Tory Burch’s story is one of my favorite success stories of all time, so I couldn’t pass the opportunity to drop by the Tory Burch Beauty Collection launch at Rustan’s Makati a few weeks ago.
Fashion and beauty go hand in hand, and I can definitely see Tory Burch evolving into a full-blown lifestyle brand after launching this make-up collection. Now, your clothes, shoes, bags and make-up can all match!
The Tory Burch lipstick collection includes 12 shades for different occasions! They’re designed to suit different skin tones.
Their signature color, “Pas du Tout” was so successful that they decided to create other shades! We’re so lucky!
The darker colors may look intimidating, but the lipsticks actually apply sheer. So ideal for everyday use!
When do I even start with the luxuriousness of the whole collection? Each lipstick is also subtly scented with cassis, grapefruit and mandarin, and the logo on top is so pretty, you wouldn’t want to ruin it! The orange casing is a work of art - you’ll definitely want to keep it even after you’ve finished the whole tube.
Other notable items from the beauty collection are their lip/cheek stain and blush/bronzer combo.
Took photos of the current Tory Burch collection while I was at it.
Really eyeing the gold one in the middle! Come to mama!
Look familiar? It’s because I have the black one! Perfect everyday shoe. Seems like the slip-on trend isn’t going away any time soon.
Need these jelly flats in my life! Not sure if I should get the Reva ballet flats or these ones instead. I can’t resist anything with ribbons.
Or should I get these matchy-matchy shoes and bags instead?
Bumped into Patricia as well! Thank you Tory Burch Beauty for inviting us to this event. Had so much fun!
Tory Burch Lip Color Collection is available at Rustan’s Makati, Rustan’s Shangrila and Tory Burch Greenbelt Boutique. The lipsticks are priced at PHP 1,650 each.
Last August 15, Kenneth Cole New York celebrated their newly remodeled store in Power Plant Mall. Guests and customers enjoyed free Starbucks and TWG cocktail food and macarons, on top of the generous 15% off discount on all regular items.
Before a long line formed for free coffee. Anything for Starbucks!
With fellow Ponds and Tresemme ambassador Kelly Misa! She lined up early so she was able to leisurely enjoy her coffee while shopping.
Coffee and shopping? Best combination ever. I love whoever came up with this idea! I can do without cocktails and champagne, as long as I have my hearty cup of coffee to fuel my materialistic urges.
Kenneth Cole’s Look Good, For Good is not just your ordinary hipster-looking photogenic sign on the store’s window display.
The Kenneth Cole foundation supports a number of organizations that provide education, shelter, aid, and other nurturing efforts to build talent (among other things) with Collective Health, Civil Liberties, and Artistic Activism as their main pillars. They have 30 years of philanthropy history behind them, and this is only one of the many reasons why it will always feel good to look good wearing Kenneth Cole New York.
Another reason, of course, is the high-quality but affordable products that they always offer. All the classic silhouettes and styles that can never, ever go out of style = I covet.
Kenneth Cole has great men’s shoes! Wish these were available in women’s sizes too!
The current selection highlights these strappy sandals for all the normcore/anti-fashion girls out there. Who needs heels when you’ve got fashionable flats?
Would’ve gotten the black pointy pumps if only my feet weren’t too small for the smallest size, huhu. #smallfeetproblems
This style incorporates the 925 (a play on “nine to five”) technology that Kenneth Cole is known for. Every woman can wear these 925 shoes to work, at work, and after work. No need for an extra pair of walking shoes!
Our shopping spoils! You can never have enough black and pointy shoes!
Thought of getting this bag too! The color is beautiful, and I’m such a sucker for boxy-looking bags that look like they have enough room to stuff your whole life inside.
Thank you Kenneth Cole New York for inviting me to your re-opening event! They improved their store’s appearance, and now it’s everybody’s wardrobe’s turn!
Now officially part of the Pond’s family! I’ve been using Pond’s products for as long as I can remember, and I often consider the brand as my first ever introduction to skincare and beauty.
Last July 10th, Pond’s Philippines held a “Beautiful Story” gala at The Peninsula Manila Hotel in Makati to launch the newest Pond’s endorser, as well as to show snippets of the Pond’s girls’ transformation stories.
