First time in a long time to wear creepers, and I’m still a little on the fence about them. I often see Luanna from Lookbook rocking them so naturally, pairing them with her effortless punk, grudge style that I could only wish to pull off. I do love that they give a much-appreciated height boost without sacrificing on comfort and that the thick soles make them perfect for cold weather dressing, but I still prefer sleeker, more sophisticated footwear that can give my legs a more svelte silhouette.
Anyhow, one day, I just thought it would be cute to wear a more cutesy, not-so-badass outfit with these shoes. Of course, there had to be cats involved.
This was my Christmas Day outfit! Decided last minute that I didn’t want to wear red because I already exceeded my self-imposed red quota last December. So hipster of me to take the less popular option. There’s a little bit of gold, at least?
I spent most of Christmas Day with my mom’s side of the family. It’s all a blur now because I can’t remember doing anything else but eat every few minutes. And Mario Kart (of course).
Day ended with a perfect Christmas dinner with the boyfriend Rg. I don’t know how I ever got to this point where I remember my days by the food that I eat. Holidaze.
I can’t be any more cliche than this. Only 4 days left before Christmas and I can’t help but inject some red into my monochromatic wardrobe. It’s such a festive color!
All of these outfits feature EMODA items, which makes me wonder if I have too many EMODA in my closet, lol. Besides shopping in Japan and HK, I’m also always ordering from their global webstore. They just started their End of Season Sale yesterday, and I was able to get some items that were 70% off!
I keep promising myself to not shop for anything before my Taiwan trip in January, but I can’t keep still when there are all sorts of good deals around me!
Finally got my hands on these iconic MURUA shoes from their 2013 A/W collection, thanks to the ever fabulous MURUA PR girl Asami Kotake who sent over a box of MURUA goodies straight from Japan. Merry Christmas to me! Cue fireworks! I am absolutely in love! 2013, you still continue to surprise me. <3
MURUA producer and Japanese fashion icon/trendsetter Momoko Ogihara wore these shoes to the touchMe show last May, and included them in some of her Instagram posts. I also spotted a number of Shibuya girls sporting them when I went to Tokyo last October, but failed to get a pair for myself because they were already sold out due to popular demand! I could totally see why, when I got to fit my own pair. The height seems ridiculously high, but they are surprisingly very comfortable to walk in and they make legs look super long and thin. Now, who wouldn’t want that?
I’m half-dreading, half-looking forward to my Taiwan trip this January, because I know MURUA has a store there… and I never go out of a MURUA store without buying anything! MURUA, stop being so charming!
The last time I did a post like this one was August? I’m a horrible blogger! I’m really starting to hate myself for not continuing a lot of stuff this year because I got so busy with my book. Promise to bring back my MOFWs this 2014. I’ll also be updating my blog with the rest of my Instagram posts in the next couple of weeks.
3 months have passed since these pictures and I’ve already forgotten I ever posted some of these on the platform, lol. This has officially transformed into a memory test because I have to remember everything again. At least I can cheat by scrolling down my Instafeed and checking all the captions one by one. This is why social media rocks.
September was one of my most stressful months of the year because I was working double-time on my book, in preparation for the October launch. It was also my hair transformation month and that time when I went to Hong Kong with Crissey!
2) Received this crazy awesome Nordstrom make-up set from Gabrielle Online Shop. I love all the neutrals on the left. I have yet to muster up the courage to use brighter colors on my eyelids haha the colors on the right remain unused for now.
3) Caramel overload with caramel macchiato and caramel belgian waffle from Starbucks!
4) That moment when I started doing Korean-style make-up because I fell in love with Stylenanda’s Park Sora.
5) The cutest, most useful camera bags for my 5D Mk II, 350D and Instax mini 7s. All gifts from Izzo Shop!
6) Thanks to Hot Mess for the top!
7) High Street Central bathroom selfie with Crissey!
8) Sorelle Accessories made me a customized necklace! I’ve always wanted one of these!
9) Ganso Shabuway with the fam bam.
10) My favorite sea salt caramel latte from Umami Hambaagu House. Also, September was also the month when I clearly became obsessed with Ngi Ngi stamps.
11) I didn’t post this on my own Instagram but I took the photo. Crissey posted it on her Instagram! Too funny not to post. Love you forevs, bb
12) The view from The Peak in Hong Kong!
13) Crissey and I went shopping at the MURUA at The One! We always ogle at Momoko Ogihara’s Instagram because we love her style so much! I am also now official LINE, Twitter and Instagram friends with Asami Kotake huhu she’s wonderful
14) OOTD time with Crissey! We didn’t plan our outfits and we ended up being all matchy matchy and couple-like. This is the power of Trissey!
15) Laduree macaron nom nom noms.
16) Limited edition leopard print boxes at Laduree. Fierce stuff.
17) A foretelling of the future! This was one of the earliest moments this year when I started drawing my brows darker and skipped the blonde eyebrow pencil and mascara.
18) Boots I got from H&M in Hong Kong. H&M Philippines, I can’t wait for you to arrive already! 2014, please come sooner!
19) After my major hair transformation. Check out all that hair. Looks monstrous.
20) The hairstylist responsible for my short haircut and red hair! Tweet Chay here!
