A few Saturdays ago, I was invited a private styling party at the newly-opened Marc by Marc Jacobs store at Shangri-la East Wing Mall.
Regular customers were free to take pleasure in exclusive shopping privileges, as well as enjoy some cocktail food, champagne, and macarons that matched the colors of Marc by Marc Jacobs’ Spring 2014 Collection.
I can’t be any happier about the fact that they opened in Shang, because I frequent this mall the most out of all the malls in the Metro. No need to go all the way to Makati now!
Before the event, I took photos of some items that caught my attention.
These bags are perfection.
Cute yet classy arm candy.
Cat-print cosmetic pouch.
Chic sunglasses for summer.
Cool colors to beat the heat.
Warm colors and bold prints.
Marc by Marc Jacobs’ must-have shoes this season. The point is to style everything with sneakers!
Not your ordinary flat shoes. These punk mouse ballet flats are adorable!
Flawless bag in my favorite color. Thinking if I should go back to the store and get it!
I had about 4 of these in a span of 10 minutes.
Small bags for those who only like to bring essentials, and big ones for those who like to put their whole lives inside their bags!
Muted gray or vivid red?
The part of the store that everybody loves. I got myself an iPhone case in the latest Marc by Marc Jacobs radio waves print!
Marc by Marc Jacobs watches.
Stylist Alyanna Martinez dressed us up in the latest Marc by Marc Jacobs items, and interestingly chose them based on her impression of our individual styles.
Lissa got a sportswear-inspired outfit, Camille got a matching print-on-print top and skirt, while I got a classic shift dress!
We also got a private mini fashion show styled and introduced by Alyanna herself!
Here’s a better photo of the dress that I wore. These “pinwheel flowers” are Marc by Marc Jacobs’ key prints for Spring 2014.
Flame applique top with rolled-up polkadot print jeans.
Radio waves print! I couldn’t get enough of this! Hypnotizing.
The latest collection fuses the comfort of sportswear and the tailored sharpness of workwear. This explains the use of sneakers!
You can easily transform the look from day to night by pairing them with sky high heels.
Looks so comfy!
Visit Marc by Marc Jacobs Philippines at Greenbelt 5 and the new store at Shangri-la East Wing.
Aeropostale officially launched in Manila with a giant music and fashion party called Aero Jam where local bands like Never the Strangers, She’s Only Sixteen, and Up Dharma Down played as people enjoyed Aeropostale’s new summer collection.
It was a big event held in the middle of Glorietta’s New Activity Center, and it was super fun as there were booths for popcorn, ice cream, etc. that were very reminiscent of the high school fairs I used to always look forward to, some 10 years ago, lol.
The models were all having so much fun on stage - such a delight to see the clothes moving along with them as they twirled around and danced like there was no tomorrow. They also got some student ambassadors from different high schools and universities to walk the runway. Cool! One of them turned out to be my mom’s friend’s daughter too!
Snapped a ton of photos so you can see all the pretty denim pieces, neons and floral prints that’s sure to find their way into every student’s wardrobe.
The host (also my girl crush) Joyce Pring wearing Aeropostale as well! I always love her hair.
One of the biggest bands in the country, Up Dharma Down.
Same course! Ateneo BFA Information Design kids! Deej on the left is still studying while Jonty and Edric (now working for Esquire) are a batch lower than me. It’s always nice to bump into familiar faces in events!
All wearing Aeropostale tees!
Also bumped into Ericka and James after such a long time.
And then Krissy, Alexander and Alexa joined in! I can’t with their ages! I feel so old!
Highlight of the night was bumping into fellow bloggers David and Lissa! Also bumped into Vern!
Photo of our coincidentally-matchy colorful outfits. My top and pants are both Aeropostale! I loved them so much I got the same style top in black and white, and the pants in pink and gray.
The first Aeropostale store in Manila opened Glorietta 2 last June 15th. Follow Aeropostale’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and use the hashtag #AeropostaleMNL if you’re tweeting about them! Spread the Aero love.
1) Trissey (Tricia + Crissey) bonding after so long! We spent almost a whole day together - it was loads of fun, especially with the kind of silliness that is always expected from our duo. <3
2) Pat from Apartment 8 treated us to cake in the middle of shooting. Of course, with something as cute as this, you’d expect us to take photos and Instagram first before digging in!
3) Valentines-themed cupcakes at Sonja’s in Serendra! Not what I ordered (since my favorite from them is their Red Velvet) but too cute not to Instagram, lol.
4) Spent a lazy afternoon in Starbucks reading this book. Little did I know that my angkong (grandfather) would pass away the next day. It’s the first time I’m explicitly talking about it but I pretty much spent most of my February afternoons and evenings at the hospital and at his wake (even on Valentines Day), thus the lessened activity on my blog during this month. He was in and out of the hospital for heart-related problems most of 2012 as well.
As of this writing, it’s been exactly 49 days since his burial. We actually just came from the cemetery to visit him again and pay our respects. He’s in a better place now. <3
5) Quick lunch at Yabu!
6) Valentines-themed shoot with James and Ericka!
7) Heart-shaped donuts at Krispy Kreme. A ton of people commented on my IG saying that they look like heart-shaped ground meat, lol.
8) MEXX outing with blogger friends! With Lissa, Laureen and David.
9) Chocolate-covered strawberries for Valentines thanks to Pond’s!
10) Received pretty flowers from Krissy and Ericka <3
11) Flowers for my angkong, 3 days after the burial. In his mausoleum — “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness.”
12) Sweet pink hair (or wig) and make.
14) Little things! Mini Canon USB from @osgenshop on IG and mini Celine ear plug from @crownedvelvet on IG. Yes, that’s a page of ViVi with Sara Mary on it!
15) Wore this to the Young Market Masters Awards (YMMA). Simple black shift dress from Mango and bag from Forever 21.
16) Strawberry mousse!
17) Pink and white outfit in preparation for spring/summer.
18) Wearing the very popular Apartment 8 peekaboo shoulder top! So happy it got wonderful reviews from people after I wore it, as all their stocks were sold out twice, and people still want it to this day! <3
19) Suddenly, dark hair after a disaster at my previous salon! It has since then faded to my current hair color which is still a little messy, but at least I already cut all the damaged parts off!
Wearing Orly Frisky nail polish from @polishedinthecity on IG.
20) Alice in Wonderland vibes at the ob for shu uemura event at SoFA! Macarons everywhere!
21) Blue top and necklace from Forever 21, bag from Moussy (Japan), and inset skirt leggings from Yesstyle. My hair was pretty much fried at this point…
22) Met up with my best friends at The Old Spaghetti House and got this cheesy penne pasta. NOM.
23) Second time to see Crissey! <3 We were invited to a web show called Live, Love, Lolz by Tita K! But first we had dinner together, and spent the rest of our time camwhoring in a small bathroom, lol.
Last week, I was fortunate enough to be invited by Mexx Philippines to a short bloggers outing with fellow bloggers Laureen, David and Lissa. It was all the way in Alabang Town Center, a place I almost never go to, so the outing also served as a good opportunity for me to get out of my comfort zone (which is mostly Libis, Ortigas and The Fort only) for a change! Plus I can’t say no to a day of bonding with long-time blogger friends!
Lissa and I met up in Glorietta where we were chauffeured in a pretty Mercedes Benz! The car ride was super smooth, and this means a lot considering that I always have motion sickness whenever I ride cars.
After a few introductions with the whole Cinderella and Mexx team, we proceeded to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch! The yummiest Italian food were served to us in giant portions, and I helped myself to some epic-tasting pizza and pasta, of course (LOL).
Was seated right across pretty Laureen and her very summery outfit!
Not for those on strict workouts, diets or fitness regimens (ehem Lissa), but ideal for those who don’t have any care in the world about them (ehem me).
S’mores pizza for dessert!
After lunch, we were finally taken to the Mexx store!
It’s the only Mexx open so far, but do watch out for the Shangri-La, SM Aura, and Glorietta stores this year! I, for one, am excited for the one in Shang because I live quite near and it’s one of my favorite malls since I was little.
Sweaters and cardigans everywhere! Most of the items in Mexx are very reminiscent of European Metropolitan lifestyle. They offer modern pieces that are appropriate for city people with a knack for functional fashion.
Bags and scarves that are super easy to pair with anything!
Camwhoring in the mirror because we couldn’t get a proper group shot. :D
Here’s another one! I swear it would’ve been so awkward if someone walked into the store and saw a bunch of people (including 3 girls wearing sky high heels) taking pictures of everything we could find in the store. Ahh, blogger duties!
My favorites from the men’s collection. Reminds me so much of my trip to the UK last spring. One Direction style!
From the women’s collection. A lot of their fall/winter items were still on the racks, and these included a lot of tweed jackets and office-appropriate blazers that exuded a certain kind of sophisticated European elegance.
Mexx has actually been around for a long time now, but it’s never too late to let people enjoy good fashion. Thanks to the official distributor, Cinderella, for bringing it here to Manila!
Love the current collection that’s made up of mostly charcoal gray, brown, old rose, beige and red.
Apart from the quick tour of the store, we were also asked by the Cinderella team to help style them using Mexx clothes! It was a challenge for me to style someone with a completely different body type as me, but it proved to be quite an experience in the end. For Mexx Marketing Assistant Renee, I picked a blush-colored drape neck top and paired it with a similar-colored bag, and some bright red skinny pants. Just something mature and simple yet still appropriate for both daytime at the office and nighttime out with your closest girl friends. Pair with nude pumps!
Lissa made MEXX Assistant Buyer Tin wear something that matched her own outfit! It’s the same top from the previous picture, only in black. She paired it with a muted aztec print skirt and a bright cardigan for that extra touch of edginess that is so very Lissa!
Laureen styled Cinderella Marketing Manager Lana with a sexy-corporate-chic outfit. Black skinnies are my personal favorite staples in my closet, and Mexx had a lot of good ones that you can pair with anything. Laureen’s interpretation included a low-cut sheer floral-print button-down, and a dark gray blazer to balance out the sexiness of the blouse.
It was David’s first time to style a girl - how cute! <3 I loved the result - a masculine look in general but the belt made all the difference in the world since it highlighted the waist and gave the outfit a feminine silhouette. I’d totes wear this look! ESPRIT assistant buyer Anjelica looked pleased with her new look :)
Sadly, the trip had to come to an end, and it was time to say goodbye! It was such a fun trip though, and I’m happy I managed to convince myself to participate in blogger activities for once. Promised myself to be less anti-social this year, so I hope this is only the first of many events I can go to this year. *crosses fingers*
Thanks Mexx, Cinderella, Mercedes Benz, Mary Kay and CPK for taking care of us! Can’t wait to go on a shopping spree when the Shang store opens next month!
Sorry for the Instawillgoplaces delay! Anyhow, feast your eyes on plentiful food porn, travel photos and a couple of annoying photos of myself, teehee.
1) Really really really good Mac and Cheese and Truffle Pizza at one of my new favorite places to eat/hang out, Locale Gastrobar in Pasig. NOM.
2) Camwhoring in the dressing room at the Apartment 8 launch with Lissa, Camille, Patricia, Vern and Verniece.
3) Pigged out at Wildflour Café + Bakery with my boyfriend RG after a long day at The Mind Museum. Totally craving for all these right now. Can’t wait to go back!
4) MAC Ruby Woo lipstick and matching red nails! Sweater from Forever 21.
5) After getting a bangs trim and a blowdry at my usual salon. I should do this hairstyle more often…
6) Attended the Ateneo Bonfire as usual, to celebrate the 5th straight championship for the UAAP Basketball team! Boyfriend and I are both proud Ateneans :D
7) The first time I dyed my hair darker after a long time. It’s (Schwarzkopf) Igora Royal 5-65 on light brown, previously bleached hair. 7-65 for the non-bleached parts like roots. Baby steps to making the color even. It was frustrating when the color on my roots and the rest of my hair would fade differently, so my hairstylist decided to use two different colors (from the same family) then. Complex stuff.
8) BIG BANG concert! Definitely one of the highlights of 2012. <3 I made sure to schedule my flight to Hong Kong the next day and not on the day of the concert!
Went with my Juju, Calel and his girlfriend Farrah who is a huuuge K-pop fan. We both screamed our lungs out during the concert like crazy people, lol. Sadly can’t go to the DFKC but I’m still crossing my fingers for a solo SNSD concert or a possible SM Town Manila. :(
9) As soon as my friend Jee and I arrived in Hong Kong, we splurged on giant strawberries at the supermarket. Yum!
10) Hong Kong Disneyland with Jee! She bought the cutest Marie cat ears because she super loves cats, and I got myself a nice limited edition Halloween Minnie headband.
11) Benico x Hello Kitty Petit Macaron blushes in PM03 and PM04 in Sasa for about HKD99 each. Still using these blushes now, especially the purple/pink one.
12) Stocked up on some of my favorite lashes! Sasa, just come to Manila already! T_T
13) Had dinner with the family at UCC as soon as I came back to Manila! Absolutely in love with their seafood salad. Pricey but so good.
14) And yet another dinner with the family. This time at Italianni’s in Eastwood Mall. We all clearly missed each other too much. That, or we all have bottomless pits as stomachs.
15) Before I knew it, I was out of the country again! Here’s a pretty view of Jakarta.
16) Borobudur Temple!
17) Prambanan Temple!
18) The most adorable Alice in Wonderland stickers I found at a random stall in a mall in Jakarta. Alice and I have the same hair! :D
19) Japanese burger with truffle cream sauce at UMAMI in The Grove. My siblings and I also love going to this place for coffee and dessert! Try their sea salt caramel coffee. <3
20) The yummiest comfort food at Borough in The Podium with my family. Brooklyn Omelette, I love you forever.
21) Homemade paella made by my talented brother Calel!
22) Bangs! With Camille at the Apartment 8 Holiday Collection shoot.
23) My super sweet boyfriend surprised me with flowers the night before my birthday! He also baked a layered chocolate cookie dough and oreo cake which we both ate at midnight. He worked on it for 5 straight hours! Intense.
The perks of having a boyfriend who loves to cook and bake. I fail at everything related to the kitchen, lol.
24) I didn’t post this on Instagram but I just found this too cute not to share! I was taking my usual outfit photos in front of the mirror when he decided to photobomb me. :D
Pink and princess-y look while I still can. Dress is something I got in Korea a long time ago. Maybe I should schedule a trip to Seoul again this year…
25) He treated me to Wafu in Greenhills for my birthday lunch. So. Freaking. Good. I can eat Japanese food everyday.
26) Then we spent most of the night with the rest of my family at Mom and Tina’s. First time to treat all of them for my birthday instead of the usual. For the past 24 years it has always been my parents paying for everything but I wanted to give back by treating them out for dinner for once. Made me feel like an adult! :D
27) My dad surprised me with cake (which I ended up paying for also, lol) with a color scheme and design that matched the color of my top and the curls on my hair! 8D
28) Light make-up and shiny gold accents.
'Til next time! I'll probably do a separate entry for my December Instagram photos. Follow me @tgosingtian for live updates!