It was such an honor to stand on the same stage as the 16 other Pond’s ambassadors, especially since I used to just admire them from afar! I never imagined that I could be part of this roster in my lifetime. Thanks to Pond’s for emphasizing that there is a place for different kinds of beauty in this world.
One of the things I love about Pond’s is that it’s out there to prove that beauty is attainable, and that real beauty also includes inner beauty. They never make it seem like it’s intimidating, like there is only one mold for someone to be considered beautiful. Even a quiet, geeky girl like me can find a place to belong!
Of course, I couldn’t let this special event pass without taking any photos!
With my loves Angie and Ogie! I’ve worked with them before as a photographer, so it was really fun and interesting to be the one sitting on the make-up chair this time.
Soft smokey eyes was the peg for the night! I wish I could do this kind of make-up on myself. Like, how awesome were these eyebrows?
Ogie’s masterpiece! They decided to put my hair up since I always have it down for my OOTDs.
Rhoy worked on pretty Patricia’s hair!
Time for touch-ups with Kryz!
This is what dreams are made of. The decors reminded me so much of Elsa’s castle in Frozen.
We look like characters from Guardians of the Galaxy! Here I am with my good friend, Ms. Beauty and Sparkle, Nicole.
Thanks to Reese Rubin for styling us for the event! Had a few outfit changes before this, but the high neck + simplicity in this one pretty much hit the mark for me.
One of the rare moments I wore backless to an event. Or to anywhere.
Preview and Candy represent!
Dinner time. The menu was all sorts of perfect!
I had some fancy sea bass.
Le boyfriend had some foie gras steak.
Pond’s blogger ambassadors! All white with Patricia, Kryz, Nicole and Laureen.
After dinner, they started showing our photos on the revolving stage. ”I used to be just behind the scenes, but now I found the confidence to stand in front of the camera.”
To those who have followed me since the beginning of time (i.e. deviantART or even Livejournal days 10 years ago), I’ve really come a long way, huh? I used to always cover my face and never talk in public because I was shy and afraid of so many things. Once, I was so set on never showing my face, and just settling for behind the scenes forever.
I’m still the same awkward girl, but I’m no longer scared. :)
With Patricia Prieto, Heart Evangelista and Laureen Uy for Pond’s Flawless White.
Agoo Bengzon, Chesca Garcia-Kramer, Kelly Misa-Fernandez, and Rissa Mananquil-Trillo for Pond’s Age Miracle.
Tweetie De leon-Gonzales, Charlene Gonzales-Muhlach, Apples Aberin, and Hindy Weber-Tantoco for Pond’s Age Miracle.
Thank you remarks by Apples Aberin. To her left (our right) is the newest endorser of Pond’s, Toni Gonzaga. I’m really happy that she was chosen as the new face of Pond’s because her beauty is really off the charts! Backstage, she also seemed so sweet and friendly, and I think I spent a good few seconds just admiring how perfect her skin was!
Toni shared the beautiful story behind that beautiful face we often see on our television sets. It was all too familiar. It was a story that all girls can definitely relate to. Toni used to go to auditions and feel discouraged whenever she was surrounded by beautiful women. But her drive and talent persevered, making her beauty shine like no other.
With Mr. Rohit Jawa, Chairman and CEO of Unilever Philippines.
With all the Pond’s girls! From top left: Charlene Gonzalez, Rissa Mananquil-Trillo, Apples Aberin, Tweetie de Leon-Gonzalez, Agoo Bengson, Patricia Prieto, Tricia Gosingtian, Toni Gonzaga, Jasmine Curtis-Smith, Nicole Andersson, Kryz Uy, Kelly Misa-Fernandez, Laureen Uy, Heart Evangelista, Julia Barretto, Cheska Garcia-Kramer, Hindy Weber-Tantoco.
Thank you for calling us “The Philippines’ Most Beautiful Faces” <3 We all share the same dream to inspire Filipinas that they too can be more beautiful than they ever imagined.
Stay tuned for our personal transformation videos soon. Discover the #BeautifulStory behind every beautiful face, and you might just discover yours.
Sorry for the Instawillgoplaces delay! Anyhow, feast your eyes on plentiful food porn, travel photos and a couple of annoying photos of myself, teehee.
