Sorry for the Instawillgoplaces delay! Anyhow, feast your eyes on plentiful food porn, travel photos and a couple of annoying photos of myself, teehee.
1) Really really really good Mac and Cheese and Truffle Pizza at one of my new favorite places to eat/hang out, Locale Gastrobar in Pasig. NOM.
2) Camwhoring in the dressing room at the Apartment 8 launch with Lissa, Camille, Patricia, Vern and Verniece.
3) Pigged out at Wildflour Café + Bakery with my boyfriend RG after a long day at The Mind Museum. Totally craving for all these right now. Can’t wait to go back!
4) MAC Ruby Woo lipstick and matching red nails! Sweater from Forever 21.
5) After getting a bangs trim and a blowdry at my usual salon. I should do this hairstyle more often…
6) Attended the Ateneo Bonfire as usual, to celebrate the 5th straight championship for the UAAP Basketball team! Boyfriend and I are both proud Ateneans :D
7) The first time I dyed my hair darker after a long time. It’s (Schwarzkopf) Igora Royal 5-65 on light brown, previously bleached hair. 7-65 for the non-bleached parts like roots. Baby steps to making the color even. It was frustrating when the color on my roots and the rest of my hair would fade differently, so my hairstylist decided to use two different colors (from the same family) then. Complex stuff.
8) BIG BANG concert! Definitely one of the highlights of 2012. <3 I made sure to schedule my flight to Hong Kong the next day and not on the day of the concert!
Went with my Juju, Calel and his girlfriend Farrah who is a huuuge K-pop fan. We both screamed our lungs out during the concert like crazy people, lol. Sadly can’t go to the DFKC but I’m still crossing my fingers for a solo SNSD concert or a possible SM Town Manila. :(
9) As soon as my friend Jee and I arrived in Hong Kong, we splurged on giant strawberries at the supermarket. Yum!
10) Hong Kong Disneyland with Jee! She bought the cutest Marie cat ears because she super loves cats, and I got myself a nice limited edition Halloween Minnie headband.
11) Benico x Hello Kitty Petit Macaron blushes in PM03 and PM04 in Sasa for about HKD99 each. Still using these blushes now, especially the purple/pink one.
12) Stocked up on some of my favorite lashes! Sasa, just come to Manila already! T_T
13) Had dinner with the family at UCC as soon as I came back to Manila! Absolutely in love with their seafood salad. Pricey but so good.
14) And yet another dinner with the family. This time at Italianni’s in Eastwood Mall. We all clearly missed each other too much. That, or we all have bottomless pits as stomachs.
15) Before I knew it, I was out of the country again! Here’s a pretty view of Jakarta.
16) Borobudur Temple!
17) Prambanan Temple!
18) The most adorable Alice in Wonderland stickers I found at a random stall in a mall in Jakarta. Alice and I have the same hair! :D
19) Japanese burger with truffle cream sauce at UMAMI in The Grove. My siblings and I also love going to this place for coffee and dessert! Try their sea salt caramel coffee. <3
20) The yummiest comfort food at Borough in The Podium with my family. Brooklyn Omelette, I love you forever.
21) Homemade paella made by my talented brother Calel!
22) Bangs! With Camille at the Apartment 8 Holiday Collection shoot.
23) My super sweet boyfriend surprised me with flowers the night before my birthday! He also baked a layered chocolate cookie dough and oreo cake which we both ate at midnight. He worked on it for 5 straight hours! Intense.
The perks of having a boyfriend who loves to cook and bake. I fail at everything related to the kitchen, lol.
24) I didn’t post this on Instagram but I just found this too cute not to share! I was taking my usual outfit photos in front of the mirror when he decided to photobomb me. :D
Pink and princess-y look while I still can. Dress is something I got in Korea a long time ago. Maybe I should schedule a trip to Seoul again this year…
25) He treated me to Wafu in Greenhills for my birthday lunch. So. Freaking. Good. I can eat Japanese food everyday.
26) Then we spent most of the night with the rest of my family at Mom and Tina’s. First time to treat all of them for my birthday instead of the usual. For the past 24 years it has always been my parents paying for everything but I wanted to give back by treating them out for dinner for once. Made me feel like an adult! :D
27) My dad surprised me with cake (which I ended up paying for also, lol) with a color scheme and design that matched the color of my top and the curls on my hair! 8D
28) Light make-up and shiny gold accents.
