1) Trissey (Tricia + Crissey) bonding after so long! We spent almost a whole day together - it was loads of fun, especially with the kind of silliness that is always expected from our duo. <3
2) Pat from Apartment 8 treated us to cake in the middle of shooting. Of course, with something as cute as this, you’d expect us to take photos and Instagram first before digging in!
3) Valentines-themed cupcakes at Sonja’s in Serendra! Not what I ordered (since my favorite from them is their Red Velvet) but too cute not to Instagram, lol.
4) Spent a lazy afternoon in Starbucks reading this book. Little did I know that my angkong (grandfather) would pass away the next day. It’s the first time I’m explicitly talking about it but I pretty much spent most of my February afternoons and evenings at the hospital and at his wake (even on Valentines Day), thus the lessened activity on my blog during this month. He was in and out of the hospital for heart-related problems most of 2012 as well.
As of this writing, it’s been exactly 49 days since his burial. We actually just came from the cemetery to visit him again and pay our respects. He’s in a better place now. <3
5) Quick lunch at Yabu!
6) Valentines-themed shoot with James and Ericka!
7) Heart-shaped donuts at Krispy Kreme. A ton of people commented on my IG saying that they look like heart-shaped ground meat, lol.
8) MEXX outing with blogger friends! With Lissa, Laureen and David.
9) Chocolate-covered strawberries for Valentines thanks to Pond’s!
10) Received pretty flowers from Krissy and Ericka <3
11) Flowers for my angkong, 3 days after the burial. In his mausoleum — “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness.”
12) Sweet pink hair (or wig) and make.
14) Little things! Mini Canon USB from @osgenshop on IG and mini Celine ear plug from @crownedvelvet on IG. Yes, that’s a page of ViVi with Sara Mary on it!
15) Wore this to the Young Market Masters Awards (YMMA). Simple black shift dress from Mango and bag from Forever 21.
16) Strawberry mousse!
17) Pink and white outfit in preparation for spring/summer.
18) Wearing the very popular Apartment 8 peekaboo shoulder top! So happy it got wonderful reviews from people after I wore it, as all their stocks were sold out twice, and people still want it to this day! <3
19) Suddenly, dark hair after a disaster at my previous salon! It has since then faded to my current hair color which is still a little messy, but at least I already cut all the damaged parts off!
Wearing Orly Frisky nail polish from @polishedinthecity on IG.
20) Alice in Wonderland vibes at the ob for shu uemura event at SoFA! Macarons everywhere!
21) Blue top and necklace from Forever 21, bag from Moussy (Japan), and inset skirt leggings from Yesstyle. My hair was pretty much fried at this point…
22) Met up with my best friends at The Old Spaghetti House and got this cheesy penne pasta. NOM.
23) Second time to see Crissey! <3 We were invited to a web show called Live, Love, Lolz by Tita K! But first we had dinner together, and spent the rest of our time camwhoring in a small bathroom, lol.
See style sparks fly when fabulous colors meet a mishmash of metallics and striking prints.
Photography by Tricia Gosingtian. Styling by Jed Gregorio. Make-up by Amanda Padilla. Hair by Ogie Rayel. Stylist’s Assistant: Joanna Kennedy. Models: Chris Baclig and Maan Marquez. Location: Subspace Coffeehouse.
Thanks mom for helping me with my photos even if I’m a little blurred. I love you still! <3
Last Valentines day, I wore a rose-colored one piece and cream pumps for my dinner date with my favorite boy. The day after, I still had a Valentines hangover so I opted for this color scheme when I went to UST for a photography and styling talk.
The students from Arkitrato were so nice giving me this cute bouquet which matched my outfit completely! The sweetest thing, really. I absolutely love flowers and I never think they’re sayang even if I know they’re going to wilt anyway. The gesture of giving flowers and the feeling after receiving them, traditional I may sound, do not compare to anything else.
My boyfriend gave me a bouquet of 11 pink roses and 3 yellow tulips last Tuesday. It was our second Valentines as a couple, but our first actual Valentines together since I was out of the country the first time. He was so sweet last year though, making such a huge effort sending the loveliest flowers to my hotel room in New York. <3
How did your Valentines Day go? I’d love to hear your story too!
P.S. I wore different shoes to the photography and styling talk but I couldn’t resist photographing these babies right away as soon as I got home and was greeted by easily the most perfect pair of strappy cream heels.
My whole family is out on their respective Valentines Day dates, and I am in the meantime idling alone, when I am supposed to work on my thesis and Philo-related things. We’re all going out for mass and dinner (and a movie, I think?) in a while, and I hope to get myself a nice cup of coffee for yet another all-nighter. I hope everyone is enjoying this day!
Plugging this again before I go!