1) Black and white konad nail art thanks to I Do Nails in Eastwood! I’ve been going to this nail salon often recently because it’s super near where I live, plus I usually hang out in this mall with my friends!
2) Topshop silver polish, Etude House giant glitter polish and Tony Moly teal polish. Felt a little creative with this one.
3) Etude House CPP501. Cute pale lavender for spring.
4) Chanel Beige + konad nail art stamps thanks to I Do Nails
5) Orly Frisky thanks to Polished in the City. I will always be a sucker for blue nail polish. My friends have called certain blues as “Tricia Blue”s as I used to sport different shades of blue polish back in college!
6) CND Guava thanks to Dashing Diva. Went warm peach this time.
7) Chanel Rouge Fatal thanks to I Do Nails again. I love their selection of Chanel polishes!
8) Chanel Emprise thanks to Polished in the City
9) Chanel Inattendu with white houndstooth Konad stamps! And yes, I used Solanin as a bg, lol
10) Orly Gumdrop thanks to Park Jun’s in Glorietta. Had a sudden urge to have my nails done while waiting for my hair to be dyed. Same day I bumped into Camille who was dyeing her hair red for the third time!
11) Current nails! Orly Cotton Candy and Chanel Gold Lame thanks to I Do Nails.
I changed my nail polish 11 times since the start of the year. Talk about being fickle. To celebrate the start of May, maybe I’ll change my nail polish again tonight…
I can’t seem to get this color out of my mind. Such a classy and clean color with that trademark Chanel formula. When I paint my nails something other than this wonderful milky coffee, mannequin-ish color, I often find myself removing it soon after, and replacing it with Chanel Beige at the end of the day.
Literally. At the end of the day. There is no other top coat than Seche Vite to do the trick. It dries nail polish completely and instantly like a charm, and has that creamy, gel polish-like effect. All in a matter of 5-10 minutes. I can sleep immediately after and there are zero pillow marks or random streaks! Thanks to Polished in the City for introducing me to it! IN LOVE.
1) OPI Thanks A Windmillion (current nails)
2) Beauty & Butter Art Pro Nail machine printed nails (I chose the mode-inspired design of course!)
3) Chanel Pearl Drop and Topshop dark red polish from their A/W 11 collection
4) Mixing metals! Cutex and Topshop nail polish
5) OPI Don’t Pretzel My Buttons
6) Topshop AW11 pale green base with Topshop SS11 metallic green diagonal tips (used tape!)
7) Beauty & Butter gel nail art that I kept throughout my Indonesia trip last November
8) Beauty & Butter blue-violet polish with tiny stones
9) Nail polish that my friend Tracy gave me from the US
10) ORLY GelFX Prisma Gloss SIlver base with White Tips glitter top coat which I kept throughout my Hong Kong trip last October
11) Zoya Kristen (which is such a perfect shade of blue!)
12) Etude House PK014 and Tony Moly PP04! Pastel goodness!
13) Nail Bistro's early Christmas gift! ORLY Crawford's Wine
I change my nail polish faster than the weather!
So what’s the reason behind all these erratic nail color changes? One of my ultimate pet peeves is chipped nail polish, and I absolutely cannot stand looking at nail polish that have already chipped but strangely haven’t been completely removed by nail polish remover. Seriously, if I had all the time in the world, I’d bring nail polish remover with me everywhere and remove people’s chipped nail polish myself! Get it together, girls. It just looks… well, unkempt and unclassy. *cringe* If you can’t keep up with proper nail care, just opt for no polish at all. Personally, I *have to* remove my nail polish at the first sight of imperfection, especially if I had my nails done professionally and don’t have the color used in my own household. Talk about obsessive-compulsiveness! I admit I can get quite clumsy at times, so you can just imagine how fast my nail polish chips… but this is why I absolutely *love* gel polish once in a while. I’m still crossing my fingers for Japanese hard gels to be available here though. That would be such a dream. T_T
1. Got gel nail polish in time for my Melbourne trip. I had these done at Indigo Salon, the same salon where I have my hair done. This here is Orly GelFX in First Kiss.
2) Couldn’t help but take a picture of my Baby G Sunny (red) and Jessica (white + silver) watches beside my old Yoona (white + gold) watch from Time Depot. Speaking of SNSD, I still haven’t gotten tickets to the concert on January yet! A bit torn on what tickets to get because it’s not a solo concert! I still wish I could get an all-access photographer pass though.
I watched BIG BANG two weeks ago and I regret not getting the best tickets! NEXT TIME
3) Wise words from… well, the back of one of the cubicles in the female restroom at the NAIA2 airport.
4) One of my Melbourne outfits - JEANASIS coat, Romwe top, Forever 21 skirt, H&M flats. Opted for flats because I had a lot of walking to do!
5) Wonderful latte art at Famish’d, a little salad bar along Little Collins. Coffee in Melbourne is serious business.
6) THE BEST CHEESE STICKS IN THE WORLD! Pie Face, I miss you already.
7) Annoyingly shiny shoes with my Motel Rocks printed pants and H&M maroon sweater.
8) Drew, Tracy, Kiks, Kim, Tep and Adi. I’ve got the silliest best friends! One day, at Fully Booked, they grabbed a copy of the magazine I was on, and asked all the salespeople if they recognized me from the cover trolololol
Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported us last September! I wouldn’t have been on the cover if it weren’t for the people behind the magazine and the people who continually read my blog even after all these years!
10) Matchy matchy nails with the blue on my pants. This one is from Tony Moly.
11) Glittery sweater from H&M, floral print pants from Romwe, necklace from EMODA, overused bag from Mango (it’s my default travel bag).
12) Eat all the Japanese food! Lunch date with my boyfriend at Omakase. I swear I can eat Japanese food everyday, if it weren’t too expensive.
13) Beauty Bar Dashing Diva nails in Diamond District. If you’ve noticed, I change my nail polish very often. It’s one of my very quiet obsessions - 4 days is my limit when it comes to giving my nails a rest from all the nail polish. I need to have color on my nails! Nails would probably be the last thing people would notice in my pictures, but it’s something like earrings which I feel naked without.
Gold nail polish on three fingers. Pink nail polish with gold polka dots on two.
The Etude House cat freebie I’ve had for months now. It has my mom’s and my brother’s voices recorded in it. Plus nail stickers that I need to remove as soon as possible because it’s been 2 weeks.
And my bangs are so long I have resorted to using a curling iron just so they wouldn’t get into my eyes.