Every year I have that one magical dress that I declare my Christmas dress. I went for black and gold last year, and this year, I’m sticking to classic Christmas rose red but skipping the gold accessories for some unpredictable white crystals, sterling silver and mother of pearl instead. I swear Morellato always comes out with the most convenient jewelry sets, and this one is no exception. Similar items are placed together in the store, making it so easy to visualize the combination and pick a complete set out.
The consecutive Christmas gatherings these past few days are slowly exhausting me - I had to take a 10 minute power nap before writing this just so I could produce anything that’s remotely close to cohesive - but the fact that it’s my most favorite time of the year is resonating too strongly. The body is weak but the spirit is willing. Thanks to what I’m wearing, at least it doesn’t seem too obvious.
Follow Morellato Philippines on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Visit Morellato at SM North The BLOCK, Shangri-la Mall New Wing, SM City Clark, Abreeza Mall Davao, Ayala Center Cebu, Landmark Trinoma, Veranza KCC Mall Gensan and soon SM Mega Mall Building D.
There is never enough red for me nowadays! After braving the transition from blonde/brown to red/red-violet dye, I really feel certain that my sudden obsession with the color has a deeper morning to it, rather than it just being a shallow and fleeting fancy. 2013 is definitely my year of major change and adjustment, and changing hairstyles only marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I attended a much-needed recollection/retreat a day before my birthday, and it made me realize how silly I’ve been, stressing over issues that I can’t change and being paralyzed by the fear of not being able to get it all together once I reach a particular age.
I was asked to reflect upon two things - the first was my best 2013 moment, and the second was my most difficult challenge. And I had the same answer for both. It was the idea of growing up, which eventually turned into the acceptance of it. This most fulfilling moment was strangely also my most challenging moment, and it made all the sense in the world. Overcoming major hurdles, realizing things you’ve never had to think about before, and understanding your place in the world little by little, even when life gets hard, are all factors in making a moment truly great and wonderful. Well, at least for me. I don’t think I would’ve been able to say these things if I turned all weird and acted like a teenager forever.
Turning a quarter of a century old? I used to dread it but now I love it. I used to think that 20-21 is a good age to be stuck in forever, but… no. 25 is the age to be.
Anyhow, this is more or less the kind of story that Morellato is always on the lookout for. Every month, they have giveaways (from gift certificates to actual watches and products) that ask for inspiring stories. Last October, they asked for stories about special family bonding moments, and when and how you put a smile on someone’s face. This month, it was about how you are able to effectively manage your time. For December, it’s time to tell them about your wedding story! Click here to join! Deadline of entries is on December 6th!
Want my accessories? Visit Morellato at SM North The BLOCK, Shangri-la Mall New Wing, SM City Clark, Abreeza Mall Davao, Ayala Center Cebu, Landmark Trinoma, Veranza KCC Mall Gensan and soon SM Mega Mall Building D.
White on white with a hint of rose gold always makes for a clean, classic look. I haven’t been wearing these kinds of outfits recently but all the pretty S/S 2014 collections made me temporarily drop my favorite dark hues.
I’ve had this dress in my closet for a while now but never really got to properly wear it out until now because I felt like it was too plain to wear on its own without any accessories.
If I wanted some contrast, I would’ve worn the black version of this Morellato jewelry watch set (it exists), but I wanted to do something high key for a change. What do you think?
I personally love the pop of white accessories against the white dress, especially since I’m not too fond of wearing anything too loud. I’ll just let my hair color and plum lipstick do all the talking!
Morellato’s got some really nice watches to complement their accessories. Obsessed with the subtle crescent moon on this one!
One day, I’m wearing matching tops and bottoms. The next day, I’m wearing matching jewelry. Everything has to match nowadays - it’s how I’ve been coping with all the stress and chaos that’s been happening recently! Hopefully things start settling down after this week. It’s somewhat confirmed that the launch of my book will be on October 10th, and I’m hoping you guys can go! Rare Tricia Pokemon sighting with probable book signing bonus. Details on time and date to follow.
I’ll also be flying to Tokyo after the launch, so… yay 2013 for proving itself to be yet another awesome year. I blame it on my fundamentally pessimistic self for never having extremely high expectations in life, but because of this I’m always genuinely surprised whenever the world conspires to keep my career in check. Thank God and thank all of the people who have supported me throughout my online life. *shiny eyes*
Back to the outfit, I just learned that whoever gave me these shoes named this style after me. Or not. Maybe the owner has a sister or a pet cat named Tricia. Either way, with the holidays slowly approaching, gold glitters are must-haves.
Or anything gold, for that matter. I recently got this cute heart necklace, earrings and bracelet set from Morellato, and I love it to bits as it matches all my gold hardware bags and gold shoes perfectly. And similar to my opinion about matching top and bottoms, sets are convenient because you don’t need to think of what to pair them with anymore, already paired together.
If there’s any kind of jewelry that deserves to be on the spotlight this spring/summer, it’s rose gold. While it’s not as classic as gold or silver, the pinkish hue makes for a unique, stylish statement and a good conversation piece. I think it’s generally more popular in Europe than any other place in the world, but thanks to the team that brought Italian brand Morellato to the Philippines, we can now enjoy European jewelry trends without having to fly all the way there!
