Jean when he found out it was a girl, hahaha
Everyone’s attention is now focused on her. <3
19) Macarons at Bizu!
20) And yet another heavy dinner at Borough. Where I order the same thing. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Darn it, Brooklyn Omelette. Why do you have to be so good? My cholesterol is not pleased.
21) Just one of those lazy, minimal make-up days…
22) ONIONS. ONIONS EVERYWHERE! Had dinner with the family at Lugang in Greenhills. My dad’s choice, of course! Chinese cuisine is my least favorite but…
23) …xiao long bao is my only exception. <3
24) I keep doing this pose now. Sad attempt to show off my current nail colors and arm/finger candy at the same time, heehee
25) Bailey after one week with us. My mom has been so patient and loving with her, which I think can buy me and my siblings some time before she starts talking about grandchildren.
Of course, most of Bailey’s stuff are pink. Even her first water bowl was a cute heart-shaped pink one that she absolutely loved playing with. And you know how all labradors love water… (we eventually got her one of those water bottle dispenser things that you attach to her crate so it’s easier and a lot less messy)
26) Ended the month of March with a giant plate of sashimi. <3