I wish I could say I didn’t know why I looked so haggard during that time but I knew exactly why, lol. It all seems funny and trivial now but I was literally not getting any sleep as I was constantly working on my book!
21) Short, red hair inspired by Sulli’s Ceci cover! A lot of the Japanese neo-gals I follow also have dark hair now!
22) Just G’s September collection. I wore the military print jacket in an outfit post.
23) Posting because my hair looked pretty good here *smug face* lol
24) My first photo with Bailey since I cut my hair short!
25) Modeling a new SNSD x Baby-G watch from Time Depot!
26) All the CANMAKE goodies I got from the make-up tutorial I did for them and Candy magazine! The foundation and powder are winners. I brought them both with me to my US trip! I can’t be caught dead without the powder nowadays too.
27) At the Summit Media office checking the final proofs of my book! I still can’t believe it happened. Thanks to all those who supported my book! It’s been on the best sellers list for 2 consecutive months now.
28) Always feels so good to come home to this giant baby.
Thanks to Access Travel and Tours for making this trip possible! I had so much fun that I had to split this travel diary into 2 parts, which is a pretty crazy thing because Crissey and I were just in Hong Kong for 3 days. We flew in first thing in the morning on our 1st day, and took the last flight out to Manila on our 3rd day. One of the nicest short vacations I’ve had in a long time!
Because Hong Kong’s McCafe was so fancy, we just had to try it. Crissey and I both love strawberry shortcake so we shared a slice (#TrisseyForevs) and enjoyed iced coffee before heading off to the mall for some major shopping.
Eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-ehhh Tsuen Wan. You better ring the alarm. LOL
Freaky poster at Jordan Station. We had to pass by it everyday. LIFE, WHY YOU DO THIS
Splurged at our favorite Sasa in Tsim Sha Tsui. The smaller Sasa stores get super cramped, but this one is an exception. SO MUCH SPACE
I already blogged about The One mall in my last Hong Kong post, but I can’t not drop by this place. I need to check out my favorite Japanese brands!
Spotted SNSD x Baby-G!
Miffy chocolates! Too cute to eat!
earth music&ecology finally opened in The One mall!
Usually the highlight of my trips to Hong Kong is EMODA. They had pink and white coordinates on display, which made me think that whoever dressed this mannequin up probably already knew about the S/S 14 collection beforehand!
The EMODA and MURUA stores are connected, making it so much harder to resist shopping. Crissey and I got matching MURUA tops. We dropped by MURUA twice because the current collection was too pretty.
Houndstooth love at Royal Party!
Pageboy had the cutest suspender skirts/shorts!
The most adorable onesies! Wish we had these back in Manila!
Lowry’s Farm, Jeanasis, etc. at Collect Point in Miramall, that place in between The One Mall and Miramar Shopping Center. Had the time of my life choosing cute pencil skirts for F/W!
You may have already seen me wearing this top on my Instagram before. I knew I had to get it as soon as I laid my eyes on it. Positive vibes + the year of my birth (1988)
SLY, moussy, snidel, Liz Lisa, etc. are all in Miramar Shopping Center.
snidel, why do you always have to be so perfect!
When Crissey and I shop together, it gets very dangerous.
EXO first thing in the morning!
Went to Harbour City early and took outfit shots. Wore an Aland top, Jeanasis skirt, Yesstyle sneakers, and a Proenza Schouler bag. This was also my airport outfit as we were flying back to Manila that evening.
Would wear this in a heartbeat.
Saint Laurent, I love you.
That moment when I found out Style Nanda was opening in i.t. Silvercord and I was 2 weeks too early. Talk about wrong timing!
Because Costume National is always relevant.
When in Harbour City, eat Laduree macarons! I’m so happy there’s Laduree everywhere now so you don’t have to fly all the way to Paris anymore just to get a Laduree fix.
The Laduree charms Crissey and I contemplated on buying, but they were sooo expensive we figured we might as well buy other stuff with the amount.
But these are still haunting us until now. Maybe we should’ve gotten them after all! The pink/blue and mint/lavender ones were perfect for Crissey, while I took a liking to these two darker color schemes.
Ended up spending our money on real macarons. Trissey stomachs are bottomless pits, I tell you.
One of my favorite quotes.
SLY in Harbour City!
Lucky for us, the Mari Kim exhibit was still going on! We originally planned on going to Hong Kong in August, but had to move our flight to September. We were scheduled to fly the day the airport runways got flooded by habagat. Yikes.
I wanted to go so badly to this exhibit and feared mid-September would already be too late, but thanks to the K-pop gods, it was still up when we got there!
Mari Kim’s art would be familiar if you’re a fan of 2NE1 and if you have Peripera cosmetics.
Donguri Republic! Something you shouldn’t miss if you’re into Studio Ghibli films.
Spirited Away bath house!
My Neighbor Totoro mugs.
Suddenly, Lacoste L!VE in Hong Kong! Love the snakeskin collars on the iconic Lacoste polo shirt design.
Kids section of Harbour City = every little fashionista’s dream. Here you can find Baby Dior, Burberry Kids, etc.
Hong Kong Harbour View on a gloomy day that still felt all sunshine and rainbows because I was with Crissey! (Yeees!)
I’m typing this entry out from Chicago, and even if I’m enjoying myself here, I suddenly miss Crissey and this trip we had together! We must make #TrisseyTravels2014 happen, yes?