The last time I did a post like this one was August? I’m a horrible blogger! I’m really starting to hate myself for not continuing a lot of stuff this year because I got so busy with my book. Promise to bring back my MOFWs this 2014. I’ll also be updating my blog with the rest of my Instagram posts in the next couple of weeks.
3 months have passed since these pictures and I’ve already forgotten I ever posted some of these on the platform, lol. This has officially transformed into a memory test because I have to remember everything again. At least I can cheat by scrolling down my Instafeed and checking all the captions one by one. This is why social media rocks.
September was one of my most stressful months of the year because I was working double-time on my book, in preparation for the October launch. It was also my hair transformation month and that time when I went to Hong Kong with Crissey!
2) Received this crazy awesome Nordstrom make-up set from Gabrielle Online Shop. I love all the neutrals on the left. I have yet to muster up the courage to use brighter colors on my eyelids haha the colors on the right remain unused for now.
3) Caramel overload with caramel macchiato and caramel belgian waffle from Starbucks!
4) That moment when I started doing Korean-style make-up because I fell in love with Stylenanda’s Park Sora.
5) The cutest, most useful camera bags for my 5D Mk II, 350D and Instax mini 7s. All gifts from Izzo Shop!
6) Thanks to Hot Mess for the top!
7) High Street Central bathroom selfie with Crissey!
8) Sorelle Accessories made me a customized necklace! I’ve always wanted one of these!
9) Ganso Shabuway with the fam bam.
10) My favorite sea salt caramel latte from Umami Hambaagu House. Also, September was also the month when I clearly became obsessed with Ngi Ngi stamps.
11) I didn’t post this on my own Instagram but I took the photo. Crissey posted it on her Instagram! Too funny not to post. Love you forevs, bb
12) The view from The Peak in Hong Kong!
13) Crissey and I went shopping at the MURUA at The One! We always ogle at Momoko Ogihara’s Instagram because we love her style so much! I am also now official LINE, Twitter and Instagram friends with Asami Kotake huhu she’s wonderful
14) OOTD time with Crissey! We didn’t plan our outfits and we ended up being all matchy matchy and couple-like. This is the power of Trissey!
15) Laduree macaron nom nom noms.
16) Limited edition leopard print boxes at Laduree. Fierce stuff.
17) A foretelling of the future! This was one of the earliest moments this year when I started drawing my brows darker and skipped the blonde eyebrow pencil and mascara.
18) Boots I got from H&M in Hong Kong. H&M Philippines, I can’t wait for you to arrive already! 2014, please come sooner!
19) After my major hair transformation. Check out all that hair. Looks monstrous.
20) The hairstylist responsible for my short haircut and red hair! Tweet Chay here!
I wish I could say I didn’t know why I looked so haggard during that time but I knew exactly why, lol. It all seems funny and trivial now but I was literally not getting any sleep as I was constantly working on my book!
21) Short, red hair inspired by Sulli’s Ceci cover! A lot of the Japanese neo-gals I follow also have dark hair now!
22) Just G’s September collection. I wore the military print jacket in an outfit post.
23) Posting because my hair looked pretty good here *smug face* lol
24) My first photo with Bailey since I cut my hair short!
25) Modeling a new SNSD x Baby-G watch from Time Depot!
26) All the CANMAKE goodies I got from the make-up tutorial I did for them and Candy magazine! The foundation and powder are winners. I brought them both with me to my US trip! I can’t be caught dead without the powder nowadays too.
27) At the Summit Media office checking the final proofs of my book! I still can’t believe it happened. Thanks to all those who supported my book! It’s been on the best sellers list for 2 consecutive months now.
28) Always feels so good to come home to this giant baby.
Just when I thought I was over the sporty style trend, Just G comes out with a new, not-so-cookie-cutter collection that is cuter than your ordinary athletic wear.
At this time last year, they came out with super stylish sweatpants that sold out instantly. How can they not? Nowadays, we all know that multipurpose is the way to go.
Who says you can’t mix in girly details on your favorite gray sweatshirt?
These patterned shorts are so comfortable I’m torn whether I should use them to motivate myself to exercise, or use them as loungewear.
Guess which option I am more inclined to.
And the highlight of this post comes in the form of this skirt that is such a genius idea. There are so many dark gray gym shorts and sweatpants with neon trims - why not make a skirt version?
Casual enough for lazy, everyday dressing, but also awesome enough to be dressed up with bright coral lips, accessories and heels. Pretty much my formula for wearing the trend.
P.S. My new hair color is by Status Salon!
