I’m very predictable when it comes to dressing up and doing my make-up. I rarely drastically change my style to the point of no recognition, and when I do, there’s always some sort of template that I follow. I’ve tried and tested this template enough to know what works best for me and my changing moods, and I’m pretty sure most of you have already noticed the slight changes that I do to keep my outfits as classic and elegant as possible.
One of my most favorite techniques to quickly change how I look is by using different colored lipsticks! I’m so obsessed that I feel totally incomplete without them (the same way I can’t go out without earrings on).
We all have our own morning routines, and mine usually end with a lipstick in hand. I only choose what lip color to wear after I’ve finalized my outfit! I am a personal style blogger after all! I’m assuming beauty bloggers would base their outfits on the color of their make-up? (It would be interesting to do a survey among different kinds of bloggers, lol)
Anyhow, the reason why I leave the lip color last is because it’s my way of deciding what kind of vibe I want to exude throughout the day, and because it is so powerful that it can make the simplest outfits look so much dressier than they really are.
It works the opposite way too. Think your outfit is a little fancy? Try a more subdued lip color to balance it out.
Below are some examples of how lipstick colors can complement daily outfits:
(L’Oreal Color Riche lipstick in Wild Tango)
When beige/nude is too pale, pink is too girly, and red is too intense, go for a coral shade. I particularly love Wild Tango because it has slight pink undertones in it that makes the color super flattering.
(L’Oreal Color Riche lipstick in Viva Red)
Wearing this bright cherry red color seems to always make people overlook the fact that I’m lazy to accessorize. Count on Viva Red to also give you an instantly sexy look without any skin exposure!
(L’Oreal Color Riche lipstick in Dewy Beige)
One would expect to wear bright lipstick with neutral outfits, but sometimes I like to keep it simple and understated so as not to look too intimidating or too out of place during the day. Dewy Beige is one of those my-lips-but-better colors that need to be in every girl’s bag! I asked my boyfriend which of these three looks he liked most and he chose this one because it makes me and my lips look friendly (a.k.a. kissable? lol).
Enjoy Valentines Day, everyone! It’s also a pay day weekend so it’s definitely the best time to splurge on these sexy new lipsticks!
L’Oreal Color Riche Le Rouge a.k.a. the World’s No. 1 Lipsticks have precious lotus, argan and rose oils in them so you’re bound to have infinitely moisturized lips. The 15 new and improved shades are all very pigmented, and the rich color pay-off makes you want to collect them all! They’re now available in all major department stores nationwide for only PHP 625!
L-R: Pearly Rubie Follie, Pearly Flirty Berry, Pearly Viva Red, Touch of Amaranth, Pop Up Pink, Fairy Touch, Beige Sienna, Pearly Think Pink, Pearly Berry Allure
L-R: Orange Power, Cherry Crush, Spring Rosette, Crayon Sunset, Red Valentine, Lincoln Rose, Raspberry Syrup, Blaze Red
Follow L’Oreal Philippines on Facebook here.
Finally got another one of these pretty BDJ Boxes, thanks to the lovely ladies behind the very successful Belle de Jour Power Planner! *happy dance* I seriously feel like it’s Christmas every time I receive these in the mail.
Stickers you can give out to your friends <3
I loved the little note that came with it since it made me think about what my beauty resolution for 2013 is/are! I only really became conscious about my skin after college, when I suddenly felt paranoid about aging (even if I’m far from wrinkles… for now). This being said, I’m relatively new to the whole skincare scene compared to most people. Growing up, I didn’t get the chance to use my mom’s stuff because we had totally different skin types, so I pretty much had to take it on by myself. Now that BDJ Box is here, I don’t have to worry about spending so much just to try out different things.
Here’s a rundown of what’s inside this month’s box with prices and descriptions. I included the prices for each just so you’ll know how much you can save by subscribing to BDJ Box. You can get your own BDJ Box of deluxe-sized samples for only P480 a month! Definitely beats the thousands of pesos spent on impulse beauty purchases.
1) Pantene Pro-V All Day Smooth Miracle Water - Help your hair maintain perfect moisture balance. Use this as a finishing touch to your daily hair care regimen after shower, leaving your hair fragrant and moisturized. For best results, use with the full Pantene system. (P149)
2) Flormar Supershine Nail Enamel - Get into the nail art trend, experiment, try something new - do patterns or design an icon. Be creative! (P99)
3) Flormar Longwearing Lipstick - From Turkey’s best cosmetic brand, imagine apricot seedoil, shea butter, cocoa butter and mango butter on your lips to lock in moisture. All you need for full on color and all-day coverage. (P349)
4) Tony Moly Tomatox Magic White Massage Pack - Tomato and lemon extracts help clear impurities, whiten and tone skin. Kiwi and white tea extracts help prevent aging. (P548)
5) Tony Moly Broccoli Sprout Cleansing Cream - Antioxidants from blueberry, tomato, lavender, rosa canina, fruit and spinach removes dead skin cells and leaves your skin softer. (P478)
6) Etude House Moistfull Collagen Trial Kit (Emulsion and Freshener) - Baobab tree extract and collagen in these work to improve skin elasticity and hydration retention. Remove make-up residue, excess sebum and tighten pores for that youthful dewy look everyone craves. (P628 each)
7) Britney Spears Radiance Fragrance - Be radiant with an irresistable scent filled with delicate aromas like wild berries and soft dewy petals. Use this daily to experience the feminine blend of luminous pure white flowers.
8) Pevonia Botanica Phyto Gel Cleanser - Thoroughly cleanse, purify and hydrate your skin with saponaria, rosemary, lemon and pine: a detoxifying and aromatic experience for your skin. Soft, velvery touch afterwards.
9) Gift cards! L’Oreal Professionel Inoa Hair Color (P1000 off) and X-tenso Moisturist (P2000 off) vouchers redeemable at Azta, Browhouse P500 cash voucher, Tony Moly and Etude House 10% discount on all skin care products
I just opened my box now so I haven’t really tried any of these products yet, but I’ll try to blog about the specific ones I end up liking some time in the future. :D
Follow them on Facebook here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.