1) Trissey (Tricia + Crissey) bonding after so long! We spent almost a whole day together - it was loads of fun, especially with the kind of silliness that is always expected from our duo. <3
2) Pat from Apartment 8 treated us to cake in the middle of shooting. Of course, with something as cute as this, you’d expect us to take photos and Instagram first before digging in!
3) Valentines-themed cupcakes at Sonja’s in Serendra! Not what I ordered (since my favorite from them is their Red Velvet) but too cute not to Instagram, lol.
4) Spent a lazy afternoon in Starbucks reading this book. Little did I know that my angkong (grandfather) would pass away the next day. It’s the first time I’m explicitly talking about it but I pretty much spent most of my February afternoons and evenings at the hospital and at his wake (even on Valentines Day), thus the lessened activity on my blog during this month. He was in and out of the hospital for heart-related problems most of 2012 as well.
As of this writing, it’s been exactly 49 days since his burial. We actually just came from the cemetery to visit him again and pay our respects. He’s in a better place now. <3
5) Quick lunch at Yabu!
6) Valentines-themed shoot with James and Ericka!
7) Heart-shaped donuts at Krispy Kreme. A ton of people commented on my IG saying that they look like heart-shaped ground meat, lol.
8) MEXX outing with blogger friends! With Lissa, Laureen and David.
9) Chocolate-covered strawberries for Valentines thanks to Pond’s!
10) Received pretty flowers from Krissy and Ericka <3
11) Flowers for my angkong, 3 days after the burial. In his mausoleum — “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness.”
12) Sweet pink hair (or wig) and make.
14) Little things! Mini Canon USB from @osgenshop on IG and mini Celine ear plug from @crownedvelvet on IG. Yes, that’s a page of ViVi with Sara Mary on it!
15) Wore this to the Young Market Masters Awards (YMMA). Simple black shift dress from Mango and bag from Forever 21.
16) Strawberry mousse!
17) Pink and white outfit in preparation for spring/summer.
18) Wearing the very popular Apartment 8 peekaboo shoulder top! So happy it got wonderful reviews from people after I wore it, as all their stocks were sold out twice, and people still want it to this day! <3
19) Suddenly, dark hair after a disaster at my previous salon! It has since then faded to my current hair color which is still a little messy, but at least I already cut all the damaged parts off!
Wearing Orly Frisky nail polish from @polishedinthecity on IG.
20) Alice in Wonderland vibes at the ob for shu uemura event at SoFA! Macarons everywhere!
21) Blue top and necklace from Forever 21, bag from Moussy (Japan), and inset skirt leggings from Yesstyle. My hair was pretty much fried at this point…
22) Met up with my best friends at The Old Spaghetti House and got this cheesy penne pasta. NOM.
23) Second time to see Crissey! <3 We were invited to a web show called Live, Love, Lolz by Tita K! But first we had dinner together, and spent the rest of our time camwhoring in a small bathroom, lol.
Now here’s something that every Potterhead should have, I think. It doesn’t really state Hogwarts anywhere and I know the school is in Scotland but it reminds me so much of Harry Potter all the same. <3
Day 2 of MOFW Hong Kong and I’m wearing mostly Chicwish! You might have already noticed them all over Lookbook.nu before, since they sponsor quite a number of high karma gainers there. Did you know that they’re actually based in Hong Kong? I’ve done quite a number of sponsored entries wearing their clothes before, but I’ve always failed to mention that all my Chicwish packages come from Hong Kong. Since the items are sent from one Asian country to another, and they chose the most convenient shipping methods, I only have to pay a very minimal amount (if any) at the post office. Another reason for us to go crazy with online shopping this Christmas, yes?
This time, I picked items out from their recent collection, and created a coordinate with a “girly military” theme in mind. I made sure to balance out the toughness of the camo print jacket and boots with some softer elements like…
…this short khaki skater skirt and this button-down top with the most adorable buttons.
Earrings embellished with pearls! This pair from SM Accessories is slowly climbing up the charts as one of my ultimate faves. I love the unique design that I can easily match with everything in my closet. It is the combination of shapes that makes it so interesting to look at!
Badass arm(y) candy from olive + piper. :D
Instead of wearing cliche military boots, I opted for taupe-colored lace-ups with sky high platforms and chunky brown heels. They look like JCs but they’re not!
Stay tuned for my next MOFW HK entry! Also, so sorry I couldn’t post this yesterday! Got pretty caught up with birthday activities with my loved ones. But thank you for all the overwhelming greetings in my social networking sites. So happy. <3