Last year, I went to Hong Kong with my good friend Jee, and she sold me the idea of layering tops over dresses. She wore a cute sleeveless dress as we enjoyed Disneyland together, but when I saw her getting a thin-fabric top from her bag on the way back to the city, I knew things were going to be interesting. Jee-nius idea, really. I don’t know why I’m only trying this out now.
Normally, when we travel, we think of bringing jackets in case the weather becomes chilly, but who would’ve thought you could achieve the same-ish effect for less luggage space? It’s also a pretty good way to re-work all your flirty summer dresses for the rainy season.
Next time I just might try layering tops under dresses too.
My top reads “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.”
Debuting my shorter haircut and edgier color with new Just G items! Going inside Just G recently has filled me with so much glee, seeing how they’re slowly transitioning from their super bright and colorful S/S collection to a more neutral but still distinctly girly F/W collection.
For a change, I veered away from all the blue and cutesy floral prints this time, and instead wore light colors and neutrals. How can I not? I still haven’t gotten over my hair transformation, and color clashing would be the last thing I want. As one friend said, “It’s like you had one of those major makeovers on ANTM!” NGL, those makeover episodes are my guilty pleasures.
I spotted two army-ish jackets on the racks, got possessed by the Just G spirit, and wore them with contrasting girly elements. If you were expecting me to wear them the cliche way with badass accessories and combat boots, you probably haven’t hung out here long enough to know how I roll.
I think I live for juxtapositions.
This white eyelet tube dress is something that people would normally pair with sandals and flower crowns, but I decided to go for a more modern luxe appeal by pairing it with gold accessories and pointy ankle-strap wedges.
Camo-print and shiny sequins together makes for a perfect day-to-night look.
This jacket is everything! The fact that you can tighten/adjust the waist part to how you want it to look like (i.e. tight style would emphasize the female silhouette while loose style would look great with a pair of black skinny jeans for a more androgynous feel) makes it all the more deserving for a place in every girl’s closet.
Yes sir, I’m one of a kind! Okay, not really.
But anyway, it’s quite admirable how good GD has been branding himself over the years (or should we chalk it up to YG?), with his logos being printed all over the place. Remember that time when everyone suddenly went crazy over his Giyonchy (Givenchy + Ji-yong wordplay) logo?
If you search “one of a kind shirt” on Google Images, you’ll find that GD practically owns the term now. I mean, where did the *literal* one of a kind shirts go? It must be a nightmare to have an actual one of a kind shirt business now since you’ll be buried under all the GD-related results on search engines, lol.
I might cut the sleeves off this shirt soon, to match the muscle shirt that he’s wearing in the video. What do you think? I can never pull off a full-on gangsta feel, being partial to girlier looks… but you can see I tried with the chain bling on my neck. I give myself a low C+ for effort, haha.
Recently, I’ve been really inspired to recreate some K-pop looks / airport fashion with existing stuff in my closet or items you can find in local stores. I wonder if anyone’s interested…
I think the reason why I can never get over Just G is because they *always* have blue in their collections, regardless of seasons and trends. I was backtracking Just G posts recently, and boy, did I see a lot of blue! I hearby dub thee the unofficial color of this brand. It just so happens that it’s my favorite color as well.
In true Just G fashion, here’s a fuss-free, immensely wearable, simple but comfy outfit that focuses mostly on the unique gradient on my printed top, and on sweat pants as an item of clothing that you can actually wear outside of the sports context. This is actually my second pair of sweatpants from Just G, as they released a dark gray version latter half of 2012.
I also dyed my hair lighter again a few days ago! I feel like this level of lightness is more my element than dark hair, though I’ve gotten a ton of comments saying that dark hair suits me better. But in the end, I don’t really live to please anyone but myself, so I went to my trusty salon and took the plunge anyway.
I like how the eyes are naturally drawn towards the darker, more saturated part of the top’s gradient, since the rest of the blues are paler and lighter. It’s an effective way to downplay parts that you normally wouldn’t want to be highlighted.
"Fight, fight! Blue and white! Go, go Ateneo!" If I had to choose, my next favorite school color would definitely by UP’s maroon. So classy. Gryffindor lang ang peg. (And yes, Ateneo would be definitely be Ravenclaw!)
My top’s pattern is so pretty, you can make it into a hipster frame. Don’t forget the confused hipster expression.
June was my back-to-reality month after all the happy cray that went down during April and May. For most people, it signaled that start of another school year. For me, it felt more like August, when all the midterms are supposed to be. Suddenly, my workload tripled and it seemed as if the previous months existed so I could prepare myself accordingly. Ugh. Just a few weeks/months before I can relax with that secret project I keep on mentioning, but in the meantime… HUSTLE!