1) Really really really good Mac and Cheese and Truffle Pizza at one of my new favorite places to eat/hang out, Locale Gastrobar in Pasig. NOM.
2) Camwhoring in the dressing room at the Apartment 8 launch with Lissa, Camille, Patricia, Vern and Verniece.
3) Pigged out at Wildflour Café + Bakery with my boyfriend RG after a long day at The Mind Museum. Totally craving for all these right now. Can’t wait to go back!
4) MAC Ruby Woo lipstick and matching red nails! Sweater from Forever 21.
5) After getting a bangs trim and a blowdry at my usual salon. I should do this hairstyle more often…
6) Attended the Ateneo Bonfire as usual, to celebrate the 5th straight championship for the UAAP Basketball team! Boyfriend and I are both proud Ateneans :D
7) The first time I dyed my hair darker after a long time. It’s (Schwarzkopf) Igora Royal 5-65 on light brown, previously bleached hair. 7-65 for the non-bleached parts like roots. Baby steps to making the color even. It was frustrating when the color on my roots and the rest of my hair would fade differently, so my hairstylist decided to use two different colors (from the same family) then. Complex stuff.
8) BIG BANG concert! Definitely one of the highlights of 2012. <3 I made sure to schedule my flight to Hong Kong the next day and not on the day of the concert!
Went with my Juju, Calel and his girlfriend Farrah who is a huuuge K-pop fan. We both screamed our lungs out during the concert like crazy people, lol. Sadly can’t go to the DFKC but I’m still crossing my fingers for a solo SNSD concert or a possible SM Town Manila. :(
9) As soon as my friend Jee and I arrived in Hong Kong, we splurged on giant strawberries at the supermarket. Yum!
10) Hong Kong Disneyland with Jee! She bought the cutest Marie cat ears because she super loves cats, and I got myself a nice limited edition Halloween Minnie headband.
11) Benico x Hello Kitty Petit Macaron blushes in PM03 and PM04 in Sasa for about HKD99 each. Still using these blushes now, especially the purple/pink one.
12) Stocked up on some of my favorite lashes! Sasa, just come to Manila already! T_T
13) Had dinner with the family at UCC as soon as I came back to Manila! Absolutely in love with their seafood salad. Pricey but so good.
14) And yet another dinner with the family. This time at Italianni’s in Eastwood Mall. We all clearly missed each other too much. That, or we all have bottomless pits as stomachs.
15) Before I knew it, I was out of the country again! Here’s a pretty view of Jakarta.
16) Borobudur Temple!
17) Prambanan Temple!
18) The most adorable Alice in Wonderland stickers I found at a random stall in a mall in Jakarta. Alice and I have the same hair! :D
19) Japanese burger with truffle cream sauce at UMAMI in The Grove. My siblings and I also love going to this place for coffee and dessert! Try their sea salt caramel coffee. <3
20) The yummiest comfort food at Borough in The Podium with my family. Brooklyn Omelette, I love you forever.
21) Homemade paella made by my talented brother Calel!
22) Bangs! With Camille at the Apartment 8 Holiday Collection shoot.
23) My super sweet boyfriend surprised me with flowers the night before my birthday! He also baked a layered chocolate cookie dough and oreo cake which we both ate at midnight. He worked on it for 5 straight hours! Intense.
The perks of having a boyfriend who loves to cook and bake. I fail at everything related to the kitchen, lol.
24) I didn’t post this on Instagram but I just found this too cute not to share! I was taking my usual outfit photos in front of the mirror when he decided to photobomb me. :D
Pink and princess-y look while I still can. Dress is something I got in Korea a long time ago. Maybe I should schedule a trip to Seoul again this year…
25) He treated me to Wafu in Greenhills for my birthday lunch. So. Freaking. Good. I can eat Japanese food everyday.
26) Then we spent most of the night with the rest of my family at Mom and Tina’s. First time to treat all of them for my birthday instead of the usual. For the past 24 years it has always been my parents paying for everything but I wanted to give back by treating them out for dinner for once. Made me feel like an adult! :D
27) My dad surprised me with cake (which I ended up paying for also, lol) with a color scheme and design that matched the color of my top and the curls on my hair! 8D
28) Light make-up and shiny gold accents.
'Til next time! I'll probably do a separate entry for my December Instagram photos. Follow me @tgosingtian for live updates!