TWG Tea, the world’s finest tea brand, launches the Red Lantern Tea Mooncake Collection of eight intricately crafted tea-infused snowskin and traditional mooncakes!
My brother and I paid a visit to the TWG Tea in Shang recently to get a box of mooncakes for ourselves and the family.
I’m so happy that TWG Tea finally opened here in Manila. I used to always go to the ones in Ion Orchard and Marina Bay Sands whenever I went to Singapore. Now it has become so much easier to get my afternoon tea and macaron fix.
For the love of cherry blossom-themed anything. These made me miss Japan so much!
One of my favorite macaron flavors from TWG! You can’t go wrong with salted caramel.
My sweet tooth was very much satisfied. <3
Talk about food coma. After ordering a bunch of macarons, my brother and I couldn’t help but try the mooncakes out as well.
The first mooncake that we tried was Moonlight. It had such an interesting texture. I thought the addition of sesame seeds is genius… or maybe I’m just biased because I love sesame (black sesame, sesame oil, sesame seeds, etc.).
Some of the suggested tea pairings for this mooncake included Midsummer Night Tea, Number 12 Tea, Chocolate Tea, London Breakfast Tea, 1837 Black Tea, Vanilla Bourbon Tea, Napoleon Tea (one of my faves - I actually ordered it on ice as you can see in the photo), Earl Grey Gentleman, and Maharajah Darjeeling.
Salted caramel and Napoleon Tea are my TWG Tea weaknesses, so the Aurora mooncake was an absolute winner for me! I swear I could eat this everyday. I personally prefer the texture of snowskin mooncakes since they remind me so much of my favorite desserts, but the shelf life of traditional ones are much longer.
Suggested tea pairings include The Bellini Tea, Blue Lotus Tea, Weekend in Moscow Tea, Silver Moon Tea (in photo above), Creme Caramel (also one of my personal faves which I order on ice), English Breakfast Tea, New York Breakfast Tea, Brother’s Club Tea and Singapore Breakfast Tea.
TWG Tea mooncakes are entirely handmade fresh daily by their master pâtissiers, using only the purest, noble ingredients and accented with the myriad of flavors and aromas of their signature teas.
TWG Tea offers a set of four Traditional Mooncakes that retails at P2,088, while a set of four Snowskin Mooncakes retails at P2,188.
Both are elegantly available in the Red Lantern Mooncake gift box. Each mooncake in an individual Red Lantern Mooncake gift box retails at P468 and P498 for Traditional and Snowskin Mooncakes respectively.
Below are the description of the mooncakes in case you’re interested in buying for the upcoming Mid-Autumn Festival!
TWG Tea Traditional Mooncakes
Red Lantern - Wrapped in a perfectly baked golden brown crust, the delightful surprise of mixed almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia and pecans enveloped in a smooth lotus paste infused with the illuminating combination of jasmine, exotic fruits and sweet spices of Red Lantern Tea.
Emperor - An opulent representation of the Yin and Yang, this elegant golden brown crust embraces the harmonious balance of a luscious red bean paste adorning a delicate and aromatic Matcha Nara heart, whisked from the most prestigious tea estate in Japan.
Constellation - This iconic signature of mid-autumn festival holds within a golden crust a smooth and elegant Singapore Breakfast Tea infused brown lotus filling, a scattering of roasted melon seeds and an embedded salted egg yolk heart. A timeless favourite.
Moonlight - Encased in a lavish, brown crust, this exquisite TWG Tea mooncake is filled with smooth black sesame paste infused with Pu-Erh Prestige and sprinkled with black and white sesame seeds, enveloping an aromatic sesame paste heart.
TWG Tea Snowskin Mooncakes
Aurora - Perfectly sun-kissed yellow snowskin mooncake heralds the arrival of radiant mid-autumn days ahead, filled with salted caramel mousse infused with Napoleon Tea and a refreshing surprise of pear marmalade encased in a white chocolate heart.
Serenity - Adorned in a paradise blue snowskin, this alluring mooncake brings in the calm tides of a tropical oasis, filled with a classic kaya mousse infused with Vanilla Bourbon Tea, delicately graced by coconut crisps sprinkled around a strawberry filled white chocolate heart.
Pure - An ethereal satin white snowskin mooncake encases a smooth milk chocolate mousse infused with fruit and flowery notes of 1837 White Tea, revealing a heart of tangy blackcurrant marmalade and white chocolate.
Illumination - Concealed in a black snowskin, this exquisite mooncake reveals a brilliant composition of a light nutty praline infused with signature 1837 Black Tea and an oriental burst of glowing orange marmalade in a white chocolate heart.
Obligatory teapot selfie.
TWG Tea is only offering the mooncakes this August until September 12th, so do pay them a visit soon! The Mid-Autumn/Mooncake Festival is already on September 8th.
TWG Tea can be found in Greenbelt 5, Resorts World Manila, Rockwell Power Plant Mall, Shangri-La Plaza East Wing, Century City Mall and Central Square, Bonifacio Global City (opening today, August 20)
April was the time when I went to Osaka, Kyoto and Nara, but for some reason I didn’t really bother documenting other stuff that happened during the rest of the month. But I took a ton of pictures of food, which officially makes April my ultimate pig-out month so far. Even in Japan, I was eating like every 3 hours or so, lol.
My IG is @tgosingtian btw!
1) Obligatory selfie to start this post! What’s Instagram without annoying selfies?
2) My favorite salad from La Creperie. IT HAS EGG AND BACON. NOM
3) Nachos from Friday’s because le boyfriend loves nachos in general and could probably eat them everyday.
4) Ramen at Kichitora of Tokyo
5) Apple pie, most chocolate cake, black sesame and salted caramel ice cream!
6) I can’t remember what happened during this day but all I know is that I ordered pizza. And it was good.
7) Sleepy dog! (Follow Bailey on IG @mybebebailey)
8) Massive Hiroshima Oysters at Marufuku!
9) This was just 2 months ago when Bailey was still sooo small! Now she is 36 pounds or so!
10) Thanks to @crownedvelvet on IG for these cases!
11) Le Bunny Bleu is finally in Manila thanks to Yhansy!
12) Wonderful dinner at TWG. Spinach Fettuccini and TWG Tea Salad.
13) Macarons in all colors! At TWG
14) The most adorable nail polish, thanks to Rin of Luscious Closet (@lusciouscloset on IG)
15) My cousin Gilainne got married! <3
16) Flowers for the bridesmaids and sponsors
17) Took this picture of her right after she got ready! Blooming!
18) With her new husband Justin! Congratulations guys!
19) Touchdown Osaka!
20) Had okonomiyaki as my first meal as soon as I landed in the airport.
21) Osaka Castle!
22) Buy all the lashes in Japan! (I have a fear of running out of false lashes for some reason so I tend to splurge on a lot whenever I can)
23) Selfie! Pink cheeks and pink lips!
24) Make-up close-up.
25) Yummy beef at Morita-ya in Kyoto.
28) My last meal in Osaka, huhu.
29) Wore my Casio Sheen watch at the airport. Got it from Time Depot.
30) Thanks to Mariah of @bluedotpastries on IG for the cupcakes!
31) Went to Starbucks and the barista put this smiley on my drink! Cute!
32) My own pair from the new Keds x Taylor Swift collection! Thanks @KedsPH on IG!
33) Summer feel selfie!
34) Got these goodies from Kate Spade Saturday in Japan! Huu, I wish they’d open in other parts of Asia too. ;_;
35) WOODCEPTION! I got this iPhone case for my boyfriend somewhere in Shinsaibashi. Made from real wood! :D