At least I’m not 3 months late with my IG Photo Dumps anymore, though I’m well-aware that I still have 2 Kyoto posts and an MOFW Japan pending. Right now, I’m thinking if I should just merge it with my upcoming MOFW Hong Kong since I tend to buy Japanese brands there anyway. Decisions, decisions!
Anyhow, here’s a collection of photos I took back in June. Wow, I was really up and about. Little by little, as I post more IG Photo Dumps, you’ll get to see how much of a hermit I’ve become since then!
1) Late beach outing with my friends. A week later this was taken, rainy season finally arrived in the country, making it almost impossible to enjoy weekends with zero chance of rain.
2) Posted this on my Twitter, but it’s related to the beach photo. That out-of-town trip was the last trip our 7-year-old group of friends was going to have in a while. Kiks is now taking his masters in an art school in San Francisco, and he won’t be back until 2015! Woot, good luck to him!
3) New (and affordable) accessories from Just G. I haven’t been able to visit them last summer so I was surprised to see so many new designs from them!
4) What’s an IG Photo Dump without food porn? This is my favorite seafood salad from UCC. Yes, it has a ton of fried stuff in it. Makes the whole thing taste really good.
5) Selca from the mirror in Just G Megamall. Wearings INGNI top, EMODA pants, bag and necklace, and Gold Dot wedges on a busy errands day.
6) Look who I bumped into on the way out of the mall!
7) Roasted bone marrow from Village Tavern in High Street Central.
8) Another selfie. For some reason, I have so many selfies from last June and almost zero for July-August. Stress, what are you doing to meee
There is always time for annoying selfies.
9) Man, was I vain last June or what?
Wearing a cute cut-out Tracyeinny top!
10) ViVi’s popular July issue which came with a free snidel shirt. I’ve been seeing the shirt so often in Japanese street snaps that it has also become one of my favorite everyday shirts.
11) I don’t know why I look so different here, but it was a good bangs day. This was also the last proper photo of my accidental ombre which I got so tired of eventually.
Wearing an Apartment 8 halter top!
12) I visit Marufuku in Ortigas every month, it seems.
13) Trissey on Independence Day!
14) Our first meeting with the CANMAKE Philippines team at WIld Flour in Podium. L-R: Crissey, Arbee, me, Eri, Sachie and Bea.
15) Went to Caffe Bene to work and was easily tempted to get a mango crunch cake. #skinnyfatproblems
16) Darker hair color fresh from the salon. It stayed this way for about 1 1/2 weeks until it gradually faded to the lighter ash brown I’ve been sporting recently.
This is actually a mix of different levels of ash brown, since I was really set on killing the accidental ombre caused by my bleached ends. The dye used for the bleached parts were a bit darker than the one used for my roots, so it’s hard to say what exact color this is!
Visit my hairstylist Lena at Park Jun’s in Glorietta if you’re interested in this color, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be as ashy if you’ve never had your hair bleached before. Try it anyway!
17) With David and Lissa at the Aeropostale Aero Jam!
18) Dropped by Cupcakes by Sonja’s since I was in Glorietta. Shang branch, please open soon!
19) Intentionally changed the way I did my make-up and went for a simple eyes-bold lips combo for once.
20) Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen on a rainy day.
21) Thanks @houseofjelly on IG for contributing to my already-junk-filled lifestyle. Can’t say no to Nutella and green tea Crunch.
22) @polishedinthecity on IG gave me the prettiest colors! OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest and My Vampire is Buff, ZOYA Toni, Yara and Skylar.
23) Straight hair, don’t care!
24) The placement of the bread in this dish reminds me of bunny ears. This is the truffle pasta I always get in Locale!
25) Fooled around and called this my high fashion alter ego, lol. Actually, I just finished my make-up and decided to camwhore before blowdrying my hair. Check out my pretentious model squint.
26) Back to my normal self! Pink cheeks, pink lipstick and soft curls. :)
Printed skirts are always a spring/summer staple, but these particular ones from Just G are too mind-blowingly adorable to miss!
I browsed through ViVi August 2013 just now and they’re just as hungover with resort prints as I am. Usually, I see a lot of green in these kinds of prints, so this skirt from Just G is super unique with its vibrant blue and orange color. Paired it with a simple, semi-sheer lace top (What can scream “spring/summer” better than this?) that’s perfect for hot, humid weather.
Notice how I also wore coral lipstick to match my skirt and shoes! I’m always wearing pink or nude lipstick so this was such a refreshing change. What do you think?
This skirt is quite the head-turner! I chalk it up to the bright fuchsia pink that adds an element of fun to the whole outfit. You can’t not be cheerful with this skirt on because all the pretty colors will definitely keep your mind just as bright.
Have fun looking for the perfect printed skirt!