April was the time when I went to Osaka, Kyoto and Nara, but for some reason I didn’t really bother documenting other stuff that happened during the rest of the month. But I took a ton of pictures of food, which officially makes April my ultimate pig-out month so far. Even in Japan, I was eating like every 3 hours or so, lol.
My IG is @tgosingtian btw!
1) Obligatory selfie to start this post! What’s Instagram without annoying selfies?
2) My favorite salad from La Creperie. IT HAS EGG AND BACON. NOM
3) Nachos from Friday’s because le boyfriend loves nachos in general and could probably eat them everyday.
4) Ramen at Kichitora of Tokyo
5) Apple pie, most chocolate cake, black sesame and salted caramel ice cream!
6) I can’t remember what happened during this day but all I know is that I ordered pizza. And it was good.
7) Sleepy dog! (Follow Bailey on IG @mybebebailey)
8) Massive Hiroshima Oysters at Marufuku!
9) This was just 2 months ago when Bailey was still sooo small! Now she is 36 pounds or so!
10) Thanks to @crownedvelvet on IG for these cases!
11) Le Bunny Bleu is finally in Manila thanks to Yhansy!
12) Wonderful dinner at TWG. Spinach Fettuccini and TWG Tea Salad.
13) Macarons in all colors! At TWG
14) The most adorable nail polish, thanks to Rin of Luscious Closet (@lusciouscloset on IG)
15) My cousin Gilainne got married! <3
16) Flowers for the bridesmaids and sponsors
17) Took this picture of her right after she got ready! Blooming!
18) With her new husband Justin! Congratulations guys!
19) Touchdown Osaka!
20) Had okonomiyaki as my first meal as soon as I landed in the airport.
21) Osaka Castle!
22) Buy all the lashes in Japan! (I have a fear of running out of false lashes for some reason so I tend to splurge on a lot whenever I can)
23) Selfie! Pink cheeks and pink lips!
24) Make-up close-up.
25) Yummy beef at Morita-ya in Kyoto.
28) My last meal in Osaka, huhu.
29) Wore my Casio Sheen watch at the airport. Got it from Time Depot.
30) Thanks to Mariah of @bluedotpastries on IG for the cupcakes!
31) Went to Starbucks and the barista put this smiley on my drink! Cute!
32) My own pair from the new Keds x Taylor Swift collection! Thanks @KedsPH on IG!
33) Summer feel selfie!
34) Got these goodies from Kate Spade Saturday in Japan! Huu, I wish they’d open in other parts of Asia too. ;_;
35) WOODCEPTION! I got this iPhone case for my boyfriend somewhere in Shinsaibashi. Made from real wood! :D
The day that I’ve been dreading has finally come, so here’s a bright and golden outfit to celebrate the end of my My Own Fashion Week Fukuoka series. No oxblood/maroon or black for this one, I’m afraid.
Now that my hair is lighter, I can wear these kinds of light monochromatic outfits again without my old dark hair contrasting too much.
This cream sweater is something I got on sale at the OLIVE des OLIVE store in Canal City, the same store where I got a few of my cute button-downs and peter pan collar sweaters last 2011. One year has passed since my first visit to Fukuoka, and they still possess the same daintiness that drew me to them in the first place.
I heard daisy motifs will be huge this spring/summer in Japan, following the success of the Marc Jacobs Daisy branding. I’m not surprised the Japanese loved the white and gold flower design so much that it has somwehow transcended into their fashion as well. OLIVE des OLIVE had a very subtle take on it. From afar the sweater looks quite plain and ordinary, but it actually has flowers with small golden studs on each center. It’s these details that make me love Japanese fashion so much. Sometimes they’re not so in-your-face when it comes to trends so you can still wear their clothes regardless of what’s in or what’s not.
Ahh, I’m so sad that this is going to be the last MOFW for a while, since I don’t have any planned trips until April (possibly Europe, like Austria and Germany) and May (Hello USA!). Unless I get a spontaneous sponsored trip this February or March… which is my ultimate wish right now, lol. T_T
My blog needs rest from all the constant traveling too, I guess. :)
Since I’ve been posting a lot of red, white and black for this series of MOFW, I figured I should just continue with it and not force myself to wear something I don’t want to wear, just because all my recent posts have been looking quite similar. Maybe because it’s almost Chinese New Year (or Valentines?) that I’ve been bringing out all the reds out of my closet, or maybe it’s only another one of my strange color accent phases. Wear one color every day for a week. I think I’m one of the very few who can live with this. Shows how passionate I can be for something!
But anyway, it’s not really the red that I want to emphasize here, but my bag, which is one of my most favorite purchases during my trip to Japan! It’s from the brand EGOIST, which you might find familiar if you’re an avid reader of JELLY and SCawaii. They sell quite a lot of black and white clothes, but what sets the brand apart from other MODE brands like EMODA and MURUA is that they offer more mature and feminine silhouettes, and sexy-meets-edgy pieces. Not only do they sell clothes but also accessories, shoes and bags which are all very stylish and up-to-date with trends.
Speaking of trends, studs have been all the rage for the past couple of months, and EGOIST was there when it all started. This bag was only one of the many bags that made use of studs in their designs, but this bag was *the* winner. Don’t you think it’s genius to just put the studs on one side, and make the opposite side plain? It’s like having 2 different bags! <3 I can show the plain part of the bag if my outfit is intricate, and the studded part if my outfit is super simple.
My clutch has a Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban cover on it. Someone’s still not over her previous Harry Potter post.
Anyway, time for another quick outfit entry. Here’s something I wore to an intimate personal branding talk where I was one of the speakers. Usually I wear pants to these kinds of occasions, but this time, the setting allowed me to wear something a little less formal.
Even if we don’t really have Fall in Manila, I can’t wait to bring all my Fall items out of my closet. This kind of orange, as well as this kind of darker, non-pastel floral print, scream autumn leaves and autumn trees.
These were shot some time ago, when my brown hair decided to give up on me and go back to blonde. I went to the salon immediately after this to have my hair dyed brown again even if my roots weren’t so bad yet! Everything is serious business when it comes to my hair.
It took me a year to grow my hair out after cutting 6 or so inches off last summer 2011. Now that it’s long, I suddenly have the urge to cut it shorter again.
Ahh, people always want what they don’t have!
So many colors for a change. My daily fashion choices surprise me too. It’s funny how I only really get to evaluate my outfit choices days and weeks after I actually wear them. Just shows how much thought I put into my styling process before heading out.
I think I’ll give my pastel colors a rest in the next couple of months. The typhoon we’ve been having in Manila has been so discouraging too. Makes you want to just curl up in a cozy sweater while you drink hot chocolate with a loved one.
Hope everyone had a good week!
This was born out of nature. The print and color on my shorts reminded me of a tree’s trunk, roots and leaves, while my blouse had these beautiful warm-colored flowers that served as the basis for my shoe and bag color decision. I rarely do print-on-print but I quite like how this turned out!
It’s so easy to be inspired by nature since it’s all around us. Don’t the colors also remind you of santan flowers? As a little kid, I was so fascinated with them, especially when you find them in a row where they start as red but end in some sort of light yellow color.
My friends and I made santan necklaces after our classes ended. One day, out of curiosity, we tried the nectar out. The other kids did it too, so why not join the “fun”? Ever heard of someone dying from santan nectar?
Contrary to popular belief, it didn’t taste like anything. I know it’s so random that I’m talking about santan nectar in this post, but I was seriously tricked into putting something so incredibly random in my mouth. Scarred for life!