TWG Tea, the world’s finest tea brand, launches the Red Lantern Tea Mooncake Collection of eight intricately crafted tea-infused snowskin and traditional mooncakes!
My brother and I paid a visit to the TWG Tea in Shang recently to get a box of mooncakes for ourselves and the family.
I’m so happy that TWG Tea finally opened here in Manila. I used to always go to the ones in Ion Orchard and Marina Bay Sands whenever I went to Singapore. Now it has become so much easier to get my afternoon tea and macaron fix.
For the love of cherry blossom-themed anything. These made me miss Japan so much!
One of my favorite macaron flavors from TWG! You can’t go wrong with salted caramel.
My sweet tooth was very much satisfied. <3
Talk about food coma. After ordering a bunch of macarons, my brother and I couldn’t help but try the mooncakes out as well.
The first mooncake that we tried was Moonlight. It had such an interesting texture. I thought the addition of sesame seeds is genius… or maybe I’m just biased because I love sesame (black sesame, sesame oil, sesame seeds, etc.).
Some of the suggested tea pairings for this mooncake included Midsummer Night Tea, Number 12 Tea, Chocolate Tea, London Breakfast Tea, 1837 Black Tea, Vanilla Bourbon Tea, Napoleon Tea (one of my faves - I actually ordered it on ice as you can see in the photo), Earl Grey Gentleman, and Maharajah Darjeeling.
Salted caramel and Napoleon Tea are my TWG Tea weaknesses, so the Aurora mooncake was an absolute winner for me! I swear I could eat this everyday. I personally prefer the texture of snowskin mooncakes since they remind me so much of my favorite desserts, but the shelf life of traditional ones are much longer.
Suggested tea pairings include The Bellini Tea, Blue Lotus Tea, Weekend in Moscow Tea, Silver Moon Tea (in photo above), Creme Caramel (also one of my personal faves which I order on ice), English Breakfast Tea, New York Breakfast Tea, Brother’s Club Tea and Singapore Breakfast Tea.
TWG Tea mooncakes are entirely handmade fresh daily by their master pâtissiers, using only the purest, noble ingredients and accented with the myriad of flavors and aromas of their signature teas.
TWG Tea offers a set of four Traditional Mooncakes that retails at P2,088, while a set of four Snowskin Mooncakes retails at P2,188.
Both are elegantly available in the Red Lantern Mooncake gift box. Each mooncake in an individual Red Lantern Mooncake gift box retails at P468 and P498 for Traditional and Snowskin Mooncakes respectively.
Below are the description of the mooncakes in case you’re interested in buying for the upcoming Mid-Autumn Festival!
TWG Tea Traditional Mooncakes
Red Lantern - Wrapped in a perfectly baked golden brown crust, the delightful surprise of mixed almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia and pecans enveloped in a smooth lotus paste infused with the illuminating combination of jasmine, exotic fruits and sweet spices of Red Lantern Tea.
Emperor - An opulent representation of the Yin and Yang, this elegant golden brown crust embraces the harmonious balance of a luscious red bean paste adorning a delicate and aromatic Matcha Nara heart, whisked from the most prestigious tea estate in Japan.
Constellation - This iconic signature of mid-autumn festival holds within a golden crust a smooth and elegant Singapore Breakfast Tea infused brown lotus filling, a scattering of roasted melon seeds and an embedded salted egg yolk heart. A timeless favourite.
Moonlight - Encased in a lavish, brown crust, this exquisite TWG Tea mooncake is filled with smooth black sesame paste infused with Pu-Erh Prestige and sprinkled with black and white sesame seeds, enveloping an aromatic sesame paste heart.
TWG Tea Snowskin Mooncakes
Aurora - Perfectly sun-kissed yellow snowskin mooncake heralds the arrival of radiant mid-autumn days ahead, filled with salted caramel mousse infused with Napoleon Tea and a refreshing surprise of pear marmalade encased in a white chocolate heart.
Serenity - Adorned in a paradise blue snowskin, this alluring mooncake brings in the calm tides of a tropical oasis, filled with a classic kaya mousse infused with Vanilla Bourbon Tea, delicately graced by coconut crisps sprinkled around a strawberry filled white chocolate heart.