'Til next time! I'll probably do a separate entry for my December Instagram photos. Follow me @tgosingtian for live updates!
Photographed by Tricia Gosingtian, styled by Patricia Prieto, modeled by Camille Co. Shot last September 2012.
Last October 11 at Power Plant Mall, Rags2Riches (RIIR) and Aranaz showcased their second collaboration entitled “Nudos”, or “knots” in Spanish. Thanks to Amina Aranaz of ARANAZ and Reese Fernandez of RIIR, I was lucky enough to be one of the blogger muses for this collection, along with Camille, Patricia, Kryz, Danika and Alyssa! We were each given our own Nudos pieces to integrate into our outfits so we can also serve as walking models during the event. I got to keep my pretty black and orange clutch too, so you might see it on my Lookbook one of these days. :)
What’s remarkable about this collection is that all these eco-ethical products are handcrafted using organic scrap cloth for a specific cause. RIIR made it possible to give impoverished women in Payatas income opportunities and financial security by creating a social enterprise discouraging the exploitation of these women’s talents. Reese and I were actually part of the same batch of Go Negosyo Inspiring Young Entrepreneurs last 2010, and I feel so small every time I hear about all her achievements and advocacies. Makes me wonder if I can do something as meaningful and as “Truly Filipino” as RIIR one day. She is inspiring all right, and very fashionable in her own right as well. /fangirl
Here are some of the pictures that I took during the event!
Last October 5 was the official launch of Apartment 8. They finally got to do this after years being in the industry, and I couldn’t be happier for the team behind this wonderful brand. What I love most about them is that they offer a wide assortment of affordable, high-quality clothes that can fit different personal styles. I believe in their products so much that I agreed to be one of the brand ambassadors, along with Camille and Patricia. The 3 of us got to represent the 3 roommates of Apartment 8 - Blair, Paris and Katy. This concept got me sold! It’s so incredibly fresh, don’t you think?
Click on the names to view each collection:
Blair: "Sophisticated, clean, classy. Whoever said that sophistication and sass don’t mix clearly hasn’t met Blair. With her classic, polished look, she proves that a girl with good taste can have a real good time. All the gossip about this girl is true; she puts the fine in refined."
Paris: "Nobody knows how to live it up quite like Paris. This sexy girl sure can work a room and demand attention when she wants it. Constantly clad in pieces that stand out like her personality, Paris is certainly where the party’s at."
Katy: "Katy is the epitome of fun. Her bubbly personality translates to her wardrobe, which often consists of pops of color and prints that make you do a double take. She is edgy. She is spontaneity. She’s the perfect mix of young, wild, and free."
Click here to view all my previous Apartment 8 posts.
Not inspired to splurge on all their pretty clothes yet? Here are a few photos that me and my boyfriend took during the launch at Blue Leaf Events Pavillon at McKinley Hill. They also got other blogger ambassadors like Lissa, Vern, Verniece, JL and Domz to walk down the runway dressed in special Apartment 8 pieces.
Dressing room with Lissa and Camille after we had our make-up done. Different hair and lip colors!
I almost never attend events as much as them so I rarely get to bond with bloggers outside work, but when I do, it’s always such a pleasant time. Good, positive vibes!
One of my muses, Tori, modeled for the fashion show. She is one of the best, most professional models I have ever known, and everyone (including me) should take a cue from her because she is so professional (and always on time, if not earlier than everybody else). It’s only a matter of time before she becomes big! <3
Ais Liao, who does the make-up for some of the shoots I photographed in the past. It was such a new feeling when I was the one sitting on her make-up chair as a model this time.
Camille while having her make-up done. Silver smoky eyes with bright pink lips - a show-stopping combination very fitting for Paris.
Pretty Patricia fully made-up. Super love this lip color on her!
Chow Resurreccion, my brain twin, and the amazing designer behind all the Blair collections and this intricate flapper dress that I’m wearing.
Ernest’s jacket. He is the designer behind all the Paris collections!
Lissa having her make-up done. Girl has the most flawless skin ever!
Pictures from the fashion show:
Patricia modeling Josh Buenaflor’s design for Katy. Too bad I don’t have a proper picture in my camera, but it was such an interesting design.
Never mind that I am the most awkward person on stage and I have the worst posture ever! Congratulations to the Apartment 8 team for this opportunity. You finally did it! I can’t wait for other people to enjoy your designs as much as we did.
Thank you most especially to the lovely lady behind all this. Sheira, you are sorely loved! <3