Rose gold is considered to be one of the most flattering jewelry colors, able to match fair to dark skin tones and even help the skin look more glowing. Recently, rose gold engagement rings have also been trending among couples! I can see why some girls would prefer rose gold rings - they are non-traditional yet ultra-feminine, and certain stones apparently look better paired with rose gold. The awareness for it just isn’t very high, so I’m blogging about it to hopefully encourage a bit of metal variety in everyone’s jewelry boxes. (Though I’m pretty sure you’ve heard of rose gold hardware if you’re an avid bag collector.)
Morellato recently came out with a series of rose gold jewelry that I just needed to have! Sometimes wearing too many intricate and chunky accessories all at the same time makes me feel uncomfortable and overdressed, but these fit right in my basic standards!
And don’t you think the butterfly theme is absolutely darling? There is no better theme to pair with girly, floral print summer dresses.
And this watch. How can you not love this watch? This is my second or third rose gold+white watch, and I don’t think I’ll ever stop loving the combination. It manages to look clean and elegant without that screaming LOOK AT ME factor that some watches have. Both casual and dressy, it can actually be a worthy investment.
Follow Morellato Philippines on Facebook and Twitter. Morellato can be found at SM North EDSA The Block, but will soon be opening in Shangri-la East Wing too. Excited because all my faves have been opening in this mall lately!
Thanks to RG Gabunada for the photos.
Almost three months overdue, but not entirely irrelevant yet! May was a special month. I went on a sponsored trip to Tokyo, thanks to EMODA, but I also stuffed myself with so much food, it’s surprising I haven’t doubled my weight yet considering my no-diet, no-exercise lazy ass lifestyle. Thanks mom for the metabolism. FOR NOW!
Also, my IG is @tgosingtian and I use Afterlight or Camera 360 for most of my photos. Will make an updated post on the photography apps that I use soon! Keep an eye out for that!
Warning, food porn ahead!
1) Fatty but awesome ramen from Mitsuyado Sei-men along Jupiter! Met up with the girls of Stores Specialists Inc (SSI) to discuss some collabs!
God, I can’t even begin to imagine what I’ll do with all my iPhone 4S cases once I upgrade to a higher model. My current iPhone still works perfectly so I’ll wait for iPhone 6 to come out, I guess!
3) Brotzeit at Shang! Thanks to my brother Calel for introducing this place to us!
4) Because I ran out of Ramune Pink a long time ago, I got myself a new one back when I was in Osaka/Kyoto. The new packaging is a touchy subject, as a lot of people prefer the old one better. Me? I’m part of the very few who prefer this one than the black/silver one with stripes. I’m very partial to black/gold.
5) My default flats nowadays. Pointy shoes have a certain sophisticated feel to them, and I love Poppy Red Shoes for making these weaved ones available for all of us girls to enjoy!
6) Because Kozui (along Tomas Morato) will always be one of my favorites EVER. I really wish they’d open more branches.
7) Paid a visit to the new Morellato in SM North Edsa and got to customize my own bracelets! I had so much fun mixing and matching a whole selection of charms.
8) Annoying selfie! I liked my make-up here so I had to. I almost never wing my eyeliner nowadays, but I used to be so addicted to this extreme style the last few months!
9) Yummy oysters at Locale Gastropub in City Golf.
10) My fave Sea Salt Caramel Latte from Umami at The Grove.
11) My first hearty (because of the bowl) not-so-hearty (because of the size) meal in Narita Airport. Most of the restaurants were already closed by the time my brother and I arrived.
12) OOTD! SLY dress, Lowrys Farm denim jacket, and INGNI headband. Not in photo: black Converse hi-tops!
13) Straight bangs and side bangs! Had pasta dinner with pretty Camille and EMODA’s Kumiko somewhere in Shibuya before the touchMe show.
14-15) OOTDs! EMODA everything. Even iPhone case.
16) My kind of accessories. GYDA bracelet, L.CHANCE rings. All from Japan!
17) Another selfie. Tried out the hair chalk / soft pastels that Glam Effect sent me. Pretty cool but super drying! I’ll stick to photoshopping ombres!
18) Burger Mac & Cheese from Torch in Greenhills! Cast iron mac and cheese served with US Angus Beef patty, OMG.
19) Thanks SNS Accessories for the love and heart rings! Chanel Pearl Drop and Emprise on my nails.
20) OOTD! Dress from PINZA Shibuya 109.
21) Another selfie! EMODA top and earrings.
22) NY Cheescake and milk tea from Subspace Coffee House in Ortigas. Rg and I love hanging out at this dainty Korean cafe! If you’re a fan of K-pop, I’m pretty sure you’ll recognize all the songs that they play here. :) Sometimes they even do latte art inspired by certain boy/girl groups!
23) Vidakush sent me these perfect knuckle rings! Simple, just the way I like my accessories.
24) That awkward moment when I started to not look like myself. My hair went back to blonde over time, and my bangs? Non-existent! Gives off a mature feel, yes?
Got a haircut soon after because my forehead felt naked and I got so conscious when I looked at the mirror and found myself looking like my age (or even older). Bangs can really add to a more youthful appearance. Can I just look 18 forever? Lol
25) Started the month with food, and ended it with food. Happy Wildflour opened in Podium recently! So near where I live <3 Tried their apple pie and latte. Both were lovely!