You know those cardigans that you tie around your shoulders? I recently got a top that has something like it sewed onto the shoulders. Cool concept! It’s like those dresses and skirts that have fake sleeves sewed onto the sides so you can knot them like you would the sleeves a separate shirt. When the weather is as bipolar as Manila weather, this kind of layering lifehack comes in handy.
Also opted for comfortable Taylor Swift x Keds sneakers this time, because I made the mistake of wearing open-toe heels recently… and we all know the insufferable amount of rain that went down the past few nights. Wet, cold feet are the absolute worst!
April was the time when I went to Osaka, Kyoto and Nara, but for some reason I didn’t really bother documenting other stuff that happened during the rest of the month. But I took a ton of pictures of food, which officially makes April my ultimate pig-out month so far. Even in Japan, I was eating like every 3 hours or so, lol.
My IG is @tgosingtian btw!
1) Obligatory selfie to start this post! What’s Instagram without annoying selfies?
2) My favorite salad from La Creperie. IT HAS EGG AND BACON. NOM
3) Nachos from Friday’s because le boyfriend loves nachos in general and could probably eat them everyday.
4) Ramen at Kichitora of Tokyo
5) Apple pie, most chocolate cake, black sesame and salted caramel ice cream!
6) I can’t remember what happened during this day but all I know is that I ordered pizza. And it was good.
7) Sleepy dog! (Follow Bailey on IG @mybebebailey)
8) Massive Hiroshima Oysters at Marufuku!
9) This was just 2 months ago when Bailey was still sooo small! Now she is 36 pounds or so!
10) Thanks to @crownedvelvet on IG for these cases!
11) Le Bunny Bleu is finally in Manila thanks to Yhansy!
12) Wonderful dinner at TWG. Spinach Fettuccini and TWG Tea Salad.
13) Macarons in all colors! At TWG
14) The most adorable nail polish, thanks to Rin of Luscious Closet (@lusciouscloset on IG)
15) My cousin Gilainne got married! <3
16) Flowers for the bridesmaids and sponsors
17) Took this picture of her right after she got ready! Blooming!
18) With her new husband Justin! Congratulations guys!
19) Touchdown Osaka!
20) Had okonomiyaki as my first meal as soon as I landed in the airport.
21) Osaka Castle!
22) Buy all the lashes in Japan! (I have a fear of running out of false lashes for some reason so I tend to splurge on a lot whenever I can)
23) Selfie! Pink cheeks and pink lips!
24) Make-up close-up.
25) Yummy beef at Morita-ya in Kyoto.
28) My last meal in Osaka, huhu.
29) Wore my Casio Sheen watch at the airport. Got it from Time Depot.
30) Thanks to Mariah of @bluedotpastries on IG for the cupcakes!
31) Went to Starbucks and the barista put this smiley on my drink! Cute!
32) My own pair from the new Keds x Taylor Swift collection! Thanks @KedsPH on IG!
33) Summer feel selfie!
34) Got these goodies from Kate Spade Saturday in Japan! Huu, I wish they’d open in other parts of Asia too. ;_;
35) WOODCEPTION! I got this iPhone case for my boyfriend somewhere in Shinsaibashi. Made from real wood! :D
(Self-portraits; Just G button-down top, printed tee and skirt, Keds sneakers, 1721 hair extensions - love the extra volume and length that distracts people from my dark roots) Hype this look on Lookbook here.
One of the rare times I am seen wearing sneakers. I got the privilege of getting my free pair of Keds some time ago, so I got these really cute pointy ones in a sea of classic round toe sneakers. Apparently, this pointy Keds silhouette last came out in the 1960s, and they only decided to bring it back recently! I always knew I had an affinity with retro styles! This pair was available in another color, but I liked how the blue kinda reminded me of some of my light-colored denim clothes and a lot of the blues and greens in my closet.
Here’s another one of my cool-colored summer ensembles that is quite reminiscent of the kind of fashion I sported back in university. Plaid button-downs were my occasional alternative for cardigans, while printed tees layered underneath my button-downs were my quirky alternative to my collection of plain, loose tops in all the colors you can imagine.
Oh, did you notice that my nails match my outfit too?