Pure - An ethereal satin white snowskin mooncake encases a smooth milk chocolate mousse infused with fruit and flowery notes of 1837 White Tea, revealing a heart of tangy blackcurrant marmalade and white chocolate.
Illumination - Concealed in a black snowskin, this exquisite mooncake reveals a brilliant composition of a light nutty praline infused with signature 1837 Black Tea and an oriental burst of glowing orange marmalade in a white chocolate heart.
Obligatory teapot selfie.
TWG Tea is only offering the mooncakes this August until September 12th, so do pay them a visit soon! The Mid-Autumn/Mooncake Festival is already on September 8th.
TWG Tea can be found in Greenbelt 5, Resorts World Manila, Rockwell Power Plant Mall, Shangri-La Plaza East Wing, Century City Mall and Central Square, Bonifacio Global City (opening today, August 20)
The last time I did a post like this one was August? I’m a horrible blogger! I’m really starting to hate myself for not continuing a lot of stuff this year because I got so busy with my book. Promise to bring back my MOFWs this 2014. I’ll also be updating my blog with the rest of my Instagram posts in the next couple of weeks.
3 months have passed since these pictures and I’ve already forgotten I ever posted some of these on the platform, lol. This has officially transformed into a memory test because I have to remember everything again. At least I can cheat by scrolling down my Instafeed and checking all the captions one by one. This is why social media rocks.
September was one of my most stressful months of the year because I was working double-time on my book, in preparation for the October launch. It was also my hair transformation month and that time when I went to Hong Kong with Crissey!
2) Received this crazy awesome Nordstrom make-up set from Gabrielle Online Shop. I love all the neutrals on the left. I have yet to muster up the courage to use brighter colors on my eyelids haha the colors on the right remain unused for now.
3) Caramel overload with caramel macchiato and caramel belgian waffle from Starbucks!
4) That moment when I started doing Korean-style make-up because I fell in love with Stylenanda’s Park Sora.
5) The cutest, most useful camera bags for my 5D Mk II, 350D and Instax mini 7s. All gifts from Izzo Shop!
6) Thanks to Hot Mess for the top!
7) High Street Central bathroom selfie with Crissey!
8) Sorelle Accessories made me a customized necklace! I’ve always wanted one of these!
9) Ganso Shabuway with the fam bam.
10) My favorite sea salt caramel latte from Umami Hambaagu House. Also, September was also the month when I clearly became obsessed with Ngi Ngi stamps.
11) I didn’t post this on my own Instagram but I took the photo. Crissey posted it on her Instagram! Too funny not to post. Love you forevs, bb
12) The view from The Peak in Hong Kong!
13) Crissey and I went shopping at the MURUA at The One! We always ogle at Momoko Ogihara’s Instagram because we love her style so much! I am also now official LINE, Twitter and Instagram friends with Asami Kotake huhu she’s wonderful
14) OOTD time with Crissey! We didn’t plan our outfits and we ended up being all matchy matchy and couple-like. This is the power of Trissey!
15) Laduree macaron nom nom noms.
16) Limited edition leopard print boxes at Laduree. Fierce stuff.
17) A foretelling of the future! This was one of the earliest moments this year when I started drawing my brows darker and skipped the blonde eyebrow pencil and mascara.
18) Boots I got from H&M in Hong Kong. H&M Philippines, I can’t wait for you to arrive already! 2014, please come sooner!
19) After my major hair transformation. Check out all that hair. Looks monstrous.
20) The hairstylist responsible for my short haircut and red hair! Tweet Chay here!
I wish I could say I didn’t know why I looked so haggard during that time but I knew exactly why, lol. It all seems funny and trivial now but I was literally not getting any sleep as I was constantly working on my book!
21) Short, red hair inspired by Sulli’s Ceci cover! A lot of the Japanese neo-gals I follow also have dark hair now!
22) Just G’s September collection. I wore the military print jacket in an outfit post.
23) Posting because my hair looked pretty good here *smug face* lol
24) My first photo with Bailey since I cut my hair short!
25) Modeling a new SNSD x Baby-G watch from Time Depot!
