Finally got my hands on the white version of this ever-so-popular sweater. I wore a similar item in pink some time ago, but I’ve always wanted a white one that I can wear with anything, regardless of the season. True enough, it perfectly matched the royal blue shorts and ankle strap heels I wore to an afternoon coffee date with the boyfriend. I changed to black skinny pants and black pointy pumps in the evening for a more polished look.
Ankle straps are typically not recommended for vertically-challenged girls because they visually cut the leg off at the ankle and give the illusion of shorter legs, but if the heel height is high enough and your legs are your greatest asset, why not?
The only reason why this entry exists is because my mom decided to stay a day and a half in LA before going on the long flight back to Manila. I thought this was a good idea too because I didn’t want to go straight from Boston -> Detroit, Detroit -> LA, LA -> Manila all in one go either. Plus it’s been 10 years since my last visit to LA! So many feels because as a kid I had really good memories of this place. Because Disneyland.
We stayed at Hollywood Boulevard and took pictures of touristy places like tourists would. Later on, my mom’s friend from college was able to take some time off from work to drive us around. This was crucial as my impression of LA was starting to become just Hollywood, lol. There are lots of other pretty places in LA too, but I’ll have to save them for the next trip. Maybe it’s the lack of time but I felt a little crippled during this trip? Everyone seems to have a car and commuting isn’t as common as in the East Coast. Correct me if I’m wrong!
El Capitan Theatre. Open since the 1920s!
It felt so weird all of a sudden to not wear a coat after Chicago, New York and Boston.
Footprints, handprints, and autographs of some famous Hollywood celebrities.
Hollywood Walk of Fame! The 5 entertainment categories have their own symbols so you’d know if someone was a given a star for their contribution in the motion picture, television, music, radio or theater industries.
This Spiderman looks nothing like the one I saw in Times Square!
Hollywood First National Bank.
Dolby Theater. You know, where the Oscars are held.
Hollywood and Highland. Around the time GANTZ premiered at the Chinese Theater a few years ago, I was able to watch a clip of Nino and Matsuyama Kenichi doing some silly things all over the city. Like ask random passersby if they knew who the two of them were, buy souvenirs for their co-stars, wash their socks at a coin laundry (lol), etc.
Darth Vader judging that costume…
The force is strong with this one.
Spotted Brangelina at Madame Tussauds. I’ve been to the one in London and I must say that they are quite different. Visiting both museums wouldn’t be redundant. Most of the figures wouldn’t be caught wearing the same exact outfit.
The one in LA is also more interactive. Like there are chairs beside the figures and you can take selfies with them if you wanted to.
Gaga had her own special space where the lighting was absolutely gorgeous.
My favorite figures! Robert Redford and Paul Newman as Butch and Sundance.
*cue 007 theme song*
Life is like a box of chocolates.
When art imitates life.
Wish changing hair colors were this easy. I love that pinkish red in between the brown and orange.
Count on me to remember the names of historical places, but I cannot remember for the life of me the place of this shopping mall…
Anyhow, we literally just breezed through this place on the way to the newly-opened Kate Spade Saturday on W 3rd St.
Magnolia Bakery behind me! No smiles here because the sun was terribly high. Look at those shadows.
I usually splurge on a lot of stuff here but I just bought a dress (I was such a good girl this whole trip!) while my mom bought a lot of everyday-type (not just Saturday) clothes. The styles fit her taste so well.
Drove around the city with mom’s friend. I have no idea what some of these places are called.
I officially declare this entry the official “when Tricia was most useless” entry.
Palm trees and sunny skies.
Had Sunday mass somewhere in this area.
When in LA.
On the day of our flight back to Manila, my mom’s friend drove us to different places, including the…
…Annenberg Space for Photography! THIS WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY TRIP. My mom’s friend is a photography enthusiast, and she wanted to bring us there when she found out that I was into photography as well. TEARS. No photos allowed inside though.
The current exhibition is called The Power of Photography by National Geographic. Instead of printing the photos out, they opted for multiple high-definition TV screens to show all the iconic National Geographic photos.
They’re celebrating their 125th year anniversary with a wonderful exhibit. It will only be up until April 27th though! Check it out!
The closest I could get to the Hollywood sign.
Hipsters outside the Griffith Observatory. The girl on the right had the nicest blue-green hair!
Obligatory couple photo.
City of Angels.
Not Lorde, lol.
So that’s the last of my US travel diaries from last year. I still have Taiwan and Tokyo to post before I go to the US again in May, so wish me luck with all the editing and sorting out. May I upload them as early as possible!
April was the time when I went to Osaka, Kyoto and Nara, but for some reason I didn’t really bother documenting other stuff that happened during the rest of the month. But I took a ton of pictures of food, which officially makes April my ultimate pig-out month so far. Even in Japan, I was eating like every 3 hours or so, lol.
My IG is @tgosingtian btw!
1) Obligatory selfie to start this post! What’s Instagram without annoying selfies?
2) My favorite salad from La Creperie. IT HAS EGG AND BACON. NOM
3) Nachos from Friday’s because le boyfriend loves nachos in general and could probably eat them everyday.
4) Ramen at Kichitora of Tokyo
5) Apple pie, most chocolate cake, black sesame and salted caramel ice cream!
6) I can’t remember what happened during this day but all I know is that I ordered pizza. And it was good.
7) Sleepy dog! (Follow Bailey on IG @mybebebailey)
8) Massive Hiroshima Oysters at Marufuku!
9) This was just 2 months ago when Bailey was still sooo small! Now she is 36 pounds or so!
10) Thanks to @crownedvelvet on IG for these cases!
11) Le Bunny Bleu is finally in Manila thanks to Yhansy!
12) Wonderful dinner at TWG. Spinach Fettuccini and TWG Tea Salad.
13) Macarons in all colors! At TWG
14) The most adorable nail polish, thanks to Rin of Luscious Closet (@lusciouscloset on IG)
15) My cousin Gilainne got married! <3
16) Flowers for the bridesmaids and sponsors
17) Took this picture of her right after she got ready! Blooming!
18) With her new husband Justin! Congratulations guys!
19) Touchdown Osaka!
20) Had okonomiyaki as my first meal as soon as I landed in the airport.
21) Osaka Castle!
22) Buy all the lashes in Japan! (I have a fear of running out of false lashes for some reason so I tend to splurge on a lot whenever I can)
23) Selfie! Pink cheeks and pink lips!
24) Make-up close-up.
25) Yummy beef at Morita-ya in Kyoto.
28) My last meal in Osaka, huhu.
29) Wore my Casio Sheen watch at the airport. Got it from Time Depot.
30) Thanks to Mariah of @bluedotpastries on IG for the cupcakes!
31) Went to Starbucks and the barista put this smiley on my drink! Cute!
32) My own pair from the new Keds x Taylor Swift collection! Thanks @KedsPH on IG!
33) Summer feel selfie!
34) Got these goodies from Kate Spade Saturday in Japan! Huu, I wish they’d open in other parts of Asia too. ;_;
35) WOODCEPTION! I got this iPhone case for my boyfriend somewhere in Shinsaibashi. Made from real wood! :D