Almost three months overdue, but not entirely irrelevant yet! May was a special month. I went on a sponsored trip to Tokyo, thanks to EMODA, but I also stuffed myself with so much food, it’s surprising I haven’t doubled my weight yet considering my no-diet, no-exercise lazy ass lifestyle. Thanks mom for the metabolism. FOR NOW!
Also, my IG is @tgosingtian and I use Afterlight or Camera 360 for most of my photos. Will make an updated post on the photography apps that I use soon! Keep an eye out for that!
Warning, food porn ahead!
1) Fatty but awesome ramen from Mitsuyado Sei-men along Jupiter! Met up with the girls of Stores Specialists Inc (SSI) to discuss some collabs!
God, I can’t even begin to imagine what I’ll do with all my iPhone 4S cases once I upgrade to a higher model. My current iPhone still works perfectly so I’ll wait for iPhone 6 to come out, I guess!
3) Brotzeit at Shang! Thanks to my brother Calel for introducing this place to us!
4) Because I ran out of Ramune Pink a long time ago, I got myself a new one back when I was in Osaka/Kyoto. The new packaging is a touchy subject, as a lot of people prefer the old one better. Me? I’m part of the very few who prefer this one than the black/silver one with stripes. I’m very partial to black/gold.
5) My default flats nowadays. Pointy shoes have a certain sophisticated feel to them, and I love Poppy Red Shoes for making these weaved ones available for all of us girls to enjoy!
6) Because Kozui (along Tomas Morato) will always be one of my favorites EVER. I really wish they’d open more branches.
7) Paid a visit to the new Morellato in SM North Edsa and got to customize my own bracelets! I had so much fun mixing and matching a whole selection of charms.
8) Annoying selfie! I liked my make-up here so I had to. I almost never wing my eyeliner nowadays, but I used to be so addicted to this extreme style the last few months!
9) Yummy oysters at Locale Gastropub in City Golf.
10) My fave Sea Salt Caramel Latte from Umami at The Grove.
11) My first hearty (because of the bowl) not-so-hearty (because of the size) meal in Narita Airport. Most of the restaurants were already closed by the time my brother and I arrived.
12) OOTD! SLY dress, Lowrys Farm denim jacket, and INGNI headband. Not in photo: black Converse hi-tops!
13) Straight bangs and side bangs! Had pasta dinner with pretty Camille and EMODA’s Kumiko somewhere in Shibuya before the touchMe show.
14-15) OOTDs! EMODA everything. Even iPhone case.
16) My kind of accessories. GYDA bracelet, L.CHANCE rings. All from Japan!
17) Another selfie. Tried out the hair chalk / soft pastels that Glam Effect sent me. Pretty cool but super drying! I’ll stick to photoshopping ombres!
18) Burger Mac & Cheese from Torch in Greenhills! Cast iron mac and cheese served with US Angus Beef patty, OMG.
19) Thanks SNS Accessories for the love and heart rings! Chanel Pearl Drop and Emprise on my nails.
20) OOTD! Dress from PINZA Shibuya 109.
21) Another selfie! EMODA top and earrings.
22) NY Cheescake and milk tea from Subspace Coffee House in Ortigas. Rg and I love hanging out at this dainty Korean cafe! If you’re a fan of K-pop, I’m pretty sure you’ll recognize all the songs that they play here. :) Sometimes they even do latte art inspired by certain boy/girl groups!
23) Vidakush sent me these perfect knuckle rings! Simple, just the way I like my accessories.
24) That awkward moment when I started to not look like myself. My hair went back to blonde over time, and my bangs? Non-existent! Gives off a mature feel, yes?
Got a haircut soon after because my forehead felt naked and I got so conscious when I looked at the mirror and found myself looking like my age (or even older). Bangs can really add to a more youthful appearance. Can I just look 18 forever? Lol
25) Started the month with food, and ended it with food. Happy Wildflour opened in Podium recently! So near where I live <3 Tried their apple pie and latte. Both were lovely!
Instagram is totally ruining my blog and my photography, but I still love it anyway. I am so torn! I’ve already told the story on how my picture-taking skills have drastically changed ever since I switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone 4S last December, but I still want to mention that nothing has changed since then… except probably my even greater addiction to Instagram. I never imagined the day would come when these words would escape my mouth - “I won’t bring my camera today. I have my iPhone anyway.” OMG, RIGHT? Why must Apple always create perfect products!?
Anyhow, since it’s such a huge part of my Internet life recently, I figured I should share some of my iPhone pictures here, for those who don’t have iPhones or Androids. Plus, this is really where it’s all happening. I guess there’s this sense of realness on my Instagram that I only wish my actual blog could also have.
So I’m calling this my first ever “Instagram Photo Dump”. Actually, I was thinking of naming it something funnier, like “Instawillgoplaces”, but then again my dream of being taken seriously may never be fulfilled anymore!
By the way, most of the pictures here were taken with Hipstamatic, ClassicINSTA and Camera360.
Dory and Mushroom pasta from Pasta de Waraku in Novena Square 2, from my Singapore trip last July. I stayed alone at Hotel Ibis in Novena, which was about 10 minutes away from the nearest mall.
(In case I haven’t shared it yet, my no fail comfort food is anything with any or all of the following: mushroom, cheese and egg.)
Also in Singapore! One of the best salads I’ve ever tried in my life. Seared tofu and smoked mushroom salad from TCC.
Oh wait, I just may be biased because it has mushroom in it.
Beef and foie gras at Sun with Moon Japanese Dining and Cafe at Wheelock Place. NOM.
I had a quick dinner with Jingna (also known as zemotion from dA) who was the sweetest, nicest and not to mention, most talented person ever. We immediately clicked because of so many geeky things that we both coincidentally love. These included travel, photography, art, anime and video games.
APPLE, JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY! Crappy front camera has its advantages too - no blemishes, for one. Plus the app filters to make your skin look nicer also work.
I don’t know what I’ll do if they finally create an iPhone with a good front camera!
We shared this green tea tiramisu before parting ways. </3 Miss you already, dear!
Also in Singapore, I managed to get myself the new Canon pancake lens at the airport. Finally, the solution to my serious back problems (caused by my 24-70L).
Someone bring Hada Labo (and the whole of Sasa) to Manila! I swear by their products, and it saddens me that I have to wait for my next Asia trip every time I run out! #firstworldproblems
MAC Morange and Ruby Woo, two lipsticks that you would never imagine me buying. Oddly, it’s always out of stock here in Manila…
When I got back, I just continued stuffing myself with food. This is Spaghetti Tavolara at Pagliacci.
Yup, it’s crab fat.
I had a quick meal with my brother at Starbucks a few weeks ago, just before I got about 20 tape-in extensions on my hair, for volume’s sake.
Wild mushroom with emmenthal cheese croissant = winner. And you know exactly why.
If you’re wondering what my default Starbucks drink is, I’ll tell you but I hope you guys can try it out yourself and tell me what you think by commenting in this post. It’s iced white chocolate americano with a shot of half and half (breve), on the rocks. It sounds complicated but it’s reaaaaaaaaaally good.
My favorite soft shell crab roll at Kogi Bulgogi. Posting so you can see WHY it’s so convenient to just take pictures with your iPhone. If it can capture the slightest bit of detail without having to artificially light it…
Macarons make me happy! These colorful ones are from Chez Karine in Serendra. I’ve been posting macarons on my Instagram for the longest time now, and for some reason they get the highest likes. I now have a “macaron theory” where pictures of macarons automatically appear on Instagram’s popular page.
Silly, but it happens every single time I do it.
I also regularly post pictures of my nails on Instagram. The Chanel logo ended up looking like a distorted DC logo, unfortunately. This one didn’t last more than a week because black is super tricky and it becomes so obvious when it gets chipped.
My favorite blue, and a single silver nail. Someone’s excited for Christmas!
Then I recently had Shellac Romantique gel nails (from Dashing Diva) because I wanted to try long nails out for a change, and I couldn’t risk my nails breaking because of my carelessness. Someone commented on my Facebook that the ingredients of Shellac are pretty harmful… so I guess I won’t try it out again any time soon. D:
Comfy airport outfit for my SG-MNL flight. EMODA blazer, Mango top, Romwe shorts, Kate Spade bag.
A sophisticated outfit I wore for a magazine shoot! Zara top, Dorothy Perkins belt, Romwe skirt.
Phew! Wasn’t that a lot? I currently have a total of 600 photos on my Instagram (and 73,000 followers - YAY), so just imagine how much longer this would be if I posted everything. If you want to see the rest, just follow “tgosingtian” or just wait for my occasional photo dumps here. INSTAGRAM IS THE NEW BLOGGING.