26) All the CANMAKE goodies I got from the make-up tutorial I did for them and Candy magazine! The foundation and powder are winners. I brought them both with me to my US trip! I can’t be caught dead without the powder nowadays too.
27) At the Summit Media office checking the final proofs of my book! I still can’t believe it happened. Thanks to all those who supported my book! It’s been on the best sellers list for 2 consecutive months now.
28) Always feels so good to come home to this giant baby.
April was the time when I went to Osaka, Kyoto and Nara, but for some reason I didn’t really bother documenting other stuff that happened during the rest of the month. But I took a ton of pictures of food, which officially makes April my ultimate pig-out month so far. Even in Japan, I was eating like every 3 hours or so, lol.
My IG is @tgosingtian btw!
1) Obligatory selfie to start this post! What’s Instagram without annoying selfies?
2) My favorite salad from La Creperie. IT HAS EGG AND BACON. NOM
3) Nachos from Friday’s because le boyfriend loves nachos in general and could probably eat them everyday.
4) Ramen at Kichitora of Tokyo
5) Apple pie, most chocolate cake, black sesame and salted caramel ice cream!
6) I can’t remember what happened during this day but all I know is that I ordered pizza. And it was good.
7) Sleepy dog! (Follow Bailey on IG @mybebebailey)
8) Massive Hiroshima Oysters at Marufuku!
9) This was just 2 months ago when Bailey was still sooo small! Now she is 36 pounds or so!
10) Thanks to @crownedvelvet on IG for these cases!
11) Le Bunny Bleu is finally in Manila thanks to Yhansy!
12) Wonderful dinner at TWG. Spinach Fettuccini and TWG Tea Salad.
13) Macarons in all colors! At TWG
14) The most adorable nail polish, thanks to Rin of Luscious Closet (@lusciouscloset on IG)
15) My cousin Gilainne got married! <3
16) Flowers for the bridesmaids and sponsors
17) Took this picture of her right after she got ready! Blooming!
18) With her new husband Justin! Congratulations guys!
19) Touchdown Osaka!
20) Had okonomiyaki as my first meal as soon as I landed in the airport.
21) Osaka Castle!
22) Buy all the lashes in Japan! (I have a fear of running out of false lashes for some reason so I tend to splurge on a lot whenever I can)
23) Selfie! Pink cheeks and pink lips!
24) Make-up close-up.
25) Yummy beef at Morita-ya in Kyoto.
28) My last meal in Osaka, huhu.
29) Wore my Casio Sheen watch at the airport. Got it from Time Depot.
30) Thanks to Mariah of @bluedotpastries on IG for the cupcakes!
31) Went to Starbucks and the barista put this smiley on my drink! Cute!
32) My own pair from the new Keds x Taylor Swift collection! Thanks @KedsPH on IG!
33) Summer feel selfie!
34) Got these goodies from Kate Spade Saturday in Japan! Huu, I wish they’d open in other parts of Asia too. ;_;
35) WOODCEPTION! I got this iPhone case for my boyfriend somewhere in Shinsaibashi. Made from real wood! :D
1) First dibs! Got these ob for shu uemura products at the intimate event they held to launch these adorable limited edition goodies.
3) Macarons at Bar Dolci.
4) Wrong Ramen at Burgos Circle, The Fort.
5) 8 scoops of this Chocolate Earthquake from Swensen’s. Shared this with my ice-cream loving friends, and finished this bowl in 5 minutes.
6) Fuss-free all-black outfit on a busy errands day! Black oversized top and leggings from Topshop.
7) One of my ESPRIT looks!
8) Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen at the new Shangri-la East Wing.
9) Finally cut my hair short! My hair was too damaged that I couldn’t go out without curling it (and further damaging it in the process) or hiding the damaged parts in a bun. Ugh. At one point, I couldn’t comb through the ends anymore so I had no choice but to cut it all off. Coincidentally, I was obsessing over long bobs for so long (thus the fluffy wig in my outfit photos last month) that the 7 or so inch cut didn’t hurt too bad.
I’m currently a new and loyal customer at Park Jun’s in Glorietta! A nice Korean girl named Lena cuts and colors my hair now. This is where I also buy my new MUCOTA (Japanese brand) shampoo, conditioner and hair treatment. So far it’s been wonderful in reviving my close-to-dying hair.
How did I achieve this hair length? I had saved photos of my girl crush Olivia Palermo’s long bob (or “lob”) on my phone! Showed it to Lena and she got it instantly. I was so happy. It was all so cathartic too.
As of this writing, it’s about 1 1/2 inches shorter, thanks to Rumiringo and Rui Kotobuki inspiration <3
10) With my brother’s girlfriend Farrah who is just the cutest girl ever! <3
11) At the Lacoste L!ve event with David and Lissa. DAVID’S JACKET, I COVET.
12) Reunited and it feels so good. Not an entirely new combination of bloggers, if you’ve been following my blog for a while now. Comment if this group looks familiar :)
13) Wearing my book print top and jelly bag from Lacoste L!ve.
14) Chanel Fatal Rouge polish thanks to I Do Nails and Chapi Green lenses from Japanese Candy. I’m always wearing pink blush and pink lipstick now. I can’t remember the last time I opted for coral or red…
15) With Kana Odawara-Evangelista (our translator), Yoshio Koiwai, Youhei Harada, Shudai Shiota, Daisuke Hashimoto, Katsuya Inagaki and Yuuga Suzuki! HAKUHODO (with TNC, Inc.) conducted an interview about lifestyle and trends among young people, and in my case, they focused more on fashion, cosmetics, travels, and the other things that I write here on my blog!
We also talked about my previous trips to Japan, and how I found out about Japanese culture and fashion. One of them ended up singing the first line to L’arc’s The Fourth Avenue Cafe when I mentioned how my older brothers have been fans for as long as I can remember.
16) Thanks to @crownedvelvet and @quirky_minds (on IG) for these iPhone cases!
17) US Ribeye and oyster teppanyaki at Akira in the new Shangri-la East Wing! Shang has always been my favorite mall ever since I was a kid, and my family often goes there for dinner or shopping. Most of the time I would bump into Crissey as well because it’s also her family’s favorite hangout!
18) Picked this baby girl up from a trusted labrador breeder outside Manila. Welcome to the Gosingtian family, baby Bailey! We had to think of a name that started with the letter B as Bailey’s parents’ names also started with the same letter. My brother’s initial suggestion was to name her Bog. Bog the dog, lol. I was like, “No way! It’s totally not a cute girl name!” :( (edit: or even a name fit for anyone or anything that is as cute as this)
So I named our first family dog Bailey. Our driver called her Billy Joe when he first thought it was a boy. Then he changed it to Billie Jean when he found out it was a girl, hahaha
Everyone’s attention is now focused on her. <3
19) Macarons at Bizu!
20) And yet another heavy dinner at Borough. Where I order the same thing. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Darn it, Brooklyn Omelette. Why do you have to be so good? My cholesterol is not pleased.
21) Just one of those lazy, minimal make-up days…
22) ONIONS. ONIONS EVERYWHERE! Had dinner with the family at Lugang in Greenhills. My dad’s choice, of course! Chinese cuisine is my least favorite but…
23) …xiao long bao is my only exception. <3
24) I keep doing this pose now. Sad attempt to show off my current nail colors and arm/finger candy at the same time, heehee
25) Bailey after one week with us. My mom has been so patient and loving with her, which I think can buy me and my siblings some time before she starts talking about grandchildren.
Of course, most of Bailey’s stuff are pink. Even her first water bowl was a cute heart-shaped pink one that she absolutely loved playing with. And you know how all labradors love water… (we eventually got her one of those water bottle dispenser things that you attach to her crate so it’s easier and a lot less messy)
26) Ended the month of March with a giant plate of sashimi. <3
1) Celebrated my boyfriend RG's birthday at Draft in Rockwell! Had this yummy meal all to myself while he ordered a scrumptious burger. NOM
2) Salmon sashimi at Marufuku in Ortigas.
3) Macarons at Chez Karine in Serendra.
5) Squinty eyes and pretty plants on a very sunny day. L-R: me (lol my legs are so landi), Tracy, Teptep, Kim and Krissy
6) Awesome double rainbow after a perfect weekend getaway with your equally perfect friends.
7) Celebrated my eldest twin brothers Chase and Juju’s birthday at Nanbantei at High Street Central. SO MUCH FOOD, DECEMBER. A few weeks prior to this occasion, I also celebrate my birthday on November 24 while my youngest brother celebrates it on November 27. Then it’s my boyfriend’s turn on December 3, before my brothers who celebrate theirs on December 10. Yep, we’re all Sagittarius.
8) Wearing my Baby-G x Ke$ha watch from Time Depot.
9) Had a shoot for ETC’s Etcetera with fellow bloggers Camille and Laureen! Thanks to all those who tweeted me good stuff about it. Actually, there were even some people who thought it was going to be a weekly thing. Huu, sorry guys. I wish it were possible to just do those cutesy videos on TV and NEVER speak, lol.
10) Got sent ProStyle Fuwarie hair styling mists right after it became available here in Manila. I’ve been using this for quite a while now (check out my Beauty Must-Haves post last January 2012) and I’m so happy they’re finally here! The one who brought it to the Philippines discovered it on my blog first. :D
11) Wearing my Haute Lifestyle dress for my boyfriend’s cousin’s wedding.
12) My favorite Brooklyn Omelette from Borough in The Podium.
13) With my niece Zoe at my grandparents’ (her great grandparents’) house for Christmas Day lunch.
14) Pizza and drinks at Locale Gastropub in City Golf with my boyfriend the night before I flew to Japan.
15) My happy self after arriving at our hotel room in Fukuoka. Wearing a JEANASIS sweater which was a gift from my boyfriend from the Collect Point in Singapore.
16) My fashion bibles! (SCawaii not in picture)
17) Ippudo ramen right after dropping our stuff at the hotel.
18) Okonomiyaki in Hiroshima!
19) Floating Torii in Miyajima!
20) Got myself the Vanilla Onyx body mist from MURUA! The other two I gave to my friends as late Christmas presents.
21) Wearing new purchases! EGOIST bag, SpRay jacket, CECIL McBEE sweater
22) Ramen again! From one of the restaurants in Ramen Stadium Canal City.
23) The cutest bath stuff at Tokyu Hands at Hakata Station. <3
24) Still at Tokyu Hands. TOY CAMERA HEAVEN! I got myself a Megane Cam but I wish I had all the money in the world to buy everything, lol. And I wish I already knew that I was going to get an Instax from my boyfriend for our anniversary in January because they had a complete row just dedicated to Fuji film.
25) Spotted these luxurious-looking macarons at one of my favorite places, the food section of Hankyu department store. The packaging and the colors make them look so precious.
26) Ichigo overload. It’s not too evident in the photo but these are HUGE. And insanely expensive!
27) The Japanese have the best food presentations ever! Everything is so cute, you wouldn’t want to ruin them by digging in!
28) Added one more CANMAKE blush to my already growing collection of Japanese brand blushes. The other one I gave to Crissey as a late Christmas gift. Gave in to consumerism and got myself this limited edition Hello Kitty eyelash glue just because the packaging was too cute to resist.
29) New rings from L.CHANGE at Canal City. Unfortunately, my favorite one on the right recently got lost/stolen/IDK. :( So I’m really careful with the other rings now.
30) My last meal in Japan. :( BRING ME BACKKK
While having lunch with Crissey (who gave me these adorable Tous Les Jour macarons) at La Creperie, I brought out one of my digital toy cameras for us to play with. In the end, iPhone quality is still a million times better, but once in a while it’s overly fun to do that lomo concept where you don’t get to see the pictures until you have the film developed, or in this case, until you plug the camera into your computer. This kind of photo quality reminds me of my old Kodak Easyshare from way back 2004. But at least that camera had a viewfinder, haha. Suddenly I’m extra grateful for that.
SO I’m trying to get back into the habit of taking pictures of things other than fashion. Thankfully iPhoneography and Instagram have been constant reminders. I started my Internet presence doing something similar to this post, and I never want to let go. Just very spontaneous and candid. Nothing too contrived. It is so easy to continue with what’s popular or what sells the most, but it feels absolutely horrible when you realize that you’re losing a little bit of yourself along the way. I will not lose this personal side of my blog ever (again). I will